Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 12:36 PM

524 posts, read 152,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The one aspect I don't think is shady, even though others seem to, is the fact that the roommates did not make the 911 call until noon the next day.

I remember my early twenties pretty clearly, and after a night of partying and getting home late, it would be rare to wake up BEFORE noon or so.
And still a rogue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 02:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Idaho crime lab is putting the evidence from this case on the fast track, as a high priority.

Also, James Fitzgerald, retired FBI crime profiler, says the killer has a "violent ideation" about him. Well, yes, I think you can say that without fear of contradiction, Mr. Fitzgerald.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-sta...al-murder-case

Old 11-26-2022, 02:38 PM

513 posts, read 470,637 times
“We told the public very clearly from the beginning that we believe it was a targeted attack,” Moscow Capt. Roger Lanier said. “

https://dnews.com/local/big-pieces-m...b00ed84e3.html

It had to be Ethan or Xana the first ones that were killed.

Last edited by docyabut; 11-26-2022 at 02:51 PM..

Old 11-26-2022, 02:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Detectives returned to the home on Thursday to collect other evidence, and met with the prosecutor. The house had stood empty for days before they revisited it, taking out several small evidence bags.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mur...ed-their-sleep

Old 11-26-2022, 02:44 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The mayor didn't say anything about aliens. But he did mention that a burglary gone wrong was a possibility. Just because some of you don't like that theory doesn't make it less valid. I can see that Occam's razor is a difficult concept for some here.

Nothing was missing, their purses, money etc were not touched. No room was ransacked. And I state again, the average robber is not going to murder 4 people. And why target a bunch of kids who don't even have jobs yet? The house would have been empty in a few more days, they could have gone in and taken computers, TVs etc. then.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This is just a rumor I saw on reddit, but some mention of it was made earlier on in the investigation by LE as well.

One of the students, probably Ethan, was lying in the hallway.

The hallway would have been dark. Maybe they just saw him lying there, and when he didn't move when they called out his name, they freaked and called someone.

There's also a rumor that the person they called was Ethan's brother. Yeah, I know, rumors, but sometimes there's truth in them.

I can see it happening this way, especially with people of that age.

I would think he'd have been noticed before noon. The roommates didn't go out that night, so they wouldn't have been sleeping till afternoon.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe the parents can't afford to put up reward money. The mother of one of the victims doesn't come across as a well-to-do upstanding citizen. Who knows about the rest of the parents?

And since when do universities have a budget category for reward money in criminal cases? Does law enforcement fund reward money in high-profile cases?

The University has a lot of interest in catching this person, more than most. No one wants to go to their school, parents don't want to send kids back. I am sure they could raise money no problem.

They are already getting so many tips they can't address them all. Do you really think someone out there knows something but won't tell unless there's a reward?

Old 11-26-2022, 03:00 PM

513 posts, read 470,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I would think he'd have been noticed before noon. The roommates didn't go out that night, so they wouldn't have been sleeping till afternoon.

the police don`t give out that 911 call

Old 11-26-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post

the police don`t give out that 911 call
I'm saying they were probably up by 9 or 10, and would have seen a body in the hallway had there been one there. It wouldn't have taken until noon. Frankly I don't think they'd have even stayed in the house to wait for police if there was a dead bloody body in the hall.

Old 11-26-2022, 03:12 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,479,051 times
I wonder what kind of evidence from the crime lab law enforcement is looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events