Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 01:04 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
I wake up feeling kinda the same way which is lack of energy. Is it because I lack water with electrolytes?
What is your doctor telling you when you ask them all of these questions? You keep saying you've already talked to a doctor. But you keep coming up with more questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2023, 01:17 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
I wake up feeling kinda the same way which is lack of energy. Is it because I lack water with electrolytes?
After the episode you had you likely lost a lot of electrolytes. Do you have any Himalayan Sea Salt on hand (or other sea salt). Take 1/4 teaspoon and see if it perks you up.

Here are the electrolytes I use to do extended water fasts:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 06-11-2023, 01:25 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Think about this for a moment. Your GI tract just suffered an insult, an infection. It's trying to heal itself. That takes energy away from more superficial things like feeling instant pep first thing in the morning. It's possible your lack of energy isn't related to your GI upset, but it probably is. Occam's Razor and all that. Don't know what Occam's Razor is? Read about it:

https://www.livescience.com/what-is-occams-razor

That's it for me...have a life OP!

Old 06-11-2023, 02:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Sounds like OP solved their problem, but FWIW, continual vomiting for me indicated kidney stones and also appendicitis. Had to get saline intravenous after all the liquid loss.

It got me quick attention in the crowded ER waiting room, though. Vomiting into a small trash can I brought along, lol.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:54 PM

1,555 posts, read 776,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
What is your doctor telling you when you ask them all of these questions? You keep saying you've already talked to a doctor. But you keep coming up with more questions.
That doc was after midnight that I saw. It was to stop nausea/vomiting. Never got it since it stopped after 2am Thursday.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
After the episode you had you likely lost a lot of electrolytes. Do you have any Himalayan Sea Salt on hand (or other sea salt). Take 1/4 teaspoon and see if it perks you up.

Here are the electrolytes I use to do extended water fasts:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Seems like it. When I drank CVS version of Pedialyte it helped a lot. I don’t have sea salt.

Old 06-11-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Think about this for a moment. Your GI tract just suffered an insult, an infection. It's trying to heal itself. That takes energy away from more superficial things like feeling instant pep first thing in the morning. It's possible your lack of energy isn't related to your GI upset, but it probably is. Occam's Razor and all that. Don't know what Occam's Razor is? Read about it:

https://www.livescience.com/what-is-occams-razor

That's it for me...have a life OP!
You are right. I thought I was going to recover in a day or two? I always had every waking up in the morning. I sleep 8 hours straight every night.

Old 06-11-2023, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Sounds like OP solved their problem, but FWIW, continual vomiting for me indicated kidney stones and also appendicitis. Had to get saline intravenous after all the liquid loss.

It got me quick attention in the crowded ER waiting room, though. Vomiting into a small trash can I brought along, lol.
I am almost there.

Old 06-11-2023, 04:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Whoever repped me today in this subject, I agree 100% with what you commented in the rep.

Old 06-11-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Whoever repped me today in this subject, I agree 100% with what you commented in the rep.
What did they say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals