Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

ok there was nothing that rhymed with Wednesday
But alas it is Thursday and 30 came to mind

So todays challenge is "give me 30"

Even though I would love to "count" the 30 times I get up to let the dogs in and out lol can you tell who runs things around here

I will probably do 3 sets of 30 side bendy things

This morning i am going to run to Sams club as soon as I finish my 2 posts
Hubby is working from home today so I can take the 4 runner which is easier for the loading of water and dirt and what ever else catches my eye while there

meeting my friend at noon to go to the sporting goods store and order the elliptical

So what will your "30" be today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 05:31 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Well, Karla, I must be crazy, but I did 30 min. on my bike. That's not the crazy part. the crazy part is that it's 81 degrees out there with a heat index of 87. Man, I am "glowing" so much that you may think the sun is rising in the south today, but, no, it's just me. Believe me, I didn't want to do it if it was 60 out there, but I did it. It was a struggle every step of the way.

Well, enjoy your elliptical and your lunch with your jax friend.

We found out yesterday that there's a theatre in Cape Coral that has the stadium seating w/the reclining chairs, so I think we'll try that out today. I want to see Batman and DH wants to see The Mummy. Maybe we'll see Batman today and the Mummy in a week or so. DH's b'day is the 25th, so maybe I'll treat him then.

Enjoy, all.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Probably 30 minutes of telling myself "Get that big fat lard butt out of the chair and go walk"!

My brain says "Go" and my body says "No". The civil war rages on!

I hope everyone else has an easier time of it today. Get out there and find the fresh air and sunshine ... stretch those muscles ... work that cardiac system! Good stuff!

Charley,
who is still wondering why his "got up and go" got up and went!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
C'mon, Charley. I did it today, you can too. Just tell your body that you're only going to go for 10 minutes, then when you get it fooled into that, you can convince it to keep going. Now, go walk!

Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Small steps are better than no steps Charley!

If the rain holds off I will give you 30 minutes of swimming later on. I am sure there will be 30 minutes of hassle at the DMV while I am getting the trailer tagged. 30 times 30 of me yelling at the cat to get out of the box I am trying to pack, stop stealing the clean clothes out of the pile I am folding, etc. I think my cat is starting to get nervous.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Originally posted yesterday by fisher33 thanks everyone for the warm welcome! i'm not a triathlete yet, hoping to be in september! this will be my first one. bricks are bike rides followed by a run in the same workout. so we rode 45 on the bike and then hopped off, changed shoes and ran for 15.

Hi Fisher. Welcome to the exercise forum. Karla runs a great community here and the participants are fabulous.

As a former marathon walker, I'm going to enjoy your exploits as you train for the triathalon! You'll also provide a little extra motivation for me to keep getting my butt out there walking.

Well all - I did get out of the chair and did my "30" (plus a little). I walked two miles. Felt very tired after the first 10-12 minutes, but hung in there and got it done. Without you guys, I don't know if I would have gone today - so thanks everyone!

Charley

Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
see charley it is just a matter of getting going

as strange as they may think I am going to bring along a pair of sneakers and use each elliptical for 10 mins to really see if there is a difference between the $500 one and the $800 one
hey if I try 3 that will give me an additional 30 !!!!

lol pattie I would love to go to a theater like the one you told us about
though I can just see you know who nodding off in the reclining seats hey wait !!! maybe that way he won't notice we are watching mama mia !!!

tee hee going to check if we have the reclin'o theaters

evey just wait till shadow wants to play with the kitty in the boxes

and here comes the thunder and rain sigh but I shall not let it deter me from my projected elliptical plans

Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 851,103 times
Good morning! Not sure I will have time for '30' anything concerning exercise. I start my master gardener helpline training today and I am doing the girls night out stay at the mineral springs, so just checking in real quick and then running around and getting my stuff together. Maybe 30 minutes of frantically running around the house counts? LOL

Good for you Charley! Hang in there....

Have fun today!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
wow, Karla-that is a great idea, try it before you buy it!

Did about 45 minutes worth, still have to do the ABC workout-tried it with a little heavier weight and yikes! It's my joints that I worry about!

Good going Charley, every little bit helps, it's just getting that teeny bit of motivation, which is so hard sometimes. Usually putting on some music gets me going...and going ... Thirty?? I'll do 30 more bicycle crunches, how's that? JnR-yes, that counts for sure-have fun! My dh is going to a classic/antique boat show this weekend, so...

Have a great day everyone!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
That's a good one; letting the dogs out 30 times. Sounds like me.
We're going down to Ruidoso today to the Humane Society to look at dogs. They have a couple of male labs and a few other male large dogs to look at. So off we go.
Glad you decided to walk your miles today Charley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals