Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,147,300 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
See what happens when I have regular iced tea with caffeine for dinner, I am wide awake at this time of the morning.

So I was sitting here and started to get hungry so I said
I better go post the exercise thread so I won't be tempted to get up close and personal with the oreos in the pantry

It is suppose to be another "brisk" morning so I will once again bundle up and head out for our walk in about 6 hours though depending on when I fall asleep it might be a bit later

so is anyone else still awake ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:35 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,054,719 times
Good morning all.

Keep on walking, Karla. Stay away from the Oreos. They are poison and they stand between you and your success. Don't let them do that!

I'm heading for the lake again today. Have a great day everyone!

Charley

Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 AM

hey charley
thanks for the boost
we have a "lake" aka retention pond, in the middle of our neighborhood
there are houses on that side so you cant "walk" right next to it but it is really cool to see the ducks with their babies and egerts and seagulls one neighbor said she even saw otters
I got up around 5 going to make for a long day

the only "bad" thing about staying up so late reading CD is that when you log on in the morning there isn't much new to read

heading out in a bit to walk
will be doing more walking later when I go to the towne center with a friend shopping

Old 04-16-2008, 06:19 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,623 times
Good morning Karla and the gang! A sunny, brisk morning in NJ which should warm up to about 60 degrees. Could be better, could be worse. Charlie, its so nice to see you so motivated. Keep up the good work! Karla, night time is the hardest time for me not to overeat. My son had a baseball game last night and we got home at around 10:00 p.m. Now, at this point, dinner was 4 hours ago and I was feeling hungry, but when I eat late, then the lbs. come on so I resisted. Its not easy though when your husband comes home with a gallon of cookie dough ice cream. I finally got my new step work-out tape yesterday and that is on the schedule for this morning. Have a great day everyone! Jeannie

Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 AM

jeannie my hubby loves cookie dough ice cream
I can resist ice cream but well then there are M&Ms and pizza

walk done 2 loops with a little jogging

Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 AM

4,620 posts, read 15,006,614 times
K with a K you know the saga ... so, beds for 3 guests=done; clean guest bath=done; do laundry=3/4 done; vac the house=if I feel like it (after all, it's just my aunt and sister arriving today and they know my priorities usually don't include a vacuum :-); pull the knee-high weeds=when/if I get to it; get geared up for a week of fun with my houseguests=oh yeah on my way!

K, bring the Oreos over here. And jeannie216 you can ship the cookie dough ice cream. I'm in the mood for yummies for breakfast, and then neither of you will be tempted.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,369,316 times
Karla stay away from the Oreos ... they make your teeth turn black!

Thankfully the wind has died down today. It made for some entertainment when sawing some of the lower tree branches yesterday. Thankfully I was wearing a baseball cap, so no spiders in the bufont.

Heading for a good long walk today. Another sunny day and possibly in the 60s!

Have a happy "hump" day everyone!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,282,162 times
Hi, all.

Hey, have you tried the Oreo cakesters??? I love 'em, unfortunately, but DH doesn't like them, so if I buy them, theyre mine...all mine!

Not much going on today, but I have a strange yearning to clean house. That's a first!

Have a great day, all.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,054,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
walk done 2 loops with a little jogging
Good for you! 2 loops AND a little jog - that's nice work. I'm thinking about 2 loops at the lake today. It will be mid-60's and sunny today.

Early mornings have been a little difficult for me but after a few hours, I'm feeling pretty good and I'd like to try a nice long slow distance today.

Jeannie - thanks for the kind words. When I walk at the lake, I feel the old walking instincts starting to return ... and the endorphins! I forgot how good the endorphins feel.

Mawipafl - welcome to our exercise world and congratulations on your moderator position.

Good morning to Tet and NMS ... and everyone who comes along after I press "submit reply".

Charley

Old 04-16-2008, 07:45 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,259,707 times
Morning peeps!

Sorry I missed you last night Karla. Usually I am up at that hour & looking for someone to play with. Do those Oreos happen to be the double stuff chocolate cream? There is no resisting the siren song of those evil creatures.

It is a beautiful morning here and Shadow & I have done the big walk this morning. We will be taking a bike ride over to the park this afternoon.

My mother in law's oven has failed and American Home Shield has told her to go pick out a new one, so we will be heading out to shop for appliances in a few minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals