Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 08:07 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There's no indication any family members heard the baby, they didn't live with her or even their neighborhood as far as I am aware. It was neighbor's Ring cameras that recorded the baby's cries. But that also doesn't mean they heard the baby from inside their homes.
Not sure I follow that reasoning. If the ring camera OUTSIDE the unit heard the crying then the walls/construction wasn't that stout. So if the noise penetrated an exterior wall it had to penetrate interior walls to the side neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 08:32 AM

9,833 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

Not sure that has anything to do with this poor child. I wish the mother/monster chose to sit on an ipad rather than leave the country for 10 days leaving the child to fend for herself.
Simple, can one see inside to look for signs of the mother or baby sitter. Or activity in general. Were there lights left, tv or radio left on. Or was the house closed up including curtains, blinds and shades closed. Sometimes junkies completely close off their home ie windows, curtains, blinds, shade always shut, down or closed. This has been my experience as well. A sign of a drug addict not good either.

Just the sound of a crying baby might not be enough to investigate further, call police, family services etc.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:35 AM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Simple, can one see inside to look for signs of the mother or baby sitter. Or activity in general. Were there lights left, tv or radio left on. Or was the house closed up including curtains, blinds and shades closed. Sometimes junkies completely close off their home ie windows, curtains, blinds, shade always shut, down or closed. This has been my experience as well. A sign of a drug addict not good either.
maybe it wasn't on anyone's radar. I certainly don't go snooping around my neighbor's homes. This idiot should never have had kids...as a society we can't be always looking after other people who made the choice to become parents. There are always going to be evil parents. Just the other day in Warwich RI a father shot his 4 year old son and then himself

Old 03-23-2024, 08:38 AM

7,724 posts, read 3,778,838 times
How can someone NOT be in favor of the death penalty for this crime?

Old 03-23-2024, 08:43 AM

9,833 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Did it come out if the boyfriend knew or she told him a lie the baby was with a sitter. What the heck was he thinking evern suggesting or advocating a vacation for a new mom.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:44 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
How can someone NOT be in favor of the death penalty for this crime?
Ok, clearly the mother isn't a rational thinker. Maybe she believed the child could survive 10 days. Its not like she threw the child into a wood chipper or shot the kid in the head (no chance of survival).

If it was a violent instant death, no chance of survival then yeah you get the same (death penalty).

But if the mom is not all there upstairs, getting caged for life is fine.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:49 AM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Ok, clearly the mother isn't a rational thinker. Maybe she believed the child could survive 10 days. Its not like she threw the child into a wood chipper or shot the kid in the head (no chance of survival).

If it was a violent instant death, no chance of survival then yeah you get the same (death penalty).

But if the mom is not all there upstairs, getting caged for life is fine.
people who have all sorts of mental issues have kids and don't do this. She is more than just not a rational thinker....she is goddam evil. My husband and I don't go away without making sure our animals are taken care of...and we don't deserve credit for that...it's just what you do. The fact that a mother could do this to her child is absurd. Animals look for their children when they can't find them, animals take care of their children.

Old 03-23-2024, 01:18 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Without me making a moral statement as to whether or not the following is morally good, or bad, this is just a natural consequence of the fact that people can, for the most part, make as many children as they’d like, often with impunity, and in some cases, are rewarded, and/or incentivized, to do so.

Until you address the root cause, this problem will persist indefinitely.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I assume maybe neighbors didn't intervene because they didn't know the situation and because it can be easy to bring down big consequences on someone unintentionally? I mean, maybe they didn't want to sic CPS on someone with a colicky baby or something. In hindsight, we know why this baby was crying so much. In the moment... maybe not. (I mean, if I had a dollar for every neighbor with a screaming-bloody-murder kid... but nothing was ever wrong, just a child who was never taught that "screaming as if Freddy Krueger just walked into your yard" is not for funsies.)

I am always saying, this is why we need to get rid of this societal idea of "you must have kids" and "you'll change your mind when you have them," and all that. I mean, some people are simply stupid/selfish and would have them anyway, but some were probably the ones who thought they didn't want them but either had other people pressure them into it, or just always thought that "having kids is what you do."

I don't understand why there would be any sort of leeway or light sentencing for people like this woman, the woman who said she "accidentally" put her baby in the oven rather than the crib, etc. You don't do these things by accident or unknowingly. And if you do... then you're too stupid to live unsupervised and should be put away somewhere anyway.
I agree. I knew early on that I was not meant to be a parent so I never got pregnant. It's always shock and dismay from people when I say I'm childless. It's like there has to be something horribly wrong with anyone who doesn't want kids. These later years are showing a marked increase in people who do have kids not understanding that they are responsible for them. Many just can't seem to comprehend the idea. I'm sure there are multiple causes for this and not just one thing.

Old 03-23-2024, 02:59 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I see a lot of if stuff going on with younger parents including rarely opening the windows and blinds. I mean gorgeous sunny days, good temperature but they never or rarely open the blinds or windows. I get the privacy angle but it's like they don't want their kids to see the outside world. Yet their are families living in.a sub basement with open windows/shades. Same for neighbors across the street will tall ceiling high windows open.

That being said if I were to intervene I'd like to confirm something's wrong before I call authorities meaning was everything shut up. was the crying hours on end etc. Was there a car there or not there.

My mother was that way, I think she felt vulnerable with the blinds open or something (she had a lot of unwarranted fears and anxiety). I could never get her a plant in the last 20 years of her life. She didn't even open them in her 10 years in assisted living, and she was on the 3rd floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events