Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Morning everyone
Happy Sunday

Heading out to breakfast in a bit then I want to stop at the plant nursery I am looking for a nice jasmine that we can grow up and over the pergola

Then I will mow the lawn that never got mowed yesterday because I spent so much time on the screenroom

Then it will be movie day !!!

So what are your plans for today ?

Last edited by Granny Sue; 07-19-2010 at 06:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 AM

here is the planter
the lattice on the pergola deck wil be used on the end to support the jasmine

lol I realized I have way to many Christmas cactus pplants

Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Beautiful Karla! You can never have too many plants!
Well my day will be busy, not sure if I am going to skip Church today or not. Laundry, packing and last minute things.
My little 2 year old Natalie thinks I live on an airplane! Lol, that is how she knows she is talking to me by "grandma on the airplane". I guess the other day at the park she was playing with a little boy and an airplane flew over and she started shouting "my grandma, my grandma in an airplane is coming to see me". Kim said it was quite funny all the moms were grinning. lol.
Have a good day all.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Karla the devil's back looks great in there!

Shadow & I have been for a long, long walk this morning. She goes in for more tests tomorrow so I think I better give her a bath. She is starting to smell like a dog.

Laundry is going, and will be going and going and going. At some point I will vacuum up 40 pounds of dog hair from my floor and go grocery shopping. That is my big excitement for the day.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Monday's exercise thread???? Does that mean I missed my plane???

Sandy, that's neat that your GD remembers you that way.

Karla, the plants look terrific.

Evey, crossed body parts for Shadow's tests.

I think I mentioned this is Founders' Day weekend here in Ogdensburg. This morning, there was a Mass on the spot that Ft. La Presentation (said w/a French accent) was founded. It was so touching. They had it in four different languages: English, French (to commemorate the French founding of the area), Latin (the language in which the Mass was said at the time of the founding) and Mohawk (this area was originally occupied by the Mohawk Indian Nation). They had re-enactors for the battles they did, all dressed in various costumes, as well as representatives of the Mohawks who performed a Smudging Ceremony for us. Very spiritual and touching. We were right on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, a very beautiful spot.

Well, just wanted to drop by before I leave. I'll see you all tomorrow sometime. I won't be home till close to midnight, so I don't know when I'll be on. Hugs to all.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
We went into a hydroponics place yesterday, the dude had all kinds of cool stuff in there! Pineapple plants, tomato plants that were almost to the ceiling, I can't remember all the stuff but it was interesting.

Finally ended up at Walmart and I got more plants! They were on clearance! I'm going to have some bare spots when the lilies die back, anyway, I can't resist buying them,,,I got a few geraniums--no that's probably gerania, sorry, I'm no grammar guru--and the one plant that I couldn't remember the name of that my FAN had last year that was stupendous.

I figured out it was amaryllis, so I asked the guy at walmart, but he didn't have any, then I found the one I was looking for, well...it's a Mandevilla! I told him, he said you do know that there is a plant called amaryllis, I said yep. duh. We got that in a big nice pot, it's going to be great. Now, I just need a little (or maybe lot) more room for the rest of the stuff!

Oh, and this morning I did a ten minute blast core workout and an upper body workout, now I am going to go plant some more!

Have a good Sunday everyone. Have fun grama Sandy!

Evey is Shadow feeling okay? Hopefully everything is all right and they can confirm it so you can stop worrying.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Shadow seems to be doing just fine. She has more energy than she has had in years. She is demanding to go running with DH, something she never has wanted to do when it was over 70 degrees.

Her liver is the concern. There was so much damage to her liver from the pancreas leaking onto it. Liver number should be in 100-120 range. Was 1700 when they did follow up blood wok 5 weeks ago. They put her on a med. 3 weeks ago it was 500. We stopped the med. We are hoping for a normal reading, or at least a number lower than 500.

I would very much like to put all of this behind me. I would also like for my vet bill to stop going up, even though I am making payments......

Old 07-18-2010, 10:55 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I can imagine. There's a situation up here where some idiot lured his neighbor's dog away and shot it in the eye and in the chest. Well, another neighbor's security camera caught them leading the dog away, the girlfriend did that part (I can't imagine the kind of woman who would go along with something like this). Anyway, the dog is going to be okay, but it was taken to a few vets and the bill is over $8,000. This happened fairly close to here, little suburbia, not in an inner city bad neighborhood.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone.

Must be a week for dog happenings. SOmeone here is calling the sheriff on the dogs here and some are being shot and i hate not knowing who it is but I'm going to eventually find out. Can't hide such things in a small community for long.
Nothing going on here. I'm still in a state of resting. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 AM

Sandy how adorable is your GD !!! Hey there was the cutest 3 yr old little boy at the birthday party on Saturday Not only did he have the biggest blue eyes but also the cutest personality lol are they to young to make a match

Thanks for all the nice compliments on the new planter I told hubby how much everyone like it

So after breakfast we stopped to "look" at the jasmine and somehow came home with 2 10 gal ones so the day turned into 4 1/2 hours of yard work. Hubby cut and attached the lattice (that was in the background) to both ends of the pergola. I went in removed the little lemon tree that was next to the pergola (it went into a pot and is going to a friends)
got the jasmine in and attached it to the lattice. lol there are lots of vines once you unattach them from the frame in the pot. I also moved the passion vine pot from the deck to the patio outside the kitchen,now that it is closer to my view it will get not only more sun but water and will vine up around the copper supports in the pot

I think there was more dirt on me than in the garden.

Fuzzy you can do hydroponics container planting easily at your house. We do it at the schools I can find you the "how to's" if you want.

Evey I guess no one told shadow about her liver issues because it sounds like she is a new dog
Funny how you had to sweep up all the dog hair I never realized how much short hair dogs shed, greyhounds don't really shed so I was amazed how much hair there is from my buddy
around his crate and in his room I told him I was going to build another dog when I swept it up on Saturday

Cheryl I hope when you all find out who is shooting the dogs that you give them a scare or 2. I can't stand people who hurt animals

well off to start the QOTd before they come looking for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals