Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times

Advertisements

I leave on the 6th, come back on the 16th. All packed, except for last min. stuff.

Ooo, remember I was worried about not using the fake "Coach" bag mom gave me for my b'day?? Well, I had to cram the baby afghan into my tote, so I don't really don't have room for such a large purse. Whew!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
lol, just tell Mom it is not appropriate for a summer bag!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good thought, Sandy. THe problem is, once I find a bag I like, I glom onto it. The one I have now has been in constant use since 11/09. Except starting now, until I return home, I'll be using a really cheap, really small Vera Bradley wanna be! At least it's not as really cheap and wanna be as the Coach!

Old 07-01-2011, 04:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Morning ladies

Evey thanks for explaining the program. It sounds amazing.
When you wrote "The boy looked at the councilor and said "Is this what it is like for other people to be around me?"" wow to hear how the boy had a lightbulb moment that could change his path in life,gave me goosebumps

You wonder how their circumstances in life led them to some of the behavior
I see it in the school I teach at. 70 % of the kids are on free or reduced lunches and the stories of their home life just break my heart
Kids whos dads are in jail,kids with 4 or 5 siblings who all have different dads
One year the teachers had them write letters to their dad for fathers day one little boy showed me his letter
He wrote "I love you dad even though I don't understand why you shot that man and are in jail"

When folks ask "why we volunteer for programs like yours and mine" I think knowing in a small way you can help the kids is worth more than any salary they could offer.

Sue free big rocks !! I am so jealous they are so expensive down here
You have quite the garden projects scheduled,where is the flagstone patio going ?

Pattie lol on the BA coach wanna be purse I know your "heartbroken" that there was no room in your bag
Your packed almost a week in advanced go you !!!
I am really goign to try that for our cruise Oct 1 lol it should help the travel stress not packing the night before

remind me around Sept 20th ok

Connie it bites me in the butt how much states charge for tags when you move there I think it is close to $300 here
I agree with you giving the ins co the boot

kinkytoes IMO dragging a hose all over the yard in the heat to water is a form of exercise
Sometimes giving your body a day of rest is a good thing

Connie I thought it was Friday most of the afternoon

I never made it into the garage I had some errands I had to run and work phone calls
The new supervisor corporate hired to over see all of the locations( that corporate has yet to tell me about but my managers did) told my manager that our location was the cleanest of them all
He then proceeded to ask my manager "I know you have a different owner and Main office told me not to ask but would he be interested in managing 2 of the other locations"
My manager said "No I am fine here" so of course 3 days later he asked him again "have you thought about my offer"
My managers again told him I am really happy here and Ms Karla would not be happy knowing your still asking"

lol I may have to have a "ctjm" with this new guy

Well I better get started on today it is going to be crazy busy

Old 07-01-2011, 07:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Karla the problem with the insurance company was that they raised the rates up sooooo high, but in their defense Bob DID get a big ticket while we lived in Indiana so that is their excuse for raising them BUT my history is spotless and the policy is in my name with him as a secondary driver (for the 2001 Kia with PLPD on it). Our state does not charge quite that amount for switching states vehicle wise but it was still 250. from his check (and put insurance on top of that), needless to say his check has very little left over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals