Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2022, 08:21 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Police have no suspects, and have no persons of interest. There goes that idea as to why they dismissed the Oregon case so quickly.

This guy being interviewed says the perp is likely "out of their immediate social circle", so, an acquaintance but not someone closely involved.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6316219765112
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 08:38 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Just imagine how many people are convicted today because of digital data. 50 years ago someone could rob a bank, and unless they were dumb enough to leave their fingerprints behind, the only evidence to identify them was witness identifications. Today high definition pictures of their faces will be on the nightly news, and police will just wait for someone to recognize them and call Crime Stoppers. The police don't even investigate any more. They just wait for the public to do their work for them. Well that doesn't work with a case like this, because there isn't much if any digital data of the crime.
You’re right but the police aren’t sitting around waiting for people to call into Crime Stoppers on this one. It sounds like an active investigation that may have been screwed up by inexperience and kids messing up the crime scene. I hope the case is solved, and I do suspect the police have a lot of evidence to work with but they just aren’t telling us.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
That is not a bad theory, but how do you come to the conclusion that he probably knew the killer? The results would have been different if he didn't know the killer?
I think the results may have been different if the killer didn’t know Ethan and Xana because he may have been more likely to leave the scene quickly and not go to kill Xana. But if everyone knew this guy and the guy knew Xana would be in the room then he’d go there. Of course it’s always possible that he’d check the room even if a stranger, but it was just my theory of why the couple were killed when they probably were not the target.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:54 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Police have no suspects, and have no persons of interest. There goes that idea as to why they dismissed the Oregon case so quickly.

This guy being interviewed says the perp is likely "out of their immediate social circle", so, an acquaintance but not someone closely involved.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6316219765112
Well he reiterated something that I said that if it was a serial killer he would have killed the other two people in the house. He had plenty of time to do it.

Where he lost me is that it would have had to been someone who knew the inside of the home, or knew their routine, but was not in the social circle. Who would know any of that if they weren't in their social circle?

More important why would the killer even need to know that? Houses are all pretty much the same. bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms and bathrooms. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the layout of a home or inside information.

This had to have been a random attack by a stranger.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Well he reiterated something that I said that if it was a serial killer he would have killed the other two people in the house. He had plenty of time to do it.

Where he lost me is that it would have had to been someone who knew the inside of the home, or knew their routine, but was not in the social circle. Who would know any of that if they weren't in their social circle?

More important why would the killer even need to know that? Houses are all pretty much the same. bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms and bathrooms. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the layout of a home or inside information.

This had to have been a random attack by a stranger.
It could have been and the perp didn’t want to go to the basement first floor to kill the other roommates either because he was unaware there was another level with bedrooms or he didn’t want to get trapped down there with no escape route if things went south. And if the two upstairs groups arrived at the same time and the other two were already home and in their beds, then a stranger following the girls home wouldn’t have seen them but would have known about the couple and the two other girls. Very possible.

If we knew the order of when the victims were killed it would tell a lot. The police know that information but we do not. They know something that tells them this was a targeted attack, and they probably get that from the order of the killings and perhaps the severity of the attack on one or more of the victims being different than on the other victims.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:07 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You’re right but the police aren’t sitting around waiting for people to call into Crime Stoppers on this one. It sounds like an active investigation that may have been screwed up by inexperience and kids messing up the crime scene. I hope the case is solved, and I do suspect the police have a lot of evidence to work with but they just aren’t telling us.
To a limited degree, yes they are investigating it, but mostly I think the investigators are just sitting at their computers following up on leads.

Unfortunately I think the prospects for them solving this case is getting pretty low. If it's going to happen, it had better happen really quick.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:15 AM

17,380 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I would be very surprised if the surviving roommates and the friends who came over went into the bedrooms of the deceased roommates or even touched a body that may or may not have been lying in a hallway.

When bloody crimes like this happen and are discovered, the people who walk into those horrible scenes are immediately aware that something very bad happened and the instinct is to get away from the horror. The surviving roommates probably called friends first because their friends lived very close by and could be there almost instantly.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:16 AM

124 posts, read 99,007 times
Quick solution?

Nay
Killer(s) looks largely efficient
Take-down
Keep the speculation coming...entertaining, but time wasting

Old 11-27-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
To a limited degree, yes they are investigating it, but mostly I think the investigators are just sitting at their computers following up on leads.

Unfortunately I think the prospects for them solving this case is getting pretty low. If it's going to happen, it had better happen really quick.
I really hope it happens quick for the sake of the town. If I lived in a small town like Moscow my feeling of safety would be shattered by this event. I live in a large city so if there was some possible serial killer or random attack I probably wouldn’t link it to my own safety. this has to be terrifying thinking there is possibly a killer nearby who you may even know on a personal level.

I read that the house was a very sought after house for college students there. Now I think they’ll probably have to tear it down because no one will want to live in it. It is useless as an income property.

Old 11-27-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I would be very surprised if the surviving roommates and the friends who came over went into the bedrooms of the deceased roommates or even touched a body that may or may not have been lying in a hallway.

When bloody crimes like this happen and are discovered, the people who walk into those horrible scenes are immediately aware that something very bad happened and the instinct is to get away from the horror. The surviving roommates probably called friends first because their friends lived very close by and could be there almost instantly.
I was thinking if a bunch of kids came over after the murders they left fingerprints and footprints all over the place that now have to be separated from possible evidence. Even police in a town where murders are so very rare would muddy up the crime scene at first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events