Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2022, 03:09 PM

513 posts, read 469,805 times

Advertisements

It seems after all this long time ,the detectives have not found any evidence in that house or on the victims bodies. All they are looking for is a white car that was a mile and half away that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 03:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
It seems after all this long time ,the detectives have not found any evidence in that house or on the victims bodies. All they are looking for is a white car that was a mile and half away that night.
I don't think we know that they've "found no evidence." There's likely plenty of evidence that they aren't releasing to the public. Can't really blame them.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:26 PM

50,707 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think we know that they've "found no evidence." There's likely plenty of evidence that they aren't releasing to the public. Can't really blame them.
I hope so, but I really don't' trust their competence so far. Like waiting too long to get all the video they needed from nearby stores, so that it was already erased by the time they asked for it. And I wonder if they knew to examine all the area WiFi networks including the one in the house, to see what phones connected to it during that night. I just don't know that this very inexperienced force (when it comes to murder) is up to the task. It's been over a month now, it seems to me if they had anything at all, there'd be an arrest by now.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:27 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I hope so, but I really don't' trust their competence so far. Like waiting too long to get all the video they needed from nearby stores, so that it was already erased by the time they asked for it. And I wonder if they knew to examine all the area WiFi networks including the one in the house, to see what phones connected to it during that night. I just don't know that this very inexperienced force (when it comes to murder) is up to the task. It's been over a month now, it seems to me if they had anything at all, there'd be an arrest by now.
The State Patrol and FBI don't seem to fit the description of "inexperienced."

Old 12-15-2022, 03:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Definitely not something that their department is used to handling. Hopefully, the FBI has been able to bring expertise and experience to the case. I think they were involved nearly from the start.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:39 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
I disagree with you completely. The way they are together in photos is not unusual at all for friends as close as these girls were. This whole thing makes me mad, it's bad enough the parents lost their kids but they have to put up with nonsense such as this, people calling their kids bi because they are close friends, accusing them of being druggies, etc.
It's unfortunate you see something wrong with their relationship.

Here is the clue. Hetrosexual females do not push their breasts and groins against each other when posing for pictures. Lesbians do that. That is not something a narmal hetrosexual female would be comfortable with. Hetrosexual female friends do hold hands, they do put their arms around each other, they do hug each other, they do not press their bodies against each other. It's that simple. Anytime you see females doing that, it means they are more than friends.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:41 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
They were asking for any surveillance videos that people had from very early on. I can't imagine why the stores and people with Ring videos didn't hand those videos right over to the cops from the very beginning. But maybe retail store managers had to get corporate approval to do so and they didn't want the hassle of going through the red tape. I don't know how that works.

I don't know if the cops can go to a store and ask to see the surveillance footage without having a search warrant or some other legal document.

Sometimes what looks easy and common sense is more complicated than it appears.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
The State Patrol and FBI don't seem to fit the description of "inexperienced."
They aren't in charge of the investigation though. Someone certainly dropped the ball in getting the vape store video. Why are they waiting almost a month to get video from area stores? So FBI or not, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
They were asking for any surveillance videos that people had from very early on. I can't imagine why the stores and people with Ring videos didn't hand those videos right over to the cops from the very beginning. But maybe retail store managers had to get corporate approval to do so and they didn't want the hassle of going through the red tape. I don't know how that works.

I don't know if the cops can go to a store and ask to see the surveillance footage without having a search warrant or some other legal document.

Sometimes what looks easy and common sense are more complicated than they appear.
They were able to go to some stores like the gas station and convenience store and ask for the video. But this particular store told them the video was automatically erased after a week and they didn't have it any more.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:46 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
Yes, the white car just shows their absolute desperation. As I previously pointed out there are about 630,000 of those cars on the roads. Without the license plate number, finding that car is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events