Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Yikes it's 36 out there with a WC of 31 the say it could drop into the 20's on the other side of the river

Pattie & Evey your farther south is it cold down there too ?

Today is going to be lift and carry day lifting and carrying all the stuff we are taking to the donation place a 28" TV 3 bookcases as well as a couple boxes of household stuff

Once we clear this stuff out the new exercise room will be up and running !!!

I wish I could find a place that I know will give the clothes to folks that need them. I am going to call a couple of the City homeless shelters. Hubby said there are quite a few homeless guys downtown that could use a change but I don't think he would be too thrilled with me driving around handing things out.

Hey do any of our exercise family have fun plans for New Years ?

We are just going to hang out here and try to stay awake to watch the ball fall

So what are you doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Staying home sick for me. I actually feel kinda sick today too, might just be instincts on how you are supposed to feel when staying home sick tho!!!!
I would think the homeless shelters would take your clothes Karla. They need all sorts of donations to stay operational and it would seem to me clothes would be a big one. We have several homeless people who hang out by my work and lots of those guys/gals need new things.
Nothing on my agenda today, going to wait and see if I feel more motivated before heading off to the gym. I do have to get a new calendar for the new year........2010!!
Nothing special is planned for New Years here, just movies and maybe a pizza.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:18 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy, feel better! I have some home made chicken soup if you want some....

Karla, it is 45 here at the moment. The wind blew last night, but it is just a little breezy right now.

If you are looking to re-home stuff you should check out http://www.freecycle.org There are plenty of folks in need that are too proud to ask for help but are happy to come get things when they are offered. You have to join, but it is free.

Shadow & I went for a walk this morning. Shadow most definitely does not care for the neighborhood here. Every time we leave the yard she tucks her tail & it stays that way until we are back in the yard. Yesterday she went to MIL's house with DH and refused to leave. I had to drive over there to get her.

Well, we got a few sections of fence up yesterday and DH is out there now. We chose to start with the other side of the property as there is a business on that side and there are frequently non English speaking gentlemen hanging out back there drinking beer & staring over here. That bothered me worse than the debris on the other side.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Wow Evey! Sorry that Shadow is not comfortable in the area, dogs have good instinct I know you will be careful. I hate it when "gentlemen" stare like that, makes one wonder if a good security system might be in your future. We had a rental close to us in NC that the tenants were like that.........they raised pit bulls and I had to call the police on them one afternoon........really do not want to rethink what happened that afternoon.
I've got soup Evey, just not homemade and I don't think you want my germs to travel to your house.......heck my work does not want me Oh well I am on day 5 of this thing so I will probably start feeling better in a day or two.
I've heard of that freecycle before, that is a good idea Karla.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:39 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Sandy, I hope you feel better soon.

Evey, that doesn't sound good. I bet the soup's good, tho!

Karla, it's 48 here right now. We skipped our walk because it was 42 and I just couldn't get the motivation going to do that at 42 degrees.

Going to the spa this afternoon. Gotta love that. Then, we're going to our friends' house for dinner. I made ham for Christmas. Three guesses what they're serving for dinner. Yep. Ham. Oh, well. I'm not a real ham fan, either. I think I'll live. Besides, it's the company, right?

Gotta run. Hubster wants the computer so he can play with his new toy.

Hugs, all.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:33 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Gotta be quick, dh is off today, there's no work. Did the 30 minute lessmore cardio.

Billy has kind of a dilemma, he's having a tough time finding a place to stay, lots of nasty neighborhoods down there too, I guess. Also, his car is up here and he needs a way to get it down there. We're looking into shipping it, because he really doesn't want to make that drive by himself. Saw one quote for about $700.

Hope you feel better Sandy.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
fuzzy
C/D had had his SUV shipped to Texas and he paid around $650 or $700 since it is longer from Ohio I think that sounds like a good price.
It would not only save wear & tear on the car but it will also save a lot of worry not having to drive during the winter season.

Has he considered living on base or maybe temporary rooming with someone for a few months till he gets his bearings

thanks for the freeyeycle suggestion !!!

sandy are you feeling better ?

Evey does your car have an alarm system if so one of the first things I would do is set it off to let the guys that have nothing better to do know you have an alarm I do this when i get a new vehicle or move into a new place

I would also see if you can get some of an alarm company stickers to put up on your windows & doors or even put up a couple dummy video cameras so they think the house is monitored

pattie do you now how nice a spa afternoon sounds !!! what did you have done and was it wonderful

well I worked on the library/office bookshelves project for about 3 hours. I had to make room for the 4 shelves of DVDs from the "glit" bookcases. Hubby made me 6 additional shelves to add into the B/S
I realized I have way to many books I ended up having to hide some of the older books behind other books as well as the DVDs

There are 3 computer towers in there that were moved from the old office not to mention my tower which is still here in the desk Hubby is going to see how many working computers he can make. I think he may end up with 3 maybe even 4
These may also be a good freecycle item I did ask my BIL to see if he knew of any families at work(he works on base )that needed a computer for their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals