Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2022, 02:27 AM

513 posts, read 471,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
Really? It's not totally off to suspect the girls on first floor - especially with their response being somewhat abnormal to the situation. Why would you call anyone other than the police immediately upon finding Ethan?
I mean it had to be obvious he was more than just passed out or unresponsive.

I agree ,I think that killer could be was one of those girls that was setting up this crime, by calling all the friends over to blame them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2022, 04:54 AM

513 posts, read 471,453 times
A question, why did the police say there was no break in ? and why did a neighbor said he saw the front door was wide open at 8`oclock in the morning.? to me it was a set up by that girl.

Old 12-17-2022, 07:19 AM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
A question, why did the police say there was no break in ? and why did a neighbor said he saw the front door was wide open at 8`oclock in the morning.? to me it was a set up by that girl.
I think it’s not considered a break-in because there was no indication that doors or windows were pried open or broken.
And the door wide open story was reported by the Daily Mail, but the witness who supposedly saw that apparently never reported it to the police, so I take it with a large grain of salt.

Old 12-17-2022, 10:11 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Really? It's not totally off to suspect the girls on first floor - especially with their response being somewhat abnormal to the situation. Why would you call anyone other than the police immediately upon finding Ethan?
My comment was based on the repeated attempts to sexualize the murders rather than the far-flung possibility that the downstairs tenants were responsible for them.

We have nothing but second-hand information about the 911 call. But just so you know, 911 staffers don't use words like dead. They use words like unresponsive. We also don't know what those girls saw that caused them to call. The initial story was Ethan's body in a dark hallway and when they called out to him and he didn't wake up, they called his brother.

Old 12-17-2022, 10:35 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,068,816 times
Just watched a really dumb guy (don't know his name) on U tube, who walked past the frat houses, wasn't able to pronounce the Greek names at all. He wandered into the Arboretum (he couldn't say that word either) and told us how close the crime scene was to all the houses. His cap said "Media" of course but he walked right by a white elantra parked on the street, saying "here is one but probably not the right one" or something.

Anyone can now make videos and proceed to tell the public all about the crime. This is becoming a joke unless LE starts telling the public what is really going on in this case.

Old 12-17-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Just watched a really dumb guy (don't know his name) on U tube, who walked past the frat houses, wasn't able to pronounce the Greek names at all. He wandered into the Arboretum (he couldn't say that word either) and told us how close the crime scene was to all the houses. His cap said "Media" of course but he walked right by a white elantra parked on the street, saying "here is one but probably not the right one" or something.

Anyone can now make videos and proceed to tell the public all about the crime. This is becoming a joke unless LE starts telling the public what is really going on in this case.

The YouTube crowd are just grifters trying to capitalize on the public's interest, and they sensationalize their "vlogs" as much as possible.

LE isn't going to compromise the investigation by telling the public the details.

What would help would be if the public knew the difference between legit news sources and YouTube scammers, but here we are. Edit: not talking about you not knowing the difference; you clearly do.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-17-2022 at 11:05 AM..

Old 12-17-2022, 04:25 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:

We don't know that they saw Ethan or any of the bodies. I think other scenarios are more likely, namely that one girl saw the bodies upstairs, ran down, and fainted from shock, and that's the unconscious person they called about. Or they didn't see the bodies at all if the doors were locked, and were simply unable to get an answer from any of the rooms even though the cars were there. So they started calling friends, and eventually police.

We haven't had any type of confirmation that Ethan was killed outside the room.

I do think it's very far fetched that it was either of the girls on first floor. First of all, why would the other one cover for her? Second, you don't get to 20 and be that popular and successful socially when you're really secretly a psychopath or sociopath, and not have those dark traits noticed. There is not one thing to indicate either of those girls had any kind of serious psychological problems.

Frankly I don't think a girl of that size could have killed all 4 anyway.

Old 12-17-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
We don't know that they saw Ethan or any of the bodies. I think other scenarios are more likely, namely that one girl saw the bodies upstairs, ran down, and fainted from shock, and that's the unconscious person they called about. Or they didn't see the bodies at all if the doors were locked, and were simply unable to get an answer from any of the rooms even though the cars were there. So they started calling friends, and eventually police.

We haven't had any type of confirmation that Ethan was killed outside the room.

I do think it's very far fetched that it was either of the girls on first floor. First of all, why would the other one cover for her? Second, you don't get to 20 and be that popular and successful socially when you're really secretly a psychopath or sociopath, and not have those dark traits noticed. There is not one thing to indicate either of those girls had any kind of serious psychological problems.

Frankly I don't think a girl of that size could have killed all 4 anyway.
Idk; I think there's something to the Ethan in the hall thing; that particular narrative has shapeshifted once or twice, especially at the beginning. The coroner said that not all of them were in their beds, then walked it back, and then walked it back over again...whatever it was, at least one of those girls saw something.

Old 12-17-2022, 09:50 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Idk; I think there's something to the Ethan in the hall thing; that particular narrative has shapeshifted once or twice, especially at the beginning. The coroner said that not all of them were in their beds, then walked it back, and then walked it back over again...whatever it was, at least one of those girls saw something.
The coroner has said from day one that the kids were attacked when they were sleeping. The coroner later said that not all of the bodies were found in their beds.

I do not find those two statements to be inconsistent. Obviously, they were attacked in bed as they slept and one or more of the victims moved off of the bed(s) during the attacks.

Old 12-17-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The coroner has said from day one that the kids were attacked when they were sleeping. The coroner later said that not all of the bodies were found in their beds.

I do not find those two statements to be inconsistent. Obviously, they were attacked in bed as they slept and one or more of the victims moved off of the bed(s) during the attacks.
This is what I was talking about.

Quote:
While speaking to NewsNation, Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said the four victims of Sunday night's quadruple homicide were found in bed at an off-campus residence near the University of Idaho
https://people.com/crime/university-...-coroner-says/

Quote:
On Thursday, Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt confirmed that the four victim's of Sunday night's quadruple homicide in Moscow, Idaho were stabbed to death, and now, she says they were all found in bed
She's saying something different here:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/univers...-beds-coroner/

Quote:
Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-17-2022 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events