Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:26 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times

Advertisements

Yaaaaay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:24 PM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Whooppi Whooopeeeee!!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Evey, ha ha, good ones but I don't know if I understood everything right being from over the pond.

Whoooopppi Jeannie. Tell us what happened at the office tomorrow!!!

Going to bed again. Miguel must be asleep otherwise it wouldn't be so quiet here...

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Evey, I knew what all that meant. I don't eat grits though. I fixed a mess of turnip greens and hush puppies for dh's dinner. I wasn't hungry because I had been nibbling biscuits all day.
Jeannie, I am trying to figure out what animal that is jumping up and down. Our possum still steals the cats food every night. He is one bold possum. The only thing that will make him leave the patio is when I open and close the patio door.

We had rain and thunder storms today.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:36 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, I am trying to figure out what animal that is jumping up and down.
I believe a gopher.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/ralphie_the_gopher.jpg (broken link) http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/excited.gif (broken link)

Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM
NCN

Jeannie, I would love to be a fly on the wall for your first week here. You are going to have total culture shock. Just give it a little time. On my job I got to console a lot of newcomers. I could literally write a book.

When you are driving in the country and you see the person in the car in front of you waving to the person approaching. Be alert. They may stop and talk to each other--sitting in their cars in the road. LOL I grew up in the country and was used to this, but I have heard many newcomers say, "They stopped right there in the middle of the road and talked to each other." It doesn't happen quite so often any more because we have all these newcomers who are so rude that they blow their horns at people when they do that.

Country people are just going to be country people. Just gotta love 'em!

Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Jeannie, I would love to be a fly on the wall for your first week here. You are going to have total culture shock. Just give it a little time. On my job I got to console a lot of newcomers. I could literally write a book.

When you are driving in the country and you see the person in the car in front of you waving to the person approaching. Be alert. They may stop and talk to each other--sitting in their cars in the road. LOL I grew up in the country and was used to this, but I have heard many newcomers say, "They stopped right there in the middle of the road and talked to each other." It doesn't happen quite so often any more because we have all these newcomers who are so rude that they blow their horns at people when they do that.

Country people are just going to be country people. Just gotta love 'em!
I am concerned about my husband NCN. He is going to have a hard time with the adjustment, although he says hes looking forward to it, I'm trying to prepare him now.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Jeannie, y'all can be singular or plural. All y'all is always plural. You will push your groceries around in a buggy and the cashier will put them in a sack. All soda is called a coke, so if someone asks you what kind of a coke you want that is your opportunity to ask for a pepsi.

Best moving tip: pack your bedding/towels last so that you don't have to hunt for them in order to shower/sleep the first night.

And, just to keep in the spirit of the journal:

2 large mugs of hot tea, light & sweet
1 small cheeseburger
I have probably mentioned that my dh went to computer school in Colorado (our daughter had her first birthday there a long time ago). Well the last day of school all the wives were packing up and the husbands had to go to class for a test. Before he left for class my dh cautioned me not to pack the toilet tissue until last. He said one of the men had gone home and his wife had already packed the toilet tissue. We discussed how much she must have wanted to go home. I remember I almost put a sign on the back of our car saying, "NC here we come." When he got home that night, all he had to do was put everything in the car and we hit the road. I don't think I have ever been so tired, packing up all day and running after a one year old.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:57 PM
NCN

Oh, and yes. When they ask what coke you want, asking for a pepsi is good. It was invented in New Bern, NC, in a drug store. Someday you can visit the place. We are also really proud of our cheerwine. Have you experienced that yet?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, and yes. When they ask what coke you want, asking for a pepsi is good. It was invented in New Bern, NC, in a drug store. Someday you can visit the place. We are also really proud of our cheerwine. Have you experienced that yet?
whats that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals