Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good Morning everyone

I can't believe it is Friday already !!!! Where did the week go.

We got some rain last night yay, we still have a long way to go to get out of drought conditions but it helped.
They got a bunch of rain west of us where the fires are hopefully that helped the firefighters.

Walk done
Who will be next to check in ?

Karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 05:40 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
TGIF ... walk done, weeding done and I'm heading for a nice long soak in the tub with my new interior design magazine

So glad you had some rain Karla. You should let your little mud pup out into the garden again and send us some pics

Have an amazing Friday everyone!

Old 05-18-2007, 06:50 AM

942 posts, read 2,584,132 times
Ok..guys I havent gone out yet. But I have a question. Casper doesnt want to walk since our long walk yesterday he keep licking his paws. Maybe the concrete was too hot?? He looks like hes fighting arthritis, you know easy short strides. I probably shpuldnt take him with me today. By the was my legs are really hurting but I'm still going. Any how has this ever happened to anyones dog???

Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Sounds like he might have burned his pads on the hot pavement. Try putting a little antibiotic cream on them and cover them with a sock or bandage. Hope he feels better soon.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Ok..guys I havent gone out yet. But I have a question. Casper doesnt want to walk since our long walk yesterday he keep licking his paws. Maybe the concrete was too hot?? He looks like hes fighting arthritis, you know easy short strides. I probably shpuldnt take him with me today. By the was my legs are really hurting but I'm still going. Any how has this ever happened to anyones dog???
Hot concrete can affect their paws. I try to walk in the morning or early evening
Is it possible he stepped in something?
How old is casper if he is over 5 you might want to think about putting him on a senoir diet it has stuff that helps joints.

karla

Old 05-18-2007, 08:19 AM

942 posts, read 2,584,132 times
Hey guys it me again. I put antibiotic cream. His paws are really soft. I have never taken him for long walks before. My fault. Casper is six now, ok I dont want my head chewed off, ok you can if absolutley necessary.....he only eats soft canned food. Refuses to eat dry food. I once tried to switch him and he didnt eat for three days. Broke my heart; I gave in and gave him the soft stuff again. I'll check the pet store to see if they offer the senior version of the gravy style soft stuff. I have also made him his own whenthe recall started. Sorry off excercise topic. Im going to put my yoga video in and walk after dark to take Casper with me maybe he'll feel better by then.

See all this walking stuff is complicated.

Bur I am feeling healthier.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Sorry I'm late, folks. Boss is off, so work has kept me busy.

I hope Casper feels better soon.

Anyway, did the gym thing. 30 min. weights, 32 min. walking on dreadmill. I punched it up the past 2 days - out of every 5 minutes, I walk really fast for one min. They say it boosts the workout.

Glad to hear about the rain, karla. Do you know if it made it to SW FL? My grass is like straw!

Wishing all my workout pals a great weekend.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 AM

923 posts, read 3,513,701 times
Thumbs up Walk Done...

Good Morning,
Walk--ck

Lots of Lifting, bending, etc...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:13 AM

pixie
have you tried mixing the wet and dry mash it all together. I used this to trick my dogs. If he eats it you can slowley decrease the amount of wet.
Just make sure you are using a really good brand of either wet or dry.
remember "junk in junk out"
Also check his teeth sometimes if there is a pluque build up it hurts to eat the hard food.

I would give him the day off to let his pads heal. If you haven't taken him for long walks before they have to "harden" kind of like people after being in socks all winter you have to get your feet use to barefoot,

OK I just mowed the lawn for extra credit.

nomoresnow I am not sure if it headed your way. they got bunches of rain in the tampa area the other day.
karla

Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Well, I finished mine for the day, sorry about your puppydog, Pixie, hopefully his feet will feel better and/or toughen up if that is the problem.
Looking like there's going to be some tree trimming going on somewhere right by me, there's a big truck-mounted crane and a chipper and all that good stuff parked pretty much right in front of my house! That is always interesting to watch-talk about testicles of titanium-those dudes climbing up in those trees scare the be-jeeezus out of me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals