Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2023, 11:11 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Yes. But, the guy's grieving. That does some things to your mind and often makes you act in ways you normally wouldn't. I personally would give him an exception. For a person who's had the world ripped out from under him, I would give him space to be an a--hole. It's okay. He doesn't deserve to be in the place where he is. He's hurting, in a state of shock, grief, etc. It's not a normal place to be in and you just don't act the way you normally would.
I think LEO, especially detectives expect and understand this to some extent.

If you follow shows like Dateline and 20/20 you frequently hear detectives express how anguishing it is to them to have information they cannot share with families they know are craving the information and or resolution of their child's murder. They often get close to these families and these type cases take a toll on them as well. Almost as if they are surrogate parents in a sense.

I did see one father say something to the effect he knew they(meaning the families) had been hard on LEO but he appreciated they were working long hard hours to bring BK to justice during the holidays when they would prefer to be with their own families. Not sure which one he was, but hopefully the families and LEO will make peace.

Families do have a role to play in keeping pressure on LEO and I think most in LEO recognize and accept that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2023, 11:13 AM

50,834 posts, read 36,551,301 times
[quote=springfieldva;64694423]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

She did not know what to make of what she was seeing and hearing. She had been partying and her mind was fuzzy anyway, and in the shock of seeing someone potentially threatening walking towards her and then right past her, her flight/fight response kicked in - she froze. Like a deer in the headlights.

She was at once terrified of what she had seen, yet, really unsure of what it all meant and too afraid and intoxicated to do anything about it. The stranger had left, she was o.k. and the house was quiet. So she locked her bedroom door, laid down in her bed and fell asleep. She'd figure it out in the morning.
My point was, it was NOT normal in that house to have strangers dressed in black with mask coming and going on their own, as some posters stated.

I love how we are now not even giving an opinion that she was wasted, but simply stating it as fact now?

Old 01-06-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I am guessing this was a house with a lot of guests, and that she was probably drunk, stoned or both. Her instincts probably made her shut and lock the door but she probably didn't think too much of it when she confronted the masked man.

A few things come to my mind:
  • If it really did happen that she locked the door quickly enough, it wouldn't make sense for him to start breaking down the door.
  • He probably was concerned someone called 911 and wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible
  • He's sicko, but sickos also have things going on in his brain. Who knows what?
  • I'm not an expert, but slaughtering 4 people probably takes a lot of energy. He might have been hurt.
My bet is a combination of all of the above as the reason why he left without touching her.
They didn't have any guests that night, all of them went out, and were apparently back by 1-2ish. So I don't see how they'd still be drunk 2.5 hours later.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingPongBall59 View Post
It sounds as though he killed the four victims by surprise while they were sleeping. If he tries to kick down a door then that creates a commotion and maybe the gal starts screaming. He doesn't know exactly how many people are in the house so if he raises a commotion then somebody else might confront him, and that person may have a baseball bat, firearm, whatever . . .

And, as you point out, he doesn't know if the gal who spotted him is dialing 911.
But it's been pointed out that Xana was texting 15 minutes before the murders, and the surviving roommate DM said she heard Kaylee say "someone is in here" and a little later, Xana crying and a man saying "it's okay, I'm going to help you".

Old 01-06-2023, 11:28 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
[quote=ocnjgirl;64695598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

My point was, it was NOT normal in that house to have strangers dressed in black with mask coming and going on their own, as some posters stated.

I love how we are now not even giving an opinion that she was wasted, but simply stating it as fact now?
Take intoxication out of the scenario posted by springfieldva and everything else could still be true.

Fear/terror can make you faint/pass out. It can also paralyze you rendering you unable to do anything or decide what to do.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:38 AM

29,524 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Interesting how the fact that the surviving roommate(s) were not asleep during the murders as originally thought, changes the dynamics of the discussion.

A few posters on this thread many pages back mentioned possibility that the surviving roommates were somehow involved in the murders. They were mocked by a select few individuals for it.

Yet, with these latest revelations, it does make you wonder. I'm certainly not saying the surviving roommates were involved at all in the murders, but at least it does open up the discussion in other directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCRg3lSIoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzrdQmwfu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKzeqT8D8kY

Old 01-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Why is it strange for a father to fly out and share a drive with his son across country? That sounds awesome to me and great bonding time they would never forget. I don't find that odd at all.

I don't know where this will go. I hope they have more than what is being reported or we still might not have the POS that did this.
What's being reported is the DNA on the knife sheath found in the girl's room bears a "primary" (meaning, father/son relationship) with Bryan Kohberger's father.

And Kohberger's phone was in the neighborhood at the time of the murders, and again at 9:30 the next morning.

If those two statements are true, I don't need more. It would be good to have the murderer's DNA himself, and not his dad's but I'm sure that's in the works.

And lord those are bushy eyebrows.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:45 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,764,676 times
There was someone on one of the NewsNation programs last night who said that in her opinion, DM had never had to process trauma before and therefore hadn't yet developed a "fight-or-flight" response.

I'm wondering if her decision not to call 911 had something to do with the DoorDash delivery. She probably looked at her phone after locking herself in her room and saw that Xana had gotten DoorDash. Maybe she told herself that the masked guy was DD. Who knows. If there's a trial, we'll likely find this stuff out.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:47 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,764,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

A few posters on this thread many pages back mentioned possibility that the surviving roommates were somehow involved in the murders. They were mocked by a select few individuals for it.
]
What we (and I'll freely admit to be in one of those "select individuals") were mocking was actually the nearly nonstop commentary about how DM did this herself with motivations such as the others were all having sex and she was jealous. And then she buried the knife in the backyard.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure LE has ruled out either of the roommates as being somehow complicit in the murders. Nothing in any of the videos you posted (that everyone here has already seen) indicates any involvement on the part of either of the roommates. Edit; but like I said earlier, there will be no shortage of speculation on the internet that the roommates were part of some conspiracy. I'm going to mock that **** too.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 01-06-2023 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
There was someone on one of the NewsNation programs last night who said that in her opinion, DM had never had to process trauma before and therefore hadn't yet developed a "fight-or-flight" response.

I'm wondering if her decision not to call 911 had something to do with the DoorDash delivery. She probably looked at her phone after locking herself in her room and saw that Xana had gotten DoorDash. Maybe she told herself that the masked guy was DD. Who knows. If there's a trial, we'll likely find this stuff out.
They've now added a new F - it's now Fight, Flight or Freeze.

She froze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events