Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 04:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times

Advertisements

to all our spouses be they dads of kids or furkids

How are you all celebrating?

We don't really have any plans today except a tip to the grocery store.

I may do some more organizing in hubbys office/my library

if it isn't to hot we may mow

I have a new book on my kindle so I see some reading in my future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 05:02 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,797 times
Morning!

I'm with you on the grocery store Karla! Never got there yesterday, it was about 4 when Bob was finished with his car, I didn't want to take my car away in case he needed to get something else. All's good with it, thank goodness, I don't need to be thinking about a new car at this point.

I'm going to be making lasagna for us, and also a batch for Nick and Rebecca. That gives me an excuse to drop by (invited of course) and see my newest sweety. Besides that cleaning will be on my list of to do's.

We had storms blow through last night, and it is sprinkling out now, man oh man we needed the rain. I have not seen things this dry in a bit (at least not up here!). It is still a little humid out but I turned the air off and opened the house, not a big air person in the north, now in the south you need it!

GOtta get, tell the guys to have a good Father's Day, lol Pattie your hubby got his present early in the form of Storm!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Happy Father's Day!!!

Karla-What book did you get?

Sandy-Enjoy the lasagna.

Looks like another great day here. I need to do some laundry and I will also be working in the kitchen. My favorite I am going to make some roasted chick peas, chickpea burgers, and a garbanzo cucumber salad. Yes I made a lot of beans yesterday, lol. BTW, they are really fresh tasting without all the preservatives from the canned beans.

I am also making a no crust healthy pumpkin pie. I have some light whipped cream that needs to be used

My simmer mat worked great last night while cooking rice. I am so pleased. See how easy I am Nothing boiled over

Ooh and I got some new books from the library. I started a new, for me, author again. J.A. Jance and I also got Victims by Jonathan Kellerman.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:12 AM

971 posts, read 1,452,742 times
Happy Fathers Day Everybody;

I got a Fed Ex mailer yesterday with an envelope saying "Don't Open Until Fathers Day". LOL I almost opened it at 12:01 a.m. this morning but relinted. Did open it at 7:30 a.m., was a nice card from my oldest daughter. Checking the email this morning was an ecard from my youngest daughter which I responded. The remaining kid/son and I will have lunch together with his two sons and that will cover my family for fathers day.

Hope you all will have an equally rewarding day as well.

Last edited by Bluff_Dweller; 06-17-2012 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 06-17-2012, 08:33 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,102 times
Morning, everyone. Yesterday, I worked outside for a long time, potted more plants then we went to HD and I bought sme more! Got a Caladium, and put it in with some sort of matching impatiens, looks really cool. I am into putting these containers together! Got a couple perennials--can't remember the name, sounds like zebra something.

MH was 'edging' and he was scraping up huge swaths of grass--and Karla, you know how premium our grass is! So, we rolled it up and placed it down in pieces on the dank side of the garage, looks like we put down sod! Now, if we keep it watered, it'll take!

No father for me anymore, only in my heart, but I will have to remind Billy to do his ceremonial telephone call...

Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
Good morning, all. A beautiful SUnday morning in SW Florida. Low humidity, nice breeze...but on its way to 94 degrees later. Sounds like a pool visit is in my near future.

Welcome, Bluff Dweller, and happy Fathers Day to you and our spouses.

Did some puttering around this a.m. Towels are hanging out and granola's in the oven. When the granola's done, I'm off to the pool.

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,102 times
Just had ourselves a bit of a deluge and for a brief bit, I was livin' on River Road!

Sunday's "Happy Father's Day  " exercise thread-danesmoor-flood.jpg

Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
Wow Connie thats a lot of water !!!
Your containers sound amazing I am not a good container put together person
Pictures

Lisa I got the latest JD rob I had stopped reading her for awhile this one will catch me up

Pretty low keyed day we just hung out hubby had the ball game on in the background and we both had our kindles
He grilled steaks for dinner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals