Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 10:00 PM

1,555 posts, read 781,485 times

Advertisements

Alright, team. I woke up much better than since I vomited. More energy. Nearly 100% recovery but we are not out of the woods yet. Let this momentum continue. Thanks to all you experts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2023, 07:40 PM

Still not there yet but making progress.

Old 06-14-2023, 10:58 AM

Morning is hardest so far.

Old 06-14-2023, 11:49 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Yup. Just took one. It really helped. Generic version of Pedialyte.
There are bottled waters that are full of electrolytes, too. They're great for situations such as this, when you're dehydrated from vomiting, and also low in electrolytes. You can use the water to make your ginger-root tea, or take it plain, to replenish your electrolytes.

Some electrolyte water brands:

Essentia
Smart Water
Sprouts has their own brand of electrolyte water, a little cheaper than the first two.

Pedialyte's PR online claims on the one hand, that it doesn't have sugar (followed by a suspicious asterisk), while at the same time, claiming it has a healthy balance of sugar and sodium. I bet it has sugar alcohols, or some other type of alternative sweetener. So plain electrolyte water is better, if you're concerned about sweeteners of any kind. And sodium isn't the only electrolyte your body needs; potassium, calcium, and magnesium are among other important electrolytes.

Old 06-14-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are bottled waters that are full of electrolytes, too. They're great for situations such as this, when you're dehydrated from vomiting, and also low in electrolytes. You can use the water to make your ginger-root tea, or take it plain, to replenish your electrolytes.

Some electrolyte water brands:

Essentia
Smart Water
Sprouts has their own brand of electrolyte water, a little cheaper than the first two.

Pedialyte's PR online claims on the one hand, that it doesn't have sugar (followed by a suspicious asterisk), while at the same time, claiming it has a healthy balance of sugar and sodium. I bet it has sugar alcohols, or some other type of alternative sweetener. So plain electrolyte water is better, if you're concerned about sweeteners of any kind. And sodium isn't the only electrolyte your body needs; potassium, calcium, and magnesium are among other important electrolytes.
I am on Keto diet so not a fan of sugar.

Old 06-14-2023, 06:45 PM

595 posts, read 265,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Initially, I thought it was my sinusitis and pollen allergy that I suffer with. Last 2 days hit me hard on my allergy causing me to be nauseous. I do take prescribed Azelastine HCI 0.137% every night and helps me nearly 100% to feel normal.

I vomited 5 times yesterday in a span of about 5 years. It has since stopped from 2am. I no longer feel nauseated. I did see a virtual doctor and was prescribed Imodium (I haven’t taken that yet).

I do feel weak now and that is probably due to dehydration? I do take small sips of water including electrolytes.

When will I fully recover? I don’t have any other symptoms.
Sounds like you're already on the mend, but I'll comment anyway for the sake of others who may come along.\, and to concur with what a few others have said.

First, Imodium is for diarrhea, not vomiting. Perhaps that virtual doctor got their medical degree from a gumball machine.

Second, swallowing too much mucous from post-nasal drip can cause nausea and it's possible to vomit from it.

Third, you may have eaten something bad and the vomiting has nothing to do with your allergies, especially if it resolved so quickly. Your body expelled the pathogen and now you're good. Coincidences happen.

Fourth, if you haven't been doing keto long, it has been known to make people sick to their stomachs. It's called the "keto flu." Which oughta tell ya how bad that diet is for you but I'll keep my mouth shut on that since it's off-topic.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaByrd View Post
Sounds like you're already on the mend, but I'll comment anyway for the sake of others who may come along.\, and to concur with what a few others have said.

First, Imodium is for diarrhea, not vomiting. Perhaps that virtual doctor got their medical degree from a gumball machine.

Second, swallowing too much mucous from post-nasal drip can cause nausea and it's possible to vomit from it.

Third, you may have eaten something bad and the vomiting has nothing to do with your allergies, especially if it resolved so quickly. Your body expelled the pathogen and now you're good. Coincidences happen.

Fourth, if you haven't been doing keto long, it has been known to make people sick to their stomachs. It's called the "keto flu." Which oughta tell ya how bad that diet is for you but I'll keep my mouth shut on that since it's off-topic.
I am not on 100% Keto. I get my sugar from Fruits and Vegetables. What I do avoid is processed sugar. Later, I corrected what my Doc prescribed me in the comment section. Hey, you never know some of these virtual docs might be the car warranty guys posing as docs LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals