Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 12:39 AM

7,478 posts, read 3,219,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
How did you resolve your issue?
I didn't exactly resolve it. It ran it's course; it was like 4 months. It's hard to remember the sequence exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 12:40 AM

1,555 posts, read 776,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I didn't exactly resolve it. It ran it's course; it was like 4 months. It's hard to remember the sequence exactly.
4 months of everyday is vomiting?

Old 06-10-2023, 12:49 AM

7,478 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
4 months of everyday is vomiting?
Yes, and the big D. I ate quite a lot and lost 30 pounds and a ton of my hair fell out. I did not want to go to the ER due to Omicron and RSV was heavy in my area with full hospital beds, etc. I did not want C-19 on top of the salmonella. Salmonella was a lot different than the food poisoning incident (which was over in 72 hours).

Old 06-10-2023, 06:29 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times
I'm assuming you're getting better? Food poisoning has to run its course but it's usually only a couple of days for your body to eliminate it. Probiotics is always good when you're having gut issues. Also trying to stay hydrated is critical. Dehydration is dangerous.

Do you smoke weed? When i read the thread title I thought of a condition my son had.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) is a condition that leads to repeated and severe bouts of vomiting. It is rare and only occurs in daily long-term users of marijuana. Marijuana has several active substances. These include THC and related chemicals.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I'm assuming you're getting better? Food poisoning has to run its course but it's usually only a couple of days for your body to eliminate it. Probiotics is always good when you're having gut issues. Also trying to stay hydrated is critical. Dehydration is dangerous.

Do you smoke weed? When i read the thread title I thought of a condition my son had.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) is a condition that leads to repeated and severe bouts of vomiting. It is rare and only occurs in daily long-term users of marijuana. Marijuana has several active substances. These include THC and related chemicals.
I don’t smoke anything. Still feeling weak. Give another day?

Old 06-10-2023, 12:17 PM

2,623 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Quote:
Initially, I thought it was my sinusitis and pollen allergy that I suffer with. Last 2 days hit me hard on my allergy causing me to be nauseous. I do take prescribed Azelastine HCI 0.137% every night and helps me nearly 100% to feel normal.

I vomited 5 times yesterday in a span of about 5 years. It has since stopped from 2am. I no longer feel nauseated. I did see a virtual doctor and was prescribed Imodium (I haven’t taken that yet).

I do feel weak now and that is probably due to dehydration? I do take small sips of water including electrolytes.

When will I fully recover? I don’t have any other symptoms.
Immodium is for diarrhea not vomiting. If it keeps up go to the hospital. It could be something you ate.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Immodium is for diarrhea not vomiting. If it keeps up go to the hospital. It could be something you ate.
Right. Today, still feeling weak. But no more nausea/vomiting. Suggestions?

Old 06-10-2023, 12:19 PM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
You've been given a suggestion several times, see bolded.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You've been given a suggestion several times, see bolded.
Yes but I don’t have vomiting/diarrhea anymore. Not since 2am on Thursday.

Old 06-10-2023, 02:31 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
You're improving. Sounds like whatever it was has run its course. What it was may be a moot point now. It's only common sense to make things easier on your gut for the next few days. Here are general self-care tips for gastroenteritis that would make sense:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20378852

If it WAS something contagious, don't forget to lessen your chances of reinfecting yourself: clean your bathroom and other touch surfaces. You don't want this back again!

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-10-2023 at 02:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals