Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 10:56 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times

Advertisements

Edited to say: I saw that the video was a fake.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 02-12-2024 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2024, 11:00 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
How do you know they won't be on welfare? Because they're Black? Do you have the stats on the number or percentage of single BM on welfare to refute that these five women will not be joining the welfare rolls at some point soon after their babies are born?
The whole thing is untrue. Just social media nonsense. Sheesh. Does NO ONE research anything anymore - we just repost crap??

Can someone just close this thread??

Old 02-12-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Or the people who blindly believe the attention-seeking trash on TikTok/YouTube. Edit — that's not really fair of me to say; I don't think most people on here really know how these "vloggers" operate.

Edit: Generating outrage pays better than anything else these kids are qualified to do (though still not enough to support five kids by five baby mommas). This kid has a significant presence on both of these platforms, and each of the young ladies involved appear to be trying to establish themselves as "influencers" as well.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...luencer-Salary
I follow several people on IG and TikTok. Wow, I had no idea that was their pay. Good for them!

But the made up antics aren't good. The ones that I followed, they all started out just videoing simple things which they shared and we followers loved it. But those spontaneous moments they captured eventually ran out and I can tell they're now "creating" and "reenacting" moments and scenes just to video them. They're trying too hard. The videos aren't as good as before, IMO. Also, since TikTok has increased the time allotted for video, the quality of the content has gone down.

Old 02-12-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The whole thing is untrue. Just social media nonsense. Sheesh. Does NO ONE research anything anymore - we just repost crap??

Can someone just close this thread??
Yes, I finally saw the posts stating that it was fake. Then I saw one of the young ladies' video. She said that it wasn't true. It was click-bait for lack of a better word.

Old 02-24-2024, 06:36 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I saw a similar case on an episode of the TV show "Bones".

Old 02-26-2024, 12:22 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Nick Cannon supports every one of his 11 or 12 kids, and he's black. There was NOTHING in the linked story that described this guy's financial situation. Your summation is based on your racism I think.
He says he's not in the government child support system and that he spends $3 million + each year (overall) on his kids (and his estimated net worth is $50 million).

I can't imagine that Mariah asks him for any money. She's worth $350 million + and I'd think she'd care more about having as much control as possible over her kids with him.

Old 02-26-2024, 12:29 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
The child care shortages are not really over and governments drive the price up with excessive regulation in a lot of places. Since the government is making single parenting hard, why should the single parents have to deal with 100% of the fallout? I think maybe a 75% personal responsibility and 25% public benefit would be more fair, given that the government is responsible for reducing child care availability due to regulation.

For one, unless it was rape, they're responsible.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:31 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Why do taxpayers have to keep paying for this? I don't care who they have sex with, but I do care that they are sticking me and other taxpayers with the financial responsibility to pay for their decision to have children that they know they can't financially take care of.

We need to change our welfare/child support laws to put a stop to this crap. Let the Baby Mommas go out and get a job to support themselves AND their kids instead of depending on the taxpayers to support them.
I'm wondering if you have an understanding of how taxes work. The working citizens are required to pay into federal, state, and local city and county tax base. The elected officials determine how these monies are to be spent to provide for the welfare of the citizenry. So we as individuals get no say in how money is spent, feeding the hungry, providing assistance for basic needs, daycare, public school, elder care, rehab, public radio, art, illegal aliens, maintaining empty government buildings, pandemic "stimulus". Read more here: https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-...nt-waste#_edn7

A long time ago the powers that be decided it was not a good look for a polite society to have impoverished citizens begging in the street, especially women and children. We once had a code of conduct in which men were expected to take care of their offspring and the mothers of their offspring.

I noticed you said nothing about the baby daddy's getting a job to support their kids.

Old 02-29-2024, 08:27 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm wondering if you have an understanding of how taxes work. The working citizens are required to pay into federal, state, and local city and county tax base. The elected officials determine how these monies are to be spent to provide for the welfare of the citizenry. So we as individuals get no say in how money is spent, feeding the hungry, providing assistance for basic needs, daycare, public school, elder care, rehab, public radio, art, illegal aliens, maintaining empty government buildings, pandemic "stimulus". Read more here: https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-...nt-waste#_edn7

A long time ago the powers that be decided it was not a good look for a polite society to have impoverished citizens begging in the street, especially women and children. We once had a code of conduct in which men were expected to take care of their offspring and the mothers of their offspring.

I noticed you said nothing about the baby daddy's getting a job to support their kids.
I know that recent moves that eliminate abortion access in many states are not going to help this problem any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events