Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,634,398 times

Advertisements

Good morning! As the end of the first week of school approaches, so does my favorite time of the week. Today is my day off and going to do a little of everything......and then finishing off the day with football practice. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......happy Thursday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 05:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,885,074 times
Good Thursday morning all-chilly morn here.

Last night I had a teaspoon of delicious stuffing at the buffet and felt decadent!

Have to save those extra treats for NJ.

Breakfast-yog/fruit
Lunch-?
Dinner-cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, spinach salad.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,454,462 times
Good morning ladies

Jeannie- How is your DD liking school?

Diana- Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Judi- You are so good!!! At least you got to sample some of that really good food.

It looks like it might be nice today. I have to go to a different town and have a re screen done from my mammogram. DH isn't letting me go alone. I told him I would be fine and besides I won't get the results back today but he insists on taking me. I'm sure I'm fine but my Doctor is very sensitive to this. She is 38 and 3 of her friends have breast cancer. Better safe than sorry.

Anyway, last night at the Geezers we all shared these big delicious subs. I had 2 small slices of the Italian sub and it was delicious. I also made Jaxson's DDs famous Pecan Pie muffins which are always a hit. I like to make them when we go out this way I eat 2 or 3 mini muffins and give the rest away. We also went for a walk through their property for about 1/2 hour. Friends, exercise, and food. Sounds good to me.

I have no idea about food today. I think oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch will be on our drive back home and then we have to do some grocery shopping.

Have a great day.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,399,608 times
Jeannie - why are days off never taken to relax but to clean and wash, etc?

Judi - you're soooo good! I never could have stopped after a table spoon

Lisa - good luck at the doc's today!

DS had a day off today, too. I woke him really early today and brought him to my grandparents into their garden. He had a lot of fun helping my granny picking tomatoes, cucumbers and beans and he helped my grampa putting fish into the oven for smoking (sp.?) I'm going to pick him up in an hour. I guess I'll do that about once a week from now on.

Breakfast - yogurt
Lunch - spaghetti fried with onion cubes, a few salami cubes and egg
Snack - shared a platter of fruits (pear, apple, nectarine) with my colleagues

Have a great day - nearly Friday, yippie!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 AM

72,466 posts, read 18,225,645 times
Good morning everyone! relax today for your day offs!

It's very hot and the air unhealthy here,there is a big fire still in controlled,we are facing the mountains,across from my office is a shopping strip mall with Albertsons market,the fire trucks come and rest for a bit,go to the market. I really respect those brave firefighters,they are really heroes!
It's going to be in the 100's today! Yikes! staying indoors..

Having soymilk,cereal and blueberries

Have a good day! will come back later.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 AM

Izzy yes they are unsung heroes.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,550,869 times
Good morning friends...

Another hot day in Southern California...

Izzy...dh heard it's supposed to get up 109 today...yuck!

Jeannie...sounds like your day will be busy...don't work too hard!

Judi...I would love some of your weather. And you are so good at just a taste of that dressing! I couldn't have stopped after just a taste!

Lisa...I'm also still dealing with the same issues concerning my mammogram . My surgeon is very thorough also...I go again next week. Good luck to you!

Now about those Pecan Pie Muffins...care to share the recipe?

Miguel's Mom....your little one is so cute!

So far....

I've only had my killer coffee...I'm going to go get some yogurt in a few minutes.

Dh volunteers on Thursdays at the local Senior Center, so he usually brings our lunch home that they've served there...I call it our meals on wheels. It's usually a pretty heavy meal, so today I'm going to try to eat 1/2, and then save the other 1/2 for dinner and add a salad.

Have a great day...

Old 08-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Hey all I'm no hero-just needed that taste and when I saw some ahead of me piling their plates like they would never eat again-made it easier because believe me they had a long way before starving.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 PM

Had lunch out and it was grilled chicken breast w/ham,swiss with bourbon sauce on ciabetta bread and only ate 1/2 the bread.

Dinner-changed as we stopped at a local farm and I got the biggest green peopper I've ever seen so it's stuffed peppers, fresh corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes. (95% lean ground beef). I'm excited.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,968,793 times
I've been reading these threads for a bit, so I might as well chip in I guess. Figured out I'm 8lb away from the ideal weight for my height..so let's see if we can do this!

Breakfast: Diet cherry pepsi, handful of fresh green grapes

Lunch: Was just going to be a pecan pie Larabar (sooo good, I recommend ANY of them if you're looking for a high protein, filling snack). Buuuut it's orientation week at school so they were giving away free pizza. I had a small slice of pepperoni from Toppers, but there were FOUR places giving away free pizza.

Dinner: Probably going to be fettucini with sundried tomatoes, garlic, and pulled chicken. Maybe a bit of alfredo sauce, as DH will whine and cry if I don't.

Stewed a bunch of 37 cent per pound chicken legs yesterday to make pulled chicken for wraps and a ton of chinese chicken broth for 50 calorie per serving mushroom and eggdrop soup. I love my low cal chinese replacements! Makes it so much easier to eat healthy when everything is a treat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals