Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 03:32 PM

221 posts, read 133,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I haven't watched the video, but I'd caution against throwing out accusations like this... especially when your only reasoning is "they weren't acting like I think people should act." Everyone reacts differently to shock and trauma, but accusations like this RUIN people's lives, and often stick even when evidence proves otherwise. And with social media these days, just one word from anyone could end up causing a ripple effect. Please don't be that person.

Edited to add: We also don't know the relationship between this girl and her parents. It's possible she's run off before, and they're hoping that's the case now.
I reported myself. It's doubtful she's ran off before but that is jmho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 05:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVerJenny View Post
So true. I may report my post to see if someone will remove it.

The few times I've said it it's the parents came out as true... EXCEPT with Jon Benet Ramsey. Clearly that father did not do anything to his daughter and still wants DNA checked. I can just tell, and they refuse to do it. Poor guy, he's been keeping this investigation open for decades now.

The Mom seemed to have a personality disorder so didn't seem to feel as others do. Not that she wasn't as upset, she just came across much differently. I suspect that is why they become suspects.

I live near Truckee. The rumor here is that the missing hispanic couple from Yuba City was staying at the same Campground. I don't know if it's true. They visited Hot August Nights in Reno that night and the women was in contact, present or on the phone with an ex boyfriend and current boyfriend. Sometimes a recipe for disaster
https://www.kcra.com/article/what-we...city/40902480#

Both are being reported as missing from Nevada County which is very odd. We don't get missing people in Truckee, it's full of well to do very stable people. It's a great place we'd love to live there someday but until then, all we do is shop there. I pass thru there for work.

I suspect they may be related. There are rumors here in our small town but most often, they are actually true.

No matter what, all 3 missing individuals were in the same spots in Truckee.
It appears that although the couple that's missing went through Truckee on the way home to Yuba City from Reno, they would have gone through there a couple of hours before Kiely went missing, and both Kiely and the couple were heard from long after they would have been in a shared area.

It doesn't seem likely they're related, to me.

Old 08-17-2022, 05:24 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3OC_30Ppyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AQZCVvqRyw

Old 08-17-2022, 05:30 PM

1,212 posts, read 732,456 times
A missing couple in the same general area and week suggests a non-coincidental connection to the missing teenager

Last edited by T Block; 08-17-2022 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-17-2022, 05:47 PM

13,703 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Here's a 13 year old girl who went missing in Oakland last Saturday but apparently found safe in Stockton.
https://www.kron4.com/news/13-year-o...mo-link-block1

What was she doing in Stockton? How did she get there?

No information thus far.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:10 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Block View Post
A missing couple in the same general area and week suggests a non-coincidental connection to the missing teenager
It doesn't suggest anything. People always try to connect missing persons up with other missing persons and crimes in the same area. It happens in every single missing person case. Unless a serial killer is involved, it is just a coincidence.

Now if you want to talk about a non-coincidence, the girl and her car are missing. I will bet money that that is not a coincidence.

Old 08-18-2022, 04:33 AM

1,212 posts, read 732,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Now if you want to talk about a non-coincidence, the girl and her car are missing. I will bet money that that is not a coincidence.
The couple from Yuba City have been found with their vehicle, crashed down an embankment, out of ordinary sight, and on an expected route.

So then two different single-vehicle accidents, without witnesses, taking the vehicles out of sight, in the same general area, and on the same day, would be unusual. But I did previously note the long tight curve across a section of the lake where the teenager was

Last edited by T Block; 08-18-2022 at 05:01 AM..

Old 08-18-2022, 09:01 AM

5,158 posts, read 6,133,704 times
Quote:
The couple from Yuba City have been found with their vehicle, crashed down an embankment, out of ordinary sight, and on an expected route.

So then two different single-vehicle accidents, without witnesses, taking the vehicles out of sight, in the same general area, and on the same day, would be unusual. But I did previously note the long tight curve across a section of the lake where the teenager was
Strange turn of events. You see a lot of missing persons turn up the same way. I always think about that German family that got stuck in their rental van in Death Valley and weren’t found for quite some time.

Do you think in the future cars will have transponders or would that be an invasion of privacy? It could result in some cases being solved quicker. Seems a lot of cases the phones go dark.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:57 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,776,846 times
Quote:

The Yuba City couple were found in far western Nevada County off of Highway 20 near Poker Flat Rd. I know the area well having lived in that immediate vicinity for 20 years - basically about 2 miles from where they were found. Yes, Highway 20 does extend well into eastern Nevada County but where they were found is roughly 65 miles west of Truckee on a twisty section of Highway 20 where such accidents are not uncommon, unfortunately.

Here's a link to the article in today's The Union, the Nevada County newspaper.

https://www.theunion.com/news/nevada...ound-deceased/

Old 08-18-2022, 09:59 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
That is quite a coincidence. Hot August Nights draws in a tremendous amount of people to the area from all over the USA. Same phone scenario also with theirs being turned off.
I saw a law enforcement expert interviewed about that last night, she did not think the cases were connected due to the timeline and the distance between them. The couple disappeared 110 miles from where the girl disappeared, and she said the perp would have had to hide the girl's car then quickly get another car, drive 110 miles to where the couple was. She thought it highly unlikely, and she also thought it unlikely that the same perp would target a teenage girl and then a man and woman couple. Sounds like coincidence, but I guess you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events