Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 04:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Friday

lol got up at 5:30 and of course I was up late again watching the Olympics

I have that blood test this morning so I want to be there when they open at 7

Going to make a stop after at a friends house she said she has some plants for me

Looks like todays exercise will be gardening
I want to get the new plants in and do some weeding in the front beds
I might even mow so we don't have to over the weekend

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 06:04 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

3 miles out of the way, and busy day over here. I've got a haircut at 10:45, libray for Maddie more "babysitter" books, and Maddie's piano lesson at 2. Between that I have laundry to begin, and some groceries to pick up.

You all would not believe the day Bob had yesterday. It began with his car breaking down (same thing as 6 weeks ago, so we are thinking the problem lays with the alternator belt being too loose), I got a phone call at 10 to 7, can you come and take me to the auto parts store. Got dressed and off I went, making sure to call into work that I would be late. Finally found him and got the car up and running. 1 1/2 hours late but not a biggie because I worked during a lunch this week. Anyway BOb had an interview at 4pm. So he gets dressed at work, heads off to said interview and almost there and back tire blows! Poor guy was drenched in sweat when he got into the interview. To make matters worse the zipper over the spare tire was rusted shut and he could not get it (spare tire) out of the bag! Anyway long story short he drove the back streets back up here, he said he was not going to trust his luck to drive the express way, so it took him over an hour to get up here! I had a "pitty" beer for him once he got here.

Not sure what this weekend will hold, but today promises to be a very nice day. Have a good one all.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Good luck w/the bloodwork, Karla.

Sandy....all I can say is: Poor Bob. Man, what a day. He deserved a pity 6-pack after all that. You know...maybe that'll be the job he'll get. Who knows....

Did my 3 miles, 30 min. weights today. 1 load of laundry in the machine, another 2 in the wings.

I think Elston and DP should be in FL by now..think I'll try to call them in a bit.

Have a great day, all. I'll check in later.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 AM

Pattie he is not interested in the job, but I told him it never hurts to go to an interview. He still has his contract job until December so it is not a rush to stay off the unemployment line.

Did Elston get the house they were looking at?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
You're right, it doesn't hurt.

The house is under contract. The last I knew, the closing is scheduled for the end of this month.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Morning all. Billy made it safely to North Carolina.

Got up this a.m. to go to the bathroom, noticed mh still home and he said 'let me know how the toilet flushes', well...long story short (hmm is this a trend here!?) the water is shut off, so I can't flush the toilet. We have to go to Menard's after work to get w/e he needs, whcih will doubtless include much swearing and anger and stuff I detest being around--and somehow it will get blamed on me, I suspect. We were, for the first time ever, going to go out to the new marina and go for a boatride after work today. My luck is so bad I could almost sell it as a weapon.

Oh-and we have old friends stopping by from out of town, some time tomorrow. House is a disaster due to stuff I"ve been taking care of with da lil cap'n, oh well...These guys used to live here in this neighborhood, so they can see some of the destruction that's still around from that horrible storm. If you didn't read it or look at the pics, you can't understand.

Anyway, at least my flowers look pretty okay--hopefully I didn't just jinx that! Gotta go-oh boy, do I ever...

Oh yeah, I did a short but pretty good denise A upper body and abs workout. Here it is, Sandy, if you want to take a look.
Denise Austin: Abs & Upper Body Workout - YouTube

Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Thanks Connie, I like Denise. Her warm up is the same in my DVD, I recognize some of the arm exercises with weights too. THey look harmless but man do you feel them later. I'm going to bookmark this one

Sorry about the water problem, Bob always comes up with colorful words while working on plumbing

Old 08-03-2012, 01:21 PM

It's not the water, it's the toilet. Some piece inside isn't doing w/e it's supposed to and it keeps flushing and flushing and flushing--well, not now, the water's off.

Oh yeah, and it's blazing hot, too, which always makes things oh, so much better. Man, I KNEW I shoulda gone with Billy! (Except he didn't want me to. Imagine!)

Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM

Hopefully the entire guts things will go in fast Connie. Bob had to replace T's last year, the upstairs toilet kept running, and running.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Wow-it was amazing. He came home, went to a local plumbing place, was back in about 10 minutes with a $3+ part, fixed it in no time! Whew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals