Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

School day today and it is one of my favorites !!!
We are going to talk about the different kinds of dirt and how it affects the way things grow
We are bringing red clay dirt,sandy dirt & regular garden dirt
The kids love this class because it is very hands on

lol The teachers on the other hand lets just say we always manage to end up with dirt everywhere

I am in charge of bringing the regular garden dirt so will be heading out into the garden with my shovel shortly

This afternoon will be exercise time
It is suppose to be a terrific day hitting 72 so I think it will be outside exercise

Who wants to come to school and play in the dirt with us !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Um, I'm not a dirt kinda gal, Karla, but thanks for the offer. My mom says that, even as a little girl, I'd come running into the house, holding out my hands, fingers splayed, yelling, "Durty, mama, durty!"

Still a bit foggy today. It should burn off soon, then get into the upper 70's before a cool front comes in tomorrow afternoon. Right now, it's 65. Yay. No walking. I think Lazy Susan has set up permanent residence here. I need to get out and get some stuff done in the yard before Laurie hits next week. Lots of time, right??? :-}

Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow let me sleep in this morning! Whoooo-hoooo!

It has warmed up here as well, and let me tell you, the mosquitoes are out in full force. They have been chewing on me all morning.

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk. Later we will hit the dog park.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:01 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Okay I need to send you all some snow right now. Snow on the ground but sunny out.

Welcome to the forum Lizagill. Great bunch of gals here.

It's hard sometimes for me to tell what 'light' exercise is. Most of my exercise dvd's are intense but I can do the Leslie Sansone and Richard Simmons dvd's (moderately)and then after surgery start back up again with light exercise and move more intense again. Chemo should not affect my exercise and my doc encouraged it full strength as soon as I heal from the surgery so I'm getting ready to choose who I want to work out with today easily.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Don't send me any snow. I spent well over an hour yesterday shoveling that icy, slushy crap off our driveway and sidewalk. What a workout! But not in a good way.

Oh, it's snowing where Billy is too! In Killeen, about an hour north of Austin!

Anyway, we're going to some swanky restaurant with some friends of dh's so I have to hurry up and do my other stuff, and so I only did the 10 minute cardio today. Woke up with a stiff neck yesterday and it doesn't feel any better today, so I'm moving slow.

Good for you Cheryl, I'm sure it helps to be in good shape when you're facing something like this. But Richard Simmons--yikes, makes me sweat just thinking about his hyper-ness!

Have a good day everyone.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Cheryl exercising is great when you are on chemo, keeps your strength up:~) You go girl!
Karla I would be one of the girls getting dirty, my mom always said my sister was a little lady and I was the tom boy. lol, I still get dirty when working with flowers.
Well I skipped exercising tonight, just don't feel like it so that means I will have to go Friday night.
Keep your snow gals it is beginning to cool down here and I am waiting for SPRING!
Have a good night.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 PM

Forget the exercise dvd's. I put my mp3 on and just moved around at my own pace and the music helps my stress.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Morning all
Yesterday was busier than I thought and I am just getting back on the puter

OMG the kids were Out of Control in our 2nd & 3rd classes I even asked them "who gave y'all sugar !!!"

I spent time on the phone with my dental insurance company.
I did find out some interesting information
If I tried the build up and crown and it failed in say 9 months I would have to pay for the perm bridge or implant myself since the ins only pays for 1 treatment for the tooth for 5 years
They will pay 50% of the implant or perm bridge up to my yearly benefit limits which s $1300
The price is pretty close for either the only thing about the perm bridge is they crown the teeth on either side and we all know how "well" I do with the drilling process that goes into the crown prep.
So now that I am "armed" with info I have my list of questions to bring to tomorrows consultation

I also met with the pool guy at C/D house he seems to think he can get the hard water & mineral stains out of the pool The quote to refinish the pool is $4k and the treatment is around $400 so I negotiated that is he tries the acid treatment and it doesn't work they would deduct that amount from the refinishing price.

Cheryl the Leslie Sansone 1 mile express walk away the pounds is pretty mild do you have that one ? if not I may be able to copy it for you
That is great news that the Chemo won't affect your ability to exercise it is amazing that medical science has come so far
I wonder if you did a google search if there are not exercise DVDs out there that specialize in post surgery exercises

Fuzzy I spoke to my friend in San Antonio last night ans she was having snow too
that cold is headed out way it was 72 here yesterday but they are saying good luck with hitting 50 today

I had to chuckle it seems we are all of the same generation that remembers when Richard Simmons fist came out with his exercises Which soap was he on, I am thinking General Hospital ?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Was Richard on a soap? I didn't know that. I don't have the 1 mile dvd. I did it have it on VCR but gave it away and got the 5 mile walk that can be broken up but it seems more intense. The thing about exercise dvd's is no matter how tough they are like the slim in 6 series, I am determined to keep up with the instructors.
Dancing/moving around to music seems to help me now mentally so I'm sticking to that for now.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:13 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Was Richard on a soap? I didn't know that. I don't have the 1 mile dvd. I did it have it on VCR but gave it away and got the 5 mile walk that can be broken up but it seems more intense. The thing about exercise dvd's is no matter how tough they are like the slim in 6 series, I am determined to keep up with the instructors.
Dancing/moving around to music seems to help me now mentally so I'm sticking to that for now.
Yes, he was on General Hospital, played himself, teaching an exercise class back in the early 80's maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals