Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times

Advertisements

If you have toothpaste (not a gel) sometimes you can use that as a drawing salve. Toothpaste is poisonous to dogs so make sure to put a sock or something over it so your dog can't lick it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
If you have toothpaste (not a gel) sometimes you can use that as a drawing salve. Toothpaste is poisonous to dogs so make sure to put a sock or something over it so your dog can't lick it off.
Well at least his foot will smell nice! I was going to soak it in salt water to see if that helps as well.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:36 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
The black salve idea came to mind to draw things out.
I didn't tell you all what happened to my brothers lab. He had a lump in his back, went to the vet and had some fluid drawn out and a couple weeks later, the lump reappeared along with some bloody looking boils. The thought was cancer but when the vet did surgery, the microchip was trying to work its way out of the skin. He's okay now but that's pretty scary.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:45 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Well, finally a productive day! It's only been two months!

I reseed some grassy areas and put down some additional top soil and we added some flowers in the little garden in front of the house. We'll need to water them like crazy because it's been dry for the last week. Rain is coming on Monday.

I got very dirty and sweaty and had to change my shirt twice! It's about time!

NMS - blessings in the memory of your grandfather. Song - be sure to get a little rest and if you still have symptoms, please check them out.

There used to be a black salve called ichthamol. It was a great drawing salve and I don't think they make it anymore. It's a shame because it worked really well!

Charley

Old 07-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
There used to be a black salve called ichthamol. It was a great drawing salve and I don't think they make it anymore. It's a shame because it worked really well!

Charley
They do still make it. I thought only horse people knew about this stuff. Pretty nasty, but it works.

Sounds like you & your brussels sprouts are going to be spending some time together. That was a lot of work for someone recovering from surgery. *shakes finger at you*

Old 07-12-2008, 05:14 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
I took it slow and easy and did no heavy lifting. I don't feel any worse this evening than I felt yesterday. I think tomorrow morning will tell the tale.

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I was prone to getting boils. We used the ichthamol to draw the boil to a head and then hot compresses to open and clean them out. It worked better than any other method.

I've not been able to find it in stores in New York. But then again, I have not been able to find those little plastic plant trellises that are used in potted plants to support them. We've looked all over for those! Anyone have them?

Charley

Old 07-12-2008, 06:48 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Thanks, everybody for the good thoughts about my grandfather.

I think, tho, that it's time to get ready to go home. I'm not sure who wants to kill who first - mom or me. We can't spend a week together without getting on each other's nerves. I know that I am prone to saying things that hurt her feelings and, tonight, she snapped at me as we came away from my sister's camp site. I admit it's not just her, that I'm at least 1/2 to blame, but I want so badly to be in my own home, in my own bed with my own DH that I could scream.

OK, drama over. t hanks for letting me rant.

Charley, don't go hurting yourself, ok?

I'll be human again tomorrow, I promise.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:33 PM

Can't help with the trellis, but here is your nasty, smelly black salve Dover Saddlery - Search Results for ichthammol

Old 07-13-2008, 02:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
hey all

wasn't able to check back in till now ended up being a busy day
we went to sams club then the grocery store with our list !!! well hubbys list I should say

evey I am sorry they are "working your last nerve" want me to come down and have a "jersey chat" mr evey

pattie I know what you mean I have a max 3 day family limit lol there is a reason I make sure we rent a car when we go up north and also why I make lots of "bagel exploration trips"

we had another "hum dinger" of a storm come through yesterday around 3

ok goofy Chaos story - he found one of his dads socks, he runs around the yard with it then dips it in the pool and shakes it lol he ends up hitting himself in the head with it, I think his dad wears size 14 shoes so were talking a really big soaking wet missile lol he gets this "why am i wet look" on his face
then he decided that "aunt karla" needs to play tug with this soaking wet "toy" ewwww lol

tet I hope your puppys paw is doing better could it of been a thorn that got stuck I agree with the sock thing to make sure it doesn't get infected

charley - check your local nurseries for the trellis's I have made a few of my own using short pieces of copper pipe in a tee pee formation in the pot I use zip ties to hold them together at the top it really looks nice as the copper pipe develops the nice patina and the plant can grow up on all sides

fuzzy check the medical supply places they may have the cast covers

I also found it you tuck a washcloth in the top of the cast it will catch any stray water drops that may find their way in

Last edited by FLPL75; 07-13-2008 at 03:05 AM..

Old 07-13-2008, 10:07 AM

Hey Charley, look what I found Bosmere Mini Scroll Plant Support Trellis - 12" at YardLover (http://www.yardlover.com/products.php?pid=9033 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals