Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
FIL arrived around 11:15 last night, we visited till about 12:30
they really love Ralph jr !!!!

It is going to be 93 today !!! So I think it will be inside thing maybe a trip to this bookstore that I have been wanting to go to, it is a "bookmine" they have old & new books I can get some books that I read in the past to add to my collection

I am going to head over to feed and let chaos out then turn the sprinkler on at the school garden.

So what fun plans does everyone have today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,392,204 times
Good morning Karla.

It's been a busy morning alreay. DH is helping friends with their house renovation so I took DS and my parents and we made a short bike tour into the next "city" (it has only about 15000 inhabitants, so no real city) to buy some fresh fruit. It was fun.

Then I cooked something nice for lunch. It's already darn hot outside and I caught a sunburn yesterday so now I'm staying inside for a few minutes.

This afternoon we'll have the hairdresser over and I'm looking forward to get a new hairstyle although I can't decide what to do: cut it or let it grow. Anyway, it needs fresh highlighting...

Tonight my cousin and her bf will cook a three courses menue for DH and me. It was my birthday gift from them and I'm really looking forward to it b/c my cousin is a real pro in the kitchen. It will be really nice sitting outside in the garden with a great dinner...

Otherwise no further exercises than the bike tour planned.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Old 05-10-2008, 06:21 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,277,236 times
Oh, Mmom, that sounds like a wonderful b'day present. I would so enjoy to sit back and let someone else cook for me. Now, I love to cook, don't get me wrong, but once in a while, it's nice to be pampered. Think of us while you're enjoying your dinner, alright?

Let's see, I've been out on my bicycle for a 35 min. ride. I rode all around the perimeter of the community and then some. It felt good. I have to keep this up.

Laundry's in. I think I'll do a load or two (depending on if I can get the cats off their beds so I can wash their covers. That's bed covers, not cat covers, ok??? Maybe some dusting and vacuuming (I only have 2 small rooms to vacuum, so that's not bad). Other than that, I think I'll make it a lazy day. It's already in the upper 70's here (8:20 a.m.) and we're supposed to get to 90. Karla, you'll be warmer than us today! Definitely a pool day. I think NN's son is coming over today, so I should be safe till late tomorrow.

Enjoy your day, all. I'm on my way over to ? o' the day to see what we inspired this time.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,252,465 times
LOL pattie! Cat covers.......

Diana I agree, that sounds like an awesome birthday present!

I slept in this morning, so it was already hot when we headed out. Poor Shadow just does not like the hot. Our afternoon walk is under a lot of big old shade trees, but our morning walk just does not seem to offer much in the way of relief from the sun.

I think I hear the laundry calling.....

Old 05-10-2008, 02:51 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,051,664 times
Quiet day today. I hope everyone is well.

My wife did three miles at the lake today. I was happy to get out there and walk. I'm hoping to go again on Monday.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Out for breakfast and the it's Barbeque time for lunch! I've got ten ribs sitting with a dry rub and a london broil that I'll be marinating later in some marinade that I'll create later. Cole slaw, potato salad and home made corn bread (my wife makes that) will round out the meal. My daughter will come up and one of my sons will probably drop by.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Charley

Old 05-10-2008, 03:21 PM

Wow, Charley! What time's dinner??? It sounds absolutely fabulous.

I don't know how I managed to make out like this, because I'm not even a mother, other than to furkids. I think people took pity on me because DH isn't here. Tonight, I'm going out to dinner with Nosey Nelly Neighbor and her son. He's taking me out to say thanks for helping his mom. We're going to Steak 'n Ale. Can't wait! Tomorrow, I'm going to Bob Evans for brunch with the couple behind me. How about that??? Am I a lucky gal or what??? I guess NN's can sometimes be ok.

But, Charley, I'm still free for dinner tomorrow (((blinking eyelashes ever so sweetly)))).

Old 05-10-2008, 03:23 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,051,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Wow, Charley! What time's dinner??? It sounds absolutely fabulous.

I don't know how I managed to make out like this, because I'm not even a mother, other than to furkids. I think people took pity on me because DH isn't here. Tonight, I'm going out to dinner with Nosey Nelly Neighbor and her son. He's taking me out to say thanks for helping his mom. We're going to Steak 'n Ale. Can't wait! Tomorrow, I'm going to Bob Evans for brunch with the couple behind me. How about that??? Am I a lucky gal or what??? I guess NN's can sometimes be ok.

But, Charley, I'm still free for dinner tomorrow (((blinking eyelashes ever so sweetly)))).
It's actually going to be lunch and I'm guessing around 1 PM.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:40 PM

Oh, darn! My brunch is at 11. Oh, well...maybe next time. ANd I would have brought cake, too.

Old 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,252,465 times
You can come to my house pattie. I am making a roast turkey with all of the trimmings. We are going to eat around 3......

Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,143,048 times
This is so funny to stop in and read your exercise posts and what I am reading about are all of these yummy eats!
But, then I have read that it takes about 50 calories to chew your food and another 150 to digest it. So, you can have a thin slice of chocolate cake and it's like you ate nothing sinful at all!

Have fun with your biking and walking, everyone. I'm trying, but not nearly as successfully as all of you. I think you should pat yourselves on the back (10 calories spent!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals