Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,618 times

Advertisements

We followed this when it initially happened, but no real follow up in the news until now. Maybe the mods can merge threads:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...oogle_vignette

That poor baby girl . How anybody can be that heartless is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 06:08 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's another unfortunate part, they did. They used audio from a neighbor's Ring system that recorded the child screaming and crying at all hours during her sentencing.
Why didn't the neighbor call the cops? Clearly she saw nobody going in/out of that apartment for days.

Old 03-22-2024, 06:09 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I'm wondering the same...this woman (not going to call her a mother), should rot in hell ! She should be caged and left to starve to death!
The judge sentenced her to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

“Just as you didn’t let Jailyn out of her confinement until she died, so too you should spend the rest of your life in a cell without freedom,” Sheehan said. “The only difference is that prison will at least feed you.”

Old 03-22-2024, 06:13 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Quote:
It was from last June. The article says "last updated March 20, 2024" to update that she was just sentenced to life without parole.
I wonder how the other convicts in her prison are Mom's and how well this will go over with them. She is in for a rough time.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:03 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
That's another unfortunate part, they did. They used audio from a neighbor's Ring system that recorded the child screaming and crying at all hours during her sentencing.
Good lord. I sure hope the neighbors did not hear that and the system was recording without their knowledge. Otherwise there is no excuse for them either.

This whole story is absolute nightmare fuel.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:14 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,492,058 times
I never imagined someone could be so stupid. RIP that poor girl.

Old 03-22-2024, 08:45 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Isnt this old? Or maybe this has happened before...
Before.

"Recently", there was a case where the adults left the baby with a bottle next to it so the baby could feed itself.

In other cases, there have been situations where the baby was left alone while the parents went to see a block buster movie premiere. Or the situation where the Mother was inside at a party while the child was dying of dehydration in a car with the mother saying the child would cry themself to sleep. Came across this story while researching as well. https://wsvn.com/news/local/broward/...ty-police-say/
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I never imagined someone could be so stupid. RIP that poor girl.
Well, as referenced to the other cases listed, I have to wonder if there is something in our current society which is making people so unthinking.

Or has it, this kind of thinking, always been happening (children, pets, campfires (the belief that it will take care of itself, burn itself out)) and we are just more aware of it now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I thought I read that...why didn't they intervene?
In all fairness, we don't know what the neighborhood is, we don't know what the neighbors' background is. A, B, and C.
A: It is like in the cases of domestic violence where those on the outside, say if you hear, intervene.......but will intervening bring the offender's wrath down on their heads as well, such as the offender killing their pets, hurting them. ESSENTIALLY, those who say intervene in this or another kind of situation, are they in their shoes to know all the risks?

B: It is wonderful when you know all the facts in aftermath to make decisions but not so easy when you don't for you don't know what is going on and for what may be going on, as in this case, it can be unimaginable that it is going on. There is a casebook autoerotic asphyxiation case of compression suffocation where as the victim sank deeper and deeper to their death, the neighbors mistook his cries for that of a howling dog. Back to the present, what did they hear and not knowing, what might they had interpreted it as?

C: A LEO or a CPS worker might recognize the situation but is it reasonable to expect everyone in America to know what is going down? After all, we have to teach people that if you think you should call whatever authority in question then that decision is made, you call.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-22-2024 at 09:36 AM..

Old 03-22-2024, 10:26 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That was my question, among many. Why didn't this mother's family intervene - she was surely mentally ill. Why didn't the family who heard this baby crying for so long, intervene?

Awful story.

There's no indication any family members heard the baby, they didn't live with her or even their neighborhood as far as I am aware. It was neighbor's Ring cameras that recorded the baby's cries. But that also doesn't mean they heard the baby from inside their homes.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
It's getting worse and worse with these people who should have never had children. This horrible woman goes along with the parents of that school shooter who totally neglected their kid so they could have a good time doing whatever they wanted. I don't know why birth control is so impossible to many people. If you don't want to take the time to parent a child then don't have any. It's really that simple.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:58 PM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
It's getting worse and worse with these people who should have never had children. This horrible woman goes along with the parents of that school shooter who totally neglected their kid so they could have a good time doing whatever they wanted. I don't know why birth control is so impossible to many people. If you don't want to take the time to parent a child then don't have any. It's really that simple.
Apparently, it is not.
Seems like this kind of thing is occurring more frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events