Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Rances post about mowing reminded me that I need to mow our lawn today.
oh the joy I don't know if I can stand the excitement
I shall take charge of the edger and weedwacker tee hee

This will be done after our walk.

Today is my day off from the gym, after mowing I have some errands to run then have to be at my friends house at 12:30 to meet one of the fence folks for estimate #1. I wonder if I can negotiate with them like when I go car shopping?
This should be fun.

So who will check in first today ?

karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
I'm going to check in first. LOL But I'm just sitting here drinking coffee and getting ready to go to work.

Bought good walking shoes recently and have been taking nice brisk walks nearly every day.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:04 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,384 times
yay! I'm back!! I eat Trix before bed more often...the sugar woke me up this morning at 5 a.m.!! Well I did my elliptical for a half hour this a.m. and boy do I fee Grrrrreeaattt!!

Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Here I am! Hey Hoos! Hi Ellie! Karla! WOOWOO

OK, right now, Lucy the cat thinks she MUST be an online kittie girl, so she is sitting w me.

Went for my walk 4.135 miles. Great time. 45 minutes...great time for me, we'll say.

And these girl shorts are falling off of me, so, all the more reason to go buy some more guy shorts...heehee

Last edited by Pikantari; 07-26-2007 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: like I can really type w a 25lb cat on my lap...as if!

Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 AM

morning everyone

welcome aboard ellie

hoos I have been using the elliptical at the gym, I haven't hit the 30 min mark yet because I use it right after the spinning/cycling class and my legs are "wore out" lol. I find it funny the faster the music on my MP3 player is the faster I go on the elliptical.

it was a lovely morning for a walk as usual Lou and I solved the problems with the world. We figured if folks would just be a little kinder and considerate of each other it would be a nicer place. I told him my buddies here have cornered the market on kindness

It will be another 20 mins before I can go out an mow. By 8 am I won't be waking anyone up.

I think I feel a "eat what you want it doesn't count" day coming up soon
I promise to give everyone 24 hours notice. Because nothing is worse than logging on at lets say 7 pm to post your exercise only to find out you could of eaten anything you want.

I will check in later
have a wonderful day everyone

karla

Old 07-26-2007, 06:08 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Does banging my head against a wall count as exercise? Long story, but it has a lot to do with house and job hunting!

Very muggy here in WI, so we've been walking in the evening when it's a lot cooler. Helps me sleep better too.

Have a wonderful day folks.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:26 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,472 times
Good Morning!!!

Karla, I like the way you and Lou think. We do need more kindness.

No mowing the lawn for me though (hubby does that one). We have 5 acres and we have one of those huge mowers by John Deere with no steering wheel, just 2 handles. My husband loves it. So even if I mowed our lawn it wouldn't be excessing. Anyways, I'm too scared of the beast (the lawn mower).

Mine and Chloe's walk is done and it is hot and humid here, even at 7am!!!!

Everyone, I hope you have a great day!!!

Last edited by Roma; 07-26-2007 at 08:34 AM..

Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,646,346 times
Default Mowing!

I'm back!
I need some friendlier people to hang with, I've been spending too much time in the Politics and other controversies... I'm not very liked there, wonder why

I'm gonna go with the mowing- trend. My brother has already taken the mower out of the garage and is now mowing the backside of the lawn (he's right belove my window at times!) I promised (yeah, yeah, was FORCED to agree) to mow the other half of the backside. Going to take me forever...
But, it's exercise and I guess I need it. Haven't gone for my walk today, so... Went yesterday, and it was sunny and nice when I stepped out onto the road, but 20 minutes into it and 40 minutes left of it...
Half of the Atlantic Ocean must have poured down in just under 10 minutes!

So... That summer tradition taken care of. Now I just need some thunder...

Oh, and (help, what preposition do you use for this??) this wednesday (thuesday, I mean) "that has passed" (? LOL!) I went swimming with my friend for 4 hours. We ruled the place, and everybody knew it! Wohoo for the teenage years when you own the world! (Please tell me it isn't an illusion and that I one day will wake up and realise I am just a puppet in the grand scheme? Please?)

Of to do some mowing...

Last edited by Sweden; 07-26-2007 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: I don't know Math nor what day of the week it is...:o

Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,721,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

Oh, and (help, what preposition do you use for this??) this wednesday "that has passed" (? LOL!) I went swimming with my friend for 4 hours.
It could be "yesterday" since today is thursday...at least in Minnesota. Or you could say "Last Wednesday" referring to last week which would've been July 18.

And regarding mowing...did it last Saturday and I mowed in record time. I was so mad that I flew through the yard with that lawn mower. My wife was laughing at me which made me angrier at the time. Guess I should mow when I'm mad...get's done in half the time and a great workout!!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 AM

lol sweden
let me tell you if I was as nice and slim as you exercise would be the last thing on my mind
"this Wednesday that has passed" we would say "last Wednesday"

tet tea - house and job hunting at the same time is a reason for chocolate !!!

roma
omg I want to come over and try your mower !!!! I would love a riding one but
our yard isn't big enough and hubby jokes that he would come home and find me mowing all the neighbors lawns, I keep wanting to ask Adam the lawn guy who mows the house next door if I can try his. It is the one you stand on the back of wooo hoo weeeeee rofl lets see how fast we can get that thing going. Now you know another reason we don't have a riding mower lol
finished mowing and I think I was sweating as much as I do in spinning class.
Gonna hit the shower then head out for some errands

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals