Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,150,178 times

Advertisements

Good "take the weekend off" morning everyone

It is the offical everyone gets a free pass Saturday

After the rough week it is time to play

I think the song we need is "Saturday in the park - ooops hang on I have to go look up the words

ok here we go

"Saturday in the park
I think it was the Fourth of July(well close enough)
Saturday in the park
I think it was the Fourth of July
People dancing, people laughing
A man selling ice cream
Singing Italian songs"

So people laugh today , sing today but the most important thing is to have fun today , we all remember how to do that right

heck I may go out and buy some more "Poka dot shoes " or even the plaid ones

Who will be first to tell us the fun they have planned

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 04:06 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,284,178 times
Good morning, all. You had to know it would be me, Karla.

Not sure how much "fun" I have planned. DH worked a double shift yesterday, came home, went to bed for a few hours and went back in for midnight last night. He'll be home around 8:30 and, I'm sure, will head right to bed, so I'll have to be quiet, let him have some sleep. Darn! I just HATE when I have to just hang around, read books and watch tv! ;-) Oh, well, I'll just have to suck it up, I guess.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,150,178 times
lol you can all use me as the excuse
"It is Karlas fault"
I have a couple new books that I am going to read
it is going to be 95 today with a heat index in the 100s so inside with the AC will be the place to be

Old 06-23-2007, 05:30 AM

Wow, Karla! We'll be lucky if we see '70 up here today. LOL...I guess I won't be able to say that much longer!

Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,230,505 times
Morning all!

nms when are you moving?

Karla, how was that new James Patterson book you read about a month ago? Was that Cross?

Well Cassy and I went for our walk this morning and it is really nice out here. This summer is so different from last year, nights are cooling down great and making it possible to open the house up in the morning. That is fine with me, I like having fresh air in if there is no humidity.

Well everyone have a great weekend. I'm off to the Farmers Market to see what goodies I can find, and then I have to go to WalMart and see if they have replacement hose. Hubby cracked the 2 hoses that go from the pump to the pool and I need my "sun time" today.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 AM

G'mornin', Cassy.

I leave NY 4 weeks from today. I'll drive about 4-5 hours on Saturday, then find a place for the night. Sunday morning, I'll get up and drive the remaining 4-5 hours to VA, where I catch the autotrain. We leave VA around 4 in the afternoon and are scheduled to arrive in Sanford, FL around 9:30 on Monday. I figure I should have the car by 11, and be in N. Ft. Myers ("home") around 3 or so, depending on traffic and how often I stop.

Farmers Market sounds good. Maybe when DH gets home and goes to bed, I'll give him some quiet time and head to ours. It's strawberry season up here, and I can't wait to get some local berries. mmmmmmm.. Nothing better.

I love to read, too. Patterson is one of my favorites as well as both Kellermans (Jonathon and Faye) and Stuart Woods. We have so many books. I have absolutely no idea where we're going to put them when we get down there. DH likes to read, too, and if he finds an author he likes, he has to own every single thing the author's ever written. LOL...we could open our own library, I think!

Last edited by nomoresnow; 06-23-2007 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Forgot something.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:11 AM

When we moved I gave every paperback book away. I only kept the hard back books and I have a book shelf that houses just them. Now I am getting quite the collection of paper backs again.

When my parents were alive and I rode the train down to FL (they lived in Fruitland Park) we would get off the train in Sanford, FL. Boy, it was just a small town then! Anyway, good luck and have fun and enjoy the trip. When we moved to NC we were running from a big snow storm that followed us all the way down through VA (mountain snow is beautiful to look at but pretty darn scary to be in!).

Old 06-23-2007, 06:58 AM

942 posts, read 2,585,982 times
Good morning!! Im off to Naples this morning to help my sister with nephews b-day party. Im not looking forward to it Im feeling a migraine comming on this morning. Not fun.

NMS Im going to be close to your neck of the woods. Im sure you are very excited about the move!!!

Im so excited...and I just cant hide it...I know, I know...ok cant remember the rest maybe dreameyes can help me out!!!

Cassy now that sound like fun the farmers market...do they have crafts to??

Karla, how I envy you being curled in the house with the A/C and a book. IM reading the 6th Target J. Patterson-I have neverdragged so much with one of his book, I find the other womens murder club book better than this one. Well gotta go be back late tonight!!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:35 AM

Pixie, good morning. Farmers market has just a few crafts, for the larger I need to travel to Raleigh, about 45 minutes to the west from here. We have a smaller market, about 25 venders, all local and wonderful fresh veggies and fruit. Last week I got blackberries, huge blackberries and sweet. Heaven.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:33 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,109,834 times
Good morning, good morning!!

Cassy, I looove Blackberries! Yum!!

No fun plans today for me. It's going to rain here again today and it looks like for another week.

But I did walk little Miss Chloe this morning with grouchy pants. It feels good to do that in the morning.

Have a fun day today guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals