Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2022, 03:47 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They aren't in charge of the investigation though. Someone certainly dropped the ball in getting the vape store video. Why are they waiting almost a month to get video from area stores? So FBI or not, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence.
They stopped at my business within the first few days and asked if we had video to share...

I can guarantee that if the ISP or FBI suggests something-its getting done. Chief Fry is a by the book and thorough kinda guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 03:47 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
It's unfortunate you see something wrong with their relationship.

Here is the clue. Hetrosexual females do not push their breasts and groins against each other when posing for pictures. Lesbians do that. That is not something a narmal hetrosexual female would be comfortable with. Hetrosexual female friends do hold hands, they do put their arms around each other, they do hug each other, they do not press their bodies against each other. It's that simple. Anytime you see females doing that, it means they are more than friends.
I don't see anything wrong with any hetero or homsexual relationship. But I do have a problem with people saying things that I don't think are true, about people no longer here to speak for themselves. There is NOTHING unusual about that photo. Very good female friends DO pose like that. They were obviously just trying to make a fun, sexy photo. The fact that you read sex into it is unfair and IMO just tells me you don;t know much about female friendship.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:51 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
They were asking for any surveillance videos that people had from very early on. I can't imagine why the stores and people with Ring videos didn't hand those videos right over to the cops from the very beginning. But maybe retail store managers had to get corporate approval to do so and they didn't want the hassle of going through the red tape. I don't know how that works.

I don't know if the cops can go to a store and ask to see the surveillance footage without having a search warrant or some other legal document.

Sometimes what looks easy and common sense is more complicated than it appears.
They can ask to see anything they want without a search warrant. The person being asked is under no obligation to provide it without a search warrant.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:52 PM

2,199 posts, read 3,357,900 times
The City of Moscow Police Department gave an update this morning on their website and they go into detail on how they requested video from different locations on the day of the crime (describing it as standard procedures) that expanded outward as they got more investigators to the area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1N1WPUZD0M

Their PD give updates nearly every day.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with any hetero or homsexual relationship. But I do have a problem with people saying things that I don't think are true, about people no longer here to speak for themselves. There is NOTHING unusual about that photo. Very good female friends DO pose like that. They were obviously just trying to make a fun, sexy photo. The fact that you read sex into it is unfair and IMO just tells me you don;t know much about female friendship.
Exactly; they don't look any different from my nieces and their friends.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:13 PM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
I agree. Back when I was in college we didn't take pictures like that but back then you had to pay to have pictures developed so we didn't tend to take that many pictures anyway and we sure as heck didn't have Facebook or Instagram to glam it up for.

These days you just snap a pic with a cellphone and you can instantly post it on social media. I've noticed that these glam pictures that the girls put on their social media pages are often sexy, flirty and a bit suggestive. It's more to say "I'm a hottie and my friends are hotties, too!".

All of the girls had steady boyfriends, even though Kaylee had broken up with her boyfriend recently. I think they were just really great friends, knew that they were both good looking and they enjoyed being beautiful, young and carefree. I don't think that they were into each other "that way" or they would have dressed up when they went out with each other the night of the food truck and they would have been acting like lovers towards each other, not giggly girlfriends. Heck, they were even texting Kaylee's ex boyfriend that night which is totally something that girl besties would do.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:19 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
The City of Moscow Police Department gave an update this morning on their website and they go into detail on how they requested video from different locations on the day of the crime (describing it as standard procedures) that expanded outward as they got more investigators to the area.

Yeah, I'm sure there is a lot of people in Moscow Idaho who haven't heard of this case and don't know the police are looking for a white car. That's the type of thing that even if someone doesn't pay any attention to news, they will hear other people talking about it. Continuing to request information on that white car is just a time wasting maneuver. It just means they have nothing else to investigate. Everybody knows they are looking for a white car.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post

I feel for the guy giving the update. He seems like a good guy who has done everything that he knows how to do to get this case solved.

I hate to see the local police department being second guessed and criticized the way that they have been. From what I can tell they have handled this horrific situation about as right as it could be handled.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
They were able to go to some stores like the gas station and convenience store and ask for the video. But this particular store told them the video was automatically erased after a week and they didn't have it any more.
Can you think of any reason a vape store might not want to offer up surveillance video from their store?

I'm not saying that this was anything more than an oversight on the part of this particular vape store, but I can also see how some vape shops might be worried that some of their clerks might be a little lax about asking for IDs and that some of their customers might not be of legal age. They sure as heck don't want to turn over proof of that over to the cops....so ....they allow the tape to get recorded over.

Old 12-15-2022, 05:04 PM

2,199 posts, read 3,357,900 times
Interesting article on the trouble they've hade obtaining surveillance videos. To note - not a lot of surveillance cameras in use in that town and one company is requiring a subpoena to share their video. https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mur...-investigation

Another article indicates 50 search warrants have been issued. So....they are working on this case, step by step. Quite a task. https://www.newsweek.com/idaho-murde...gation-1766615
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events