Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 04:50 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I posted this link yesterday morning. I can't imagine why cops have been so quick to dismiss a link. IMHO, this is the best clue they have, although this case remains unsolved also. It's not right in the area, but 200 miles away in Oregon.

MO is EXACTLY the same.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/25/mom-of...idaho-murders/
Because it's not really that remarkable. There are only 31 days in the month. So all crimes could be divided into 31 groups by the day of month. If you just took homicides, there are about 800 people killed on each day of the month in just one year. If you divided the murders up that way you could no doubt find all kinds of similar murders in each group of 800. But chances are the similarities would be nothing more than coincidence.

Now if the Idaho murders had happened on Friday the 13th just like the Oregon murder, that would be much more interesting, but still not beyond the realm of coincidence. If both murders happen on Friday the 13th in the same city, that would probably be worth investigating. But two different murders occurring on the same day of the month, in two different years, in two different states is just not unusual enough to even waste investigators time on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 05:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Because it's not really that remarkable. There are only 31 days in the month. So all crimes could be divided into 31 groups by the day of month. If you just took homicides, there are about 800 people killed on each day of the month in just one year. If you divided the murders up that way you could no doubt find all kinds of similar murders in each group of 800. But chances are the similarities would be nothing more than coincidence.

Now if the Idaho murders had happened on Friday the 13th just like the Oregon murder, that would be much more interesting, but still not beyond the realm of coincidence. If both murders happen on Friday the 13th in the same city, that would probably be worth investigating. But two different murders occurring on the same day of the month, in two different years, in two different states is just not unusual enough to even waste investigators time on.
This MO is bizarre - and the other one was identically bizarre. Someone breaks into a home in the we hours, and stabs some of the people in the home to death with a big knife.

With no real idea who that might be, after the investigations.

I'm a crime buff, and follow crime a lot, and this is weird. In both cases, weird.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:54 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That’s the couple, they went out to a frat party and the two girls went to the sports bar. But I read the surviving roommates didn’t go out.

The 2 girls (Kaylee and Maddie) went to a bar and the taco truck. The couple (Ethan and Xana) went to a fraternity party. All 4 are said to have returned around 1:45am.

The 2 surviving roommates also went out that night and returned around 1:00am.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:01 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,930,351 times
Quote:
This MO is bizarre - and the other one was identically bizarre. Someone breaks into a home in the we hours, and stabs some of the people in the home to death with a big knife.

With no real idea who that might be, after the investigations.

I'm a crime buff, and follow crime a lot, and this is weird. In both cases, weird.
Right. It may be connected, it may not be. You can't rule out serial killers that travel across states; that one guy from Alaska used a rental car to travel to I don't know how many states to commit his crimes; I want to say he's only been linked definitely to two murders but likely committed many more.

With what I've been reading we can only hope they have the murderer's DNA; if they do have it that should increase the chances of finding him.

Last edited by Basiliximab; 11-26-2022 at 06:25 PM..

Old 11-26-2022, 07:20 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,674,035 times
There's a rumor going around on a Reddit thread about this case that there was video evidence from a Ring doorbell and that the individual seen on that video was identified by some frat brothers.

Anyhow, the former FBI agent in the second video shares my same opinion. The reporter asks, how can there be this much evidence from a crime scene and no suspects identified in two weeks. To which the former agent says that it could very well be a situation where they do in fact have a suspect identified, but just sorting through the evidence to ensure they have all bases covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYunZPh-bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xee8RfT8BJ4

Old 11-26-2022, 07:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
If they've known, this whole time, who did it, they were REALLY REMISS in addressing the community about this.

As it is, the university is going to distance learning because LE has indicated they have no idea who committed this crime.

Hopefully they've solved this and that would be GREAT news.

Old 11-26-2022, 07:49 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,249,758 times
Default Another thought

Could be a woman.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:05 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,102,528 times
Quote:
If they've known, this whole time, who did it, they were REALLY REMISS in addressing the community about this.

As it is, the university is going to distance learning because LE has indicated they have no idea who committed this crime.

Hopefully they've solved this and that would be GREAT news.
Quite likely the perp is very far from Moscow, ID. Whether serial killer, or one off. You'll be found out if hanging out in a small town that's on edge.

Any small college town USA may be the next target (if serial) . Likely 2+ yrs out.

I would expect the perp might have stalked and acted on one victim. And others were collateral damage. Whoever.... It was a bold move, and if cops continue to be fooled, perp will strike again. It's very easy to consider how this happened, and could happen again.

Be careful, diligent, watchful... But not scared.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There's a rumor going around on a Reddit thread about this case that there was video evidence from a Ring doorbell and that the individual seen on that video was identified by some frat brothers.

Anyhow, the former FBI agent in the second video shares my same opinion. The reporter asks, how can there be this much evidence from a crime scene and no suspects identified in two weeks. To which the former agent says that it could very well be a situation where they do in fact have a suspect identified, but just sorting through the evidence to ensure they have all bases covered.
This is my opinion as well.

Old 11-26-2022, 08:43 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
It's one thing to have a suspect or POI in mind, it's another thing entirely to be able to prove that person is the right suspect. That can only be done with corroborating evidence, and that means forensic tests have been completed, and the other investigatory things have been completed. There's a lot to test, and it takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events