Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM

5,966 posts, read 3,711,573 times

Advertisements

Why do taxpayers have to keep paying for this? I don't care who they have sex with, but I do care that they are sticking me and other taxpayers with the financial responsibility to pay for their decision to have children that they know they can't financially take care of.

We need to change our welfare/child support laws to put a stop to this crap. Let the Baby Mommas go out and get a job to support themselves AND their kids instead of depending on the taxpayers to support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2024, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
If this becomes a trend, I can see it offsetting the decisions of other Americans to go childless.
The only problem is that no one got to vote on whether we wanted to support someone else's kids. If they want kids, then get a job and support them themselves. I'll bet that 90% or more of them have no plans of ever working at a real job.

Old 01-22-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Big whoop. Technically, a sperm bank could do something similar. At least they wouldn't be required to invite or put up with an egotistical donor!
Why blame the guy? I doubt that he held a gun to their head to get sex. It's unlikely that the "donor" will ever have to pay anything. As the old saying goes, "You can't get blood out of a turnip."

Why should the taxpayers have to pay for some young girls to willingly get pregnant and then pay for the kid's care for the next 18 years? You can't convince me that these girls' birth control pills suddenly stopped working ACCIDENTALLY. <eyeroll>

Old 01-22-2024, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
If this becomes a trend, I can see it offsetting the decisions of other Americans to go childless.
Where have you been for the past 40+ years. It has BEEN a trend for decades and is most prevalent in certain neighborhoods. That's not to say that it's exclusive to certain neighborhoods. Just saying it's more common there.

Old 01-22-2024, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
When this type of situation happens, I often wonder how many men that have the means and the willingness to support and be there for their child did these women rejected and instead opted for what turnout to be a deadbeat never present father. lol

Ah well, making bad mistakes has been around since ever, just that some mistakes are worst than others.

There is a small possibility this isn't one of those cases, but...
You don't understand the situation at all. These girls/ young women aren't expecting the Baby Daddy to support them. They're depending on you and me to do that.

Old 01-22-2024, 07:15 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Dude is pro life, just keepin it real. These gold diggers gonna find out he's broke.

Old 01-22-2024, 07:31 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,525,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the article
We will not ruin our babies' lives!
Too late sister. You already have.

Statistics show 1 of the main indicators of a child growing up in poverty is to be raised in single parent household.

Quote:
Seven in 10 children living with a single mother are poor or low income, compared with less than
a third of children living in other types of families.
poor kids

Old 01-22-2024, 07:50 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Why do taxpayers have to keep paying for this? I don't care who they have sex with, but I do care that they are sticking me and other taxpayers with the financial responsibility to pay for their decision to have children that they know they can't financially take care of.

We need to change our welfare/child support laws to put a stop to this crap. Let the Baby Mommas go out and get a job to support themselves AND their kids instead of depending on the taxpayers to support them.
How do you know they'll be on welfare? Cause they're black?

Old 01-22-2024, 07:56 PM

10,059 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Is that because they are in a single parent household or because women that end up as single mothers usually aren't of the very productive type?

There are single mothers that make a good living for themselves and their kids. Take this single mother as an example: https://www.cnbc.com/select/how-sing...rth-to-750000/

Old 01-22-2024, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
How do you know they'll be on welfare? Cause they're black?
Color/race has nothing to do with my opinion. Just the situation described in the OP leads me to believe that the pregnancies were intentional and that they didn't have husbands or Significant Others who would/might help them pay the bills. Therefore, it's highly likely, IMO, that they are counting on taxpayers like me (and others) to support them.

Last edited by Chas863; 01-22-2024 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events