Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

looks like Pattie & I have ortho fun today

Pattie Just think of happy thoughts while you are having your MRI
Imagine the noise is a planes engine taking you to an exotic island

I am going to have a "ctjm" with my ortho doc
My back is great, elbow is better
Shoulder well lets just say it is not where we wanted it to be
Yesterday it was really hurting
I know he is going to bring up the cortisone to which I am going to say "how can you want to do this with out knowing why you are doing this" in other words maybe it is time for either a xray or MRI to see whats going on in there

I have to call my MIL today to see what day she wants to get together. I have been forgetting to call

PT exercises this afternoon

oh they are saying 50% chance of rain so we shall see
lol maybe I need to do the naked rain dance

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 05:55 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Good morning.

Karla- Good luck with your shoulder today.

It's a cloudy day here and I really need to do laundry. I am so far behind. I'm hoping for some sun.

Hubby and I are off to the big dump today. We ave a trailer full of stuff. Then it's to the library and the gas station. Do you know the pumps cut off at $100.00

I also have to call my bank. They have been sneaking in a monthly charge for the first time on over a year. I'll have to get my money back. I hate when banks change the rules mid stream.

Have a great day!!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow, Mickey, buzz, TT ,and I have been for a nice walk this morning. It is nice when the whole family goes out together. Today is supposed to be the last hot-hot day for a little while and all of us will be happier for that.

We actually got some rain yesterday!! Enough that the ground is still wet.

Not sure what is on my list for today.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Morning!

Feeling a little better today but this cold has really taken hold. Yesterday I slept and just watched movies, oh and finished reading a book

Today is clean house, laundry and a little job hunting thrown in. Kinda going to take it as I can get it done and if something is left over for tomorrow who cares.

No exercise today, not even a walk with my little buddy Max.

Have a good one all.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,411,513 times
Well, I see that exercise is bad for your health. I am joining the other cripples in this thread! My ankle feels a little better, but I haven't done my (PT)exercises yet. Not looking forward to finding out how little my "insurance" is going to chip in for my PT. I also need new running shoes.

I danced over the weekend and today. I discovered a new dance on Youtube. It is another Turkish dance! It is Kolbasti. I kolbasti'd all over the house.

‪Kolbasti wedding dance.mp4‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
WOW! They should have paramedics standing by for that one. That groom can move!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Hi, all.

Got the MRI done. This one wasn't bad at all. Karla, it sounds like the one you described, but since it was done on my thigh, I was able to scratch my nose! I took a xanax just before we left the house and I actually fell asleep thru all the beeping and buzzing! I woke myself up snoring! After I got home, I told DH I was going to try to sleep it off for a bit and to make sure I was up no later than 11:10 because my neighbor Chris was coming to pick me up for shopping and lunch. 11:15, he comes to the door and says, "Uh...I f'd up!" Chris, who is always early, like I am, was in the driveway and I hadn't even woken up yet! SHe was understanding. We had a nice lunch, went to Hooters and got waited on by those poor, malformed creatures who work there. Man, their backs must hurt at the end of the day! Did a little shopping first, went to lunch, then came right home. I think I need a nap...

See ya all later.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
Hey ladies
well there is a ton of rain to the west of us I am hoping the seabreeze does not keep it from us

Interesting chat with "Ortho doc" I guess my "how can we fix it if what we don't know what is causing the problem
When I explained how the pain is traveling up my neck he decided lets do a MRI so guess where I am going tomorrow
This is the tube one not open so should be interesting
I told him if the MRI doesn't show anything we can revisit the cortisone shot
I am tired of the pain
He did say I can have the PT guys massage the knots longer they only do a few minutes

Finally got hold of MIL she is coming Friday afternoon we will run around then hubby will grill some steaks

Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Hooters? Seriously? Hmmm

Today I did a very hard bootcamp workout, I did it a couple times before, figured I need to step it up a little here, also did a short arm workout too. They have a bunch of really short workouts in one of the sections, which makes no sense, you can't do them back to back without a whole lot of clicking around to get back to them--at least not that I've discovered.

Karla, to answer your boat quesiton, usually the other guys aren't out there. Just him, and his one friend has a boat out there [the guy he went on vacation with a few times] and he's a boataholic like mh so they hang. He only fishes about once a year when a bunch of them get together and have their famous fishing tournament, different teams on different boats. Now he's on a kick that he wants to get his OWN boat. I am not saying anything about that.

Talked to Billy yesterday, he came online, instant messaging which he never does anymore...

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Evey- That sounds like a nice family outing

Sandy= Feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I danced over the weekend and today. I discovered a new dance on Youtube. It is another Turkish dance! It is Kolbasti. I kolbasti'd all over the house.
Looks like a good dance to help shape you up I would love to learn some country line dancing

nms-Glad that is done. I hope they find something that can be fixed.

We have a Hooter's close to us in FL that is on the water. We go once in awhile. The food isn't the best but it has a great location. I got a whole lesson about water bras from one of the waitresses one time.

Karla-Sorry about the pain. I hope you can find a solution after tomorrow. Good luck!

Connie-I would love to go to boot camp just for the workout, lol.

I did a quickie treadmill walk today ad hubby was rushing me to get out the door. We did the dump run and put some more grass seed on the property across the way. I also made some salsa from all my tomatoes. Yum

I got a great deal that made my day. I called DirecTV and told them that I keep seeing these "new" customer specials. I said what about the old and constant paying customers. Don't we deserve something? They gave me $25.00 off each month for the next year...$5.00 a month off for the second year and they gave me 2 years of the Starz package..an extra 15 or so channels Hey, it can't hurt to ask

Gotta go. I have shrimp thawing for hubby. He has a new favorite of broiled shrimp with BBQ sauce and brown rice with butter and parsley.

Have a great night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals