Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

Today is tree day at camp
My favorite tree guy will be our guest
He will bring samples of tree "cookies" so the kids can tell by looking at the rings how old the tree is
We will also be making paper I spent the last couple days shredding paper in my shredder
I am also going to bring a bag of sawdust and some interesting wood shavings from the "wood working shop" out it the garage

He actually brings a blender to make the "mix" which the kids then screen and decorate and hopefully it will be dry so they can take it home tomorrow

He also plays a fun game that teaches the kids (and a few of the grownups) that pretty much everything we use comes from trees

lol I am getting my exercise at camp because I do a lot of running around

Wow I just realized we are leaving for Phila in 1 week I better start working on packing

So what fun things will you be doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,258,340 times
Morning peeps!

Tree day sounds like a lot of fun!

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for a walk this morning. It is already hot & yucky out there.

My day will most likely be spent cleaning out the garage. It needs to be done & DH is not here to get in my way. Also, my neighbor had her nice wicker furniture stolen right off of her front porch overnight so I need to be able to put the big power tools & bikes away.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
Good morning, all.

Did our 2 mile walk with about 20 min. weights in the middle.

DH and I came home and got right on the garage. You see, before I go north (one week from today - ick), we have to clear out the bedroom and den, which means boxing up about a kabillion books. He emptied a bunch of plastic containers, which I then washed, so he can put the books in the containers. He's already started taking stuff out into the other rooms, so I have to get used to my house being torn up for the next couple of months, till all these projects are done. Evey, does this sound familiar??

So, Karla, how'd the commercial shoot go?

Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,358,380 times
I would like to come to tree day. That sounds fun and interesting.

Our power was out for most of yesterday. When I called, the lady said someone hit one of the phone poles and took it down.

I did the ramp it up workout today and the rest of the day, I'm hoping to do absolutely nothing but read my book.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
hey all
tree day was fun !! lol I had forgotten how messy making paper can be
But everyone had such a good time

Hey pattie I just realized we are heading up north at just about the same time are you sure you dont want to stop in Phila for hang with us for a day or so !!!

The "shoot" went fine lol the guy joked "you have done this before"

he kept the shot from the waist up so I could wear my flipflops !!

omg I realized something this morning this daily camp thing is like having a job well without the pay it is hard getting back into a routine
lol I have not had time to get anything done around here
good thing tomorrow is the last day
I have a bunch of stuff to get done before leaving

evey how long will hubby be gone ?

song sitting down with a good book sounds wonderful I may have to join you !!!

ok off to drag out the vacuum I think I can build a dog with the fur bunnies that are floating around

Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,258,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
evey how long will hubby be gone ?
His birthday is the 30th and he is planning on spending that down there, then heading back. I think the 30th is Tuesday so he would leave Wednesday and be back here late Thursday of next week.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:55 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
I'm afraid I'll be about 10 hours north of Phillie, Karla. Thanks anyway. You're welcome to come join us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals