Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Ok so I take 2 killer cycling/spinning classes in a row, one would think my quads would be screaming
But take one little water aerobic class and I wake up with everything from my waist up is aching.
that must mean my legs are either in really good shape or the muscles are still in shock from the bike and just waiting to say "hah this is what you get"

Good morning everyone

heading out for my walk in about 30 mins.

No cycle class today the personal trainer that will be doing my assessment this afternoon said if I take the class it would skew my results because of the amount of water you lose. So your weight may be lower than what it actually is god forbid I should be missing a pound lol I so wanted to see if the "gel seat" helps my poor tush on the bike
He said they do a cardio test, flexibility test and strength test this should provide us with as many giggles as the water aerobics
So I will just mow the lawn instead

Who will be next to check in

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 03:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Me! I have done nothing yet...hahaha.

Actually I did do something. I woke up 3x in the night and forced myself to lie there. I told myself I needed the sleep. I am healing myself, inside and out. So, no midnight crunches.

A friend of mine gave me a one week vip free pass to a gym.. May try that in a couple of weeks... Heading out for my walk in a couple...with my mp3...thats right BAYBEE

And fear not, The Lord will walk with me, even still..

Old 07-12-2007, 05:13 AM

robyn
do you nap during the day or early evening ?

karla

Old 07-12-2007, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
robyn
do you nap during the day or early evening ?

karla
Karla, I don't nap during the day or evening, but sometimes I do go to sleep as early as 8. I am on several meds that make me tired. I do have restless legs syndrome and take meds for that, I sleep well, when i sleep, but I just really think its everything that is going on in my life. I e mailed you through CD about a week ago...did you get it?

Robyn

Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 AM

I am back from my walk, woke up my daughter for ESY. I left 10 minutes later than usual.

I did 2.758 miles. Pretty good for not having those extra ten minutes!

I had my mp3 player with me. This is gonna sound silly, I know, but I was thinking, will the Lord walk with me AND my mp3 player? He did! LOL

Today, it was much cooler and the humidity was lower. The breeze off of the river blew over me, as it did yesterday. my mind was clear, even with the music. I knew the Lord was with me.

These walks are not all about getting fit for me. yes, i am getting fit, but they are a spiritual journey in my life.

Today, I am gonna wear my rattiest, most faded out scrubs today. I am going to feel beautiful.

All of these years with my dh telling me that I am so pretty and I dont even know it have flown over my head. The hurtful words that he said to me and the kids are the ones that stuck. The ones that make me feel not pretty.

Today, with my realization, with the clouds opening up, I am beautiful. I am on a journey. Where it takes me, the Lord knows. Only He knows.

Sometimes when dh hugs me, I can hug him back. Last night he reached down and hugged me, and I did not. he said wheres the Love. I said I don't know.

He jumped back. he started therapy yesterday, I started Christian counseling on Tuesday. He has demons to conquer, I have conquered mine, which are him. It was scary, but I did it. His therapist wants me to go in on his next visit, and I will. I don't think she is going to realize the full effect, from his last visit to his next.

She told him yesterday to find one fun thing for himself to do, and list 5 good things about himself. Thats all good, but the issue of his belittling us for all these years, i don't think has arised. It will.

I am sorry for bringing this into the exercise thread... but it is, naturally, part of my exercise.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Sometimes we need to exercise the soul before or while we work on we work on the body.

No hubby walk. Did the gym thing - 30 min. weights.

Gotta run - work beckons.

Pattie

Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Karla, I don't nap during the day or evening, but sometimes I do go to sleep as early as 8.
Robyn
The reason I asked is a friend of mine told me she has been having trouble sleeping and we figured it out, she was taking a nap when she got home from work. This was causing her sleep disturbance.
If you are going to bed at 8 is that the times you normally get up around 2 you might be like my hubby who wakes up after about 6 hours sleep thats all his body seems to need
lol but then again he can take a nap wake up drink a couple cups of coffee and go to bed and fall asleep with no problem.

I did get your email it has just been crazy here so I haven't had my usual email time

got back from our walk whew I should of taken a knife with me to cut through the humidity
Now that it is 8am I am going to go and mow the lawn lol with this heat and humidity I may sweat almost as much as I do in the cycling class rofl I have no problem if the scales show a pound or 2 lighter at my assessment we will just keep this out secret
It will be interesting to meet the trainer Joshua who will be setting me up, when I spoke to him last night he sounds like he is 12 I know they weigh you and do the dreaded body fat thing but I am hoping they don't whip out the good ole measuring tape

ok the lawn is calling

see you all later

karla

Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 AM

I love you guys... off to the shower and work.... been a posting fool thru the CD

Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,523 times
Talking Good morning yawnnnnn

Good Morning to You Karla, Robyn & Pattie- First off, I'm going to TRY to hit you up with Pos reps. I loved reading each one of your early morning posts here.

Robyn- I really feel what you are saying in your post. You have a very clear picture of your healing & who you are & what you want. I applaud YOU !! Good for you Robyn.

Karla- I almost cried after one gym "assessment". The Barbie Doll & Ken figure that weighed & measured gave me no positive encouragement but only those "looks" and they showed me a chart - my BMI was considered obese. Yeah right.

Pattie- You wrote "Sometimes we need to exercise the soul before or while we work on we work on the body." Wow - That's a good one !! And how true it is !!

I will be cardio-kickboxing tonight. Wish me luck. These women are very territorial & the owners say nothing about it. If the mean girl gives me one more dirty look for standing next to her in the gym, I will be forced to kick her a s s. So if you don't hear from me in a few days it will be due to a little yellow jumpsuit vacation. LOL j/k Just tried to hand out pos. reps and I can't give them to ANY of you 3 gals !! Darn it - I DO NOT like this restriction. !!

Old 07-12-2007, 07:36 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning everyone!

30 minute dog walk done. Karla is right, it is extremely humid here this morning. My dog has begun looking for her water bottle on our morning walks. She has never done that on morning walks, although she has been known to drink 3 whole bottles by herself on evening walks (hard to wear a black fur coat in FL in the summer).

Now, off to do the errands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals