Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 04:51 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,624,303 times

Advertisements

Good morning! My favorite day of the week has arrived. It's going to be a busy weekend with events but hopefully it won't go too fast. Yesterday was a great eating day until after dinner time and the snacking began. I'm not even sure what set me off except for the fact I didn't stop all day and probably overdid it a bit. I guess this is what they call stress eating. Today is a new day. So far coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......breakfast will be my oatmeal with blueberries and soymilk......lunch will be my vanilla yogurt with flaxseed and Grapenuts...

Happy, happy Friday!! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 04:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Morning Jeannie and all.

Lisa what great news-very nerve wracking for you both.

We all have little slips-we're human.

Breakfast-yog/fruit
Lunch-1% cott cheese,salad
Dinner-baby back ribs, corn, salad.

Happy Freaky Friday all.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:15 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,411,735 times
Good morning ladies. Thank you for thinking of me yesterday.

Jeannie- Don't worry about the slip up. You are doing great and today is a new day.

I had cherry pie last night Hubby said I earned it. I know you are not supposed to reward yourself with food, lol.

It is raining here again!!! I have lots of kitchen plans today. I have a bunch of tomatoes, squash and one big zucchini that I have to do something with.

I am thinking about making a version of Amber's Tomato with White Bean and Bacon soup. I will also be peeling and prepping carrots and celery. Gotta have those snacks handy.

Breakfast- I'm thinking egg whites and sliced tomatoes.
Lunch- something with squash
Dinner- I have no idea.

I found a new recipe this morning for those interested. It is for a crustless spinach, onion, and feta quiche and only has 142 calories per serving.

Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche

Technically crustless but the addition of flour makes for a delicious crusty bottom and sides to this quiche.

INGREDIENTS

1 medium onion, diced
6-oz fresh baby spinach
2 large eggs
1/2 cup egg beaters (liquid substitute)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
pinch cayenne pepper
1 1/3 cups non fat milk
1/2 cup feta cheese

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400F.
Lightly grease a 10-inch quiche/tart pan (or a pie plate)
In a medium frying pan, cook diced onion with a bit of vegetable oil (or cooking spray) over medium-high heat until translucent and tender. Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, then stir in spinach-onion mixture.
Pour quiche base into prepared pan. Top with feta cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
Let set for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.

Number of Servings: 6

Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 142

Total Fat: 5.5g

Total Carbs: 13.5g

Dietary Fiber: 2.2mg

Protein: 10.6g

Have a wonderful weekend.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:28 AM

72,423 posts, read 18,208,733 times
What a happy group today! Happy Lisa!

Thanks for the recipe! very little calories too!

Mixed apples,carrots together for juice,it takes great!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,965,287 times
Ended up eating a ton of fresh sliced and salted tomatoes with fettucini last night. Soooo good.

Breakfast: Water and green grapes

Lunch: Gotta go out to Costco, so probably going to grab a polish dog with tons of onion and mustard and a diet soda. Pretty high in calories, but since I can barely ever even finish one, it's not too bad for a meal in itself. Besides, you can't beat $1.50 for lunch.

Dinner: Pulled chicken, quinoa, beans, and enchilada sauce all baked up in a yummy casserole.

Hope everyone's looking forward to a good weekend! I just finished up a hectic first week of classes, so I'm going to definitely be asleep a good portion of mine.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,478 times
Good morning ladies...

Jeannie...after dinner is my worst time of the day...we eat early, so there is lots of time between dinner and bed!

Lisa...again...happy about your news and thank you for the recipe...again...will wait till it cools off here...dh heard it's supposed to get up to 112 here today...oh, I hope they're wrong!

spiderbear...having a Costco hot dog w/drink is one of my favorite lunches! How do you prepare your quinoa and are you adding it to the casserole?

Judi...hope to finally get to the grocery store today to pick up some 1% Cottage Cheese. Your dinner sounds like it will be yummy!

Miguel's Mom...it's funny because I don't like green bell peppers all that much, but somehow when they're stuffed I love them!

Izzy...stay cool!

NCN...we all have those days!

Today will be super busy...dd is coming home this afternoon...can't wait to see her...so I don't know what I'll be eating for dinner.

Breakfast was my coffee...a slice of diet bread with 2% cheese and a few slices of Healthy Choice turkey.

Lunch at Red Robin with my friend...we decided to split a Boca Burger and get a salad on the side!

Have a great Friday everyone...

Later...

Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Carmac you must be so excited.

Lisa great recipe and love the fat count!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Just checking in to say hello.

Izzy, hope you are safe out there.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 PM

72,423 posts, read 18,208,733 times
NCN,I am safe,just very hot and the air is real bad. Actually it's better that it was two days ago.

Spiderbear Everytime I go to Costco I would have a hot dog and a drink! it's cheap!

Lunch I had some chopped salad with green peppers,tomatoes,a little piece of salmon. iced tea

For dinner some cheese and pieces of toast and chopped apples.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 AM

1,116 posts, read 2,965,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
spiderbear...having a Costco hot dog w/drink is one of my favorite lunches! How do you prepare your quinoa and are you adding it to the casserole?
I add it straight, uncooked with two parts enchilada sauce to one part quinoa. 400 for an hour and its cooked! No muss, no fuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals