Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

And slept in this morning till 6:30
7 very nice hours of sleep

ok so we leave in 2 days and I have tons of stuff to do,but I am a good last minute person
opps I realized this morning that I had forgotten I have to get the bird to my MIL's house I guess i will do that wed night
won't be able to get hubbys clothes set out till we find out if they are going to fix the bulging bandage

I probably won't get time to exercise much the next 2 days unless running around crazy counts

so I will have to pretend everything you guys do I am doing

So what are "we" doing exercise wise today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 05:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Gee, Karla, I wish you had told me. I would have taken you on a bike ride like I did Charley! OK, I'll take you to the gym w/me tomorrow, ok? It won't be as nature-oriented, but you'll get some exercise in.

Charley, thanks for dropping in yesterday. I wasn't on much at all yesterday, between my wacky schedule and the power going out twice on me. The second time knocked out our server, so I couldn't get back in.

The Memorial Day picnic here was kinda boring. The meal was good as far as those things go. I didn't eat a lot, since we were going out for dinner. They sold 50/50 tickets early on, then announced they'd be drawing them at 2:30. I told my table mates that I wasn't going to hang around and listen to the stuff they were playing (they had 2 dj's and a karaoke machine, but not many were singing), so I went out to the pool for an hour, hour & 1/2. Came back in to see my neighbor win some $, which was nice. Came home, read for a bit and snoozed a bit. Then my friends picked me up to take me to the Elks club. The dinner was ok. Chicken was on the cold side. I had carrot cake for dessert. Now, that was worth it all! LOL Then we went into the bar. OMG, they pour 3/4 booze to 1/4 water/mixer. I had 3 and my head is just spinning this morning. They did karaoke from 7-9 and we left around 9:15 or so. I'd like to know who tells some of these people they should get up there and "sing". I could never drink enough to think some of those people were talented. Now, don't get me wrong. Some of them did fine, but there was one lady and one fella who really should never be anywhere near a microphone. I'm sure Elvis and Patsy Cline are both rolling over in their graves this morning.

Back on topic. :}

Rode my bike, but only for about 25 minutes because now I'm going out to the back yard to rake it. It's a beautiful, cool, low humidity morning, so I'm taking advantage of it.

Enjoy the day, all.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:02 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
In lieu of your spinning head NMS ... MORNING!

Karla I will gladly take you and Charley on my morning walk, and of course you can help with all the tree branches I have to cart to the recycling center.

After the Memorial service on Saturday (which I take my hat off to the organizers) my family and I spent the whole weekend looking over a beautiful lake and did nothing but hang out. It was like a breath of fresh air. I'm feeling charged and ready for the short week of laundry

Have a wonderful day everyone 'cause Friday will be here sooner than you think!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:08 AM

thanks pattie I love bike rides

I know what you mean about karaoke though I think the more the person listening drinks the funnier those singing can be

ok I was on the phone with the DR office and get this the apt lady said that the other DRs rarely see the other DRs patients whats with that
I told her so the fact that my husband is in a lot of pain when the meds wear off to the point that the throbbing wakes him up and he is almost out of pain pills means "to bad so sad"
no way am I settling for that
she is going to "check" and get back to me
grrrrr

Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Grrrrr is right, Karla. Don't let them give you any crap. The doctor left SOMEONE responsible for looking after his patients, but may simply have failed to mention it to the front desk staff. Be in their face.

LOL Pattie, a hangover?

Shadow & I walked this morning. I have a ton of laundry that I have been ignoring, plus a few errands to run. Karla, I will take you to the dog park this afternoon.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 AM

ok so hubby freshened up and changed his underwear and the hip bandage fell off
ewwww I looked it is about 7 or 8" long incision with staples I found one staple had gotten lose and was sticking in the skin about an inch above the incision
we kinda put the bandage back and it is being held n place by his underwear

so I called them back and the lady said she could do nothing till she spoke to the office manager or the medical asst. who comes in at 9:30

I will be calling back at 9:45

Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
I would be sitting there at 9:30, but that is just me.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I would be sitting there at 9:30, but that is just me.
you know I said the same thing to hubby that we should just go down there and wait
but he being the more mellow of the 2 of us that suggestion did not go over well at all

Old 05-27-2008, 07:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Karla, don't let them push you around. You're strong, you can get answers from these morons. They aren't gods - it took me a while to figure that out. Good luck.

Not really a hangover, just a light head. But I'm a new woman now! I did all that raking and bagging and am feeling just fine, thank you very much.

Oh, and NN strikes again. Witch. I saw her just before I started my raking and told her that I had to do that and then we could run errands. "Oh, and where are we going, if I may be so nosey?" Her words, not mine! They're her freekin' errands, for goodness sake! She's been after me all weekend to take her here and there and now she doesn't even remember! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! So I told her we were going to the post office for her passport renewal, to the liquor store for her bourbon, the pet store for her dog's new lease (Missy escaped twice the other day! Dumb dog came back!) and then I had to make a stop at BJ's. "Oh, I don't have to go to the liquor store that badly." No??? Then why did you bring it up 15 times over the past 3 days???

We went our separate ways and, about 10 minutes after I started raking, who shows up?? Yep, you guessed it. NN. She stood there and watched me for a good half hour! I guess she finally got the message that I wasn't going to stop to chat with her.

Hey, Karla...do you have a chainsaw I could borrow for a few days? I'll clean the blood...I mean I'll keep it in good condition for you.

I should watch it. If something happens to her, God forbid, you guys would have to testify against me. And I'd hate to put you, my good CD friends, in that position.

Thank you for letting me vent again. Gotta go shower. Bon Giorno!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
Are those folks nuts Karla? Hang in there and give them you know what! Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Pattie, you are more than welcome up here if it gets too much! You can bring Karla's chainsaw and work on our neighborhood pain in the rear! Nah, just remembered, we borrowed our Uncle's saw ... you can use that!

Last edited by tet tea; 05-27-2008 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Memory block! :)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals