Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

ok we haven't had a give me ___ for awhile so since 20 & tues both start with t's hey it could of been 30

So be it 20 "side bendy things" or 20 crunches the choice is endless

Of course feel free to give me 20 almond M&Ms

So yesterday I went to another sporting goods store to look and try the ellipticals found 2 I liked then came home and looked them up online
I know it is good to check the reviews but hard to tell when some only have 1 review
So today on my way to get my hair cut I am going to stop by the first store I went to to see if the one I really liked by chance could be on sale.
Now that we are getting close to the end of summer I have seen a couple reduced because the new ones will be coming out

OK so whats your 20 gong to be !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Well, let's see. I did 66 crunches (don't ask why 66 - it just happened!), 50 butt lift thingies, and a whole bunch of flutter kicks, then I did 25 min. on my bike. Way too hot and humid out there for any more. It's already 80, with a heat index of 86. I feel like I took a shower in stinky water!

Does that work for ya???

Wow...a haircut, eh? I could use one, too, but I'm still working on the insurance stuff. I think I got the homeowners cleared up, now I'm working on the car. I'd like to hit the farmers' market this a.m. and then Publix, but other than that, no plans.

Enjoy your day, everybody.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,047,583 times
Good morning everyone,

My 20 will be yet another restart of my walking and weight loss program. It feels like the 20th restart! There have been so many false starts since the surgery that is really has been discouraging, but I do want to lose some of this weight before the fall eating season begins. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving through New Years Day is THE worse time of the year to be on a diet, so I need to start getting serious.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:03 AM

It's a good thing you got your butt over here, Charley, so I didn't have to kick it! LOL You're right - no fun trying to diet during the holidays.

Hey, Evey...how did the car hunt go?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:36 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Morning peeps!

Well, the car hunt got sidetracked by the ice cream place that was next door to the first stop. OMG! Awesome loaded potato soup, awesome pressed sandwiches, and the most incredible waffle bowl sundae made with 1 scoop of swiss almond fudge with raspberry puree and 1 scoop of cherry vanilla with hot fudge. I am sure there were 20,000 empty calories in that lunch, but man was it good.

We did make it to a couple of buy here/pay here places, but their prices were absurd. Will have to give the dealerships a look. I tend to shy away from private owner sales, but right now private owners are looking a lot more reasonable overall.

Shadow & I have been for our walk this morning. We were out there for about 20 minutes in the steam bath that is our morning here. We found a stray kitty in the storm drain and this was the most fascinating thing Shadow had ever seen. *shakes head* Like she has never seen a cat before.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 AM

Your lunch sounds great! Just what I love - empty calories!

Poor kitty. Was it trapped?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Your lunch sounds great! Just what I love - empty calories!

Poor kitty. Was it trapped?
No, it lives there. It is the big, open concrete drain and there is a fairly large area under it before the pipe. I imagine it gets wet when it rains hard, but I have seen that cat going in & out of there since we moved here in Oct. Wonder why my dog never noticed it before???

Old 08-12-2008, 09:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
wow evey thats the kind of ice cream place I like lunch & dessert

ok here the "scoop" on the buy here pay here places

they buy the cars form either auctions or get this dealers who trade the cars and due to mileage or condition don't want to sell them on their lot
the average mark up if outrageous because the folks that go there for the buy here pay here don't have many other options
for example the dealer give the seller $500 trade value sells tot he BHPH for $1000 and he will sell it for $3 to $5 k
They can get away with it because the folks aren't going through banks so what the car is worth vs what it is sold for doesn't matter
Plus they don't want to sell the cars for cash they want to get the 29+% interest they charge

I had a lovely chat with my car dealer manager friend the other day
he said the best deals right now are on larger cars or trucks seems folks are practically giving them away due to the gas "issues"

OOOOO I just called him to see if he knew anyone in your area and he does so I will call you

Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Hi everyone.
I'll do 20 of something today, probably already have.
Got some new living room curtains and trying to get them hung up and I've got some cherries to pit.
I've checked on a couple of dogs through petfinder but the person hasn't contacted me. Sometimes I get sick of dealing with people and they don't return calls. Geez, I'm trying to give another dog a good home but the shelter won't return my call. Okay, I'll get off my venting now.
Charley, I've stopped and started so many times, I've lost count. Keep on at it though.
I hope you find a car soon Evey.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:07 PM

Cheryl have you tried any rescue groups? I will be looking to adopt a doberman once I get settled and I will go through the rescue. If there is a breed you are considering just google the breed and your state and you should be able to find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals