Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 04:03 PM

5,457 posts, read 8,173,150 times

Advertisements

I think Jack the Ripper's great-great-great-grandson did it. His name is Phil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 04:56 PM

29,510 posts, read 22,630,868 times
The whole thing to me seems so shady and stinks to high heaven.

I get it that the police have no obligation to release any information, but all they have done so far is confused many with what they have revealed to the public.

Initially the cops said this was a targeted attack and the public was in no danger. They later changed their tune but I believe the initial assessment is correct in that this was a targeted attack.

Cops say there are no suspects so far and that key people involved in this incident are no longer considered suspects (the two roommates, the ex-boyfriend, the guy seen at the food truck, the person that drive them back home). It's already been 10 days, no suspects yet, but if that's the case why have they not been more pro-active in warning the general public about a possible serial/mass killer still on the loose? I've thought about this myself and it's also been mentioned on this thread, but why has there been no offer of a reward for information in this case? I have not seen anything about a reward from either the families, law enforcement, or any other entity including the school. Does this not strike anyone else as being strange?

Why have the cops been so mum about the behavior of the roommates which I find particularly odd. Again, I'm not referring to them possibly sleeping through the attack, that's a non-issue to me. I'm talking about why the roommate(s) first impulse was to call friends over and only call 9-1-1 later on around noon. And the weird way they describe one victim as being passed out. The scene had so much blood it started dripping through to the outside wall of the building and this is their reaction? Even when you consider people have different reactions to stress, I'm not buying that. Yeah I get it they have supposedly been ruled out as suspects but that doesn't mean anything to me at this point.

And you can't blame the Moscow cops for incompetence or the like as the FBI had already joined in the investigation days ago.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:01 PM

8,037 posts, read 10,629,469 times
I think it is a sicko that has been following this group via all of their social media postings. I don't think he actually knew any of the kids. I don't think he's been to the house before. I think he has been studying them. Intensely. For a long time. Not sure if the guy in the hoodie at the food truck should have been eliminated from suspicion so quickly. Did he ever actually order anything from the food truck himself?

Something that bothers me: Do the parents/relatives seem awfully calm in the midst of this? I feel like I would be absolutely hysterical if this had happened to any of my children. Inconsolably hysterical. Furious. Is it shock?

That's my take. Either a sicko psycho killer, or something, I don't know what, is being hidden deliberately.

Totally polar opposite theories, I know.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:12 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I get it that the police have no obligation to release any information, but all they have done so far is confused many with what they have revealed to the public.

Initially the cops said this was a targeted attack and the public was in no danger. They later changed their tune but I believe the initial assessment is correct in that this was a targeted attack.

Cops say there are no suspects so far and that key people involved in this incident are no longer considered suspects (the two roommates, the ex-boyfriend, the guy seen at the food truck, the person that drive them back home). It's already been 10 days, no suspects yet, but if that's the case why have they not been more pro-active in warning the general public about a possible serial/mass killer still on the loose? I've thought about this myself and it's also been mentioned on this thread, but why has there been no offer of a reward for information in this case? I have not seen anything about a reward from either the families, law enforcement, or any other entity including the school. Does this not strike anyone else as being strange?

Why have the cops been so mum about the behavior of the roommates which I find particularly odd. Again, I'm not referring to them possibly sleeping through the attack, that's a non-issue to me. I'm talking about why the roommate(s) first impulse was to call friends over and only call 9-1-1 later on around noon. And the weird way they describe one victim as being passed out. The scene had so much blood it started dripping through to the outside wall of the building and this is their reaction? Even when you consider people have different reactions to stress, I'm not buying that. Yeah I get it they have supposedly been ruled out as suspects but that doesn't mean anything to me at this point.

And you can't blame the Moscow cops for incompetence or the like as the FBI had already joined in the investigation days ago.
Maybe the parents can't afford to put up reward money. The mother of one of the victims doesn't come across as a well-to-do upstanding citizen. Who knows about the rest of the parents?

And since when do universities have a budget category for reward money in criminal cases? Does law enforcement fund reward money in high-profile cases?

Old 11-25-2022, 05:17 PM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

The police can't release the details of the 911 call so we don't know if the roommates even saw the victim upstairs. They could have seen blood on the carpet and maybe there were other things that scared them so they ran down to their room and told their friends to come over ASAP. They needed someone there with them to figure out what had happened upstairs. Once the friends arrived, someone braver went upstairs, saw a body but didn't get too close. That is when the 911 call was placed.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:30 PM

29,510 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe the parents can't afford to put up reward money. The mother of one of the victims doesn't come across as a well-to-do upstanding citizen. Who knows about the rest of the parents?

And since when do universities have a budget category for reward money in criminal cases? Does law enforcement fund reward money in high-profile cases?
These days, even if one doesn't have money, they can easily create a crowd funding campaign to raise any necessary funds to help solve a case. These family members could have created a GoFundMe account and I am more than positive many people would have donated money to their campaign.

Many cities/states in this country have crime stoppers organizations that work with police departments to offer anonymous tipsters money for information. Nine years ago, the mayor of Los Angeles and the LAPD police chief offered a combined $1 million reward for any information leading to arrest/conviction of Christopher Dorner.

13 years ago, Yale University offered $10K in reward money for any information in regards to the Annie Le (RIP) case. So the concept of reward money is nothing new or unique in high profile cases like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The police can't release the details of the 911 call so we don't know if the roommates even saw the victim upstairs. They could have seen blood on the carpet and maybe there were other things that scared them so they ran down to their room and told their friends to come over ASAP. They needed someone there with them to figure out what had happened upstairs. Once the friends arrived, someone braver went upstairs, saw a body but didn't get too close. That is when the 911 call was placed.
I don't know why they can't release more information in regards to the call and the circumstances surrounding the roommates actions. They don't have to release the actual 9-1-1 calls but they certainly could do more to alleviate the concerns of the public. As it stands now, many university students have left the school out of fear due to the misinformation and lack of clear information coming out of the police department.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
"Releasing the information" about the calls isn't going to do a damned thing to alleviate the fears of the students and their parents.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
I actually find it refreshing there are no "Go Fund Me's" associated with this case. With something like this, I also question how effective "reward money" would actually be.

Old 11-25-2022, 06:03 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I think it is a sicko that has been following this group via all of their social media postings. I don't think he actually knew any of the kids. I don't think he's been to the house before. I think he has been studying them. Intensely. For a long time. Not sure if the guy in the hoodie at the food truck should have been eliminated from suspicion so quickly. Did he ever actually order anything from the food truck himself?

Something that bothers me: Do the parents/relatives seem awfully calm in the midst of this? I feel like I would be absolutely hysterical if this had happened to any of my children. Inconsolably hysterical. Furious. Is it shock?

That's my take. Either a sicko psycho killer, or something, I don't know what, is being hidden deliberately.

Totally polar opposite theories, I know.
Not all of them. At least one of the mothers and sister of one of the victims has been very outspoken (mainly about the police needing to have more urgency) and did their own investigative work to obtain the footage of the food truck video. So at least some of the victims’ family doesn’t seem calm. Not sure about the others.

Old 11-25-2022, 06:29 PM

18,051 posts, read 15,649,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I actually find it refreshing there are no "Go Fund Me's" associated with this case. With something like this, I also question how effective "reward money" would actually be.
GFM's have been setup for the families of each of the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events