Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:23 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Swimming practice at 8:00, treadmill for me. Soccer game at 10:30 and then football game tonight. In between we're going to pick up my daughter's team swimsuit in Raleigh and maybe some Halloween costume shopping. Her first swim meet is next weekend. So, whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......happy Saturday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 05:42 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
good morning jeannie, ladies...

My day was to paint my living room, but at 3 am this morning I got a call that my husbands uncle had passed away, so I figure we will have to help his father with funeral arrangements.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning Jeannie,Aiangel-so sorry about DH's uncle.

Jeannie-think you can squeeze anymore into your day? Wow.

Cooking day for company tomorrow-have 2 lbs jumbo shrimp to cook, pasta gravy w/meatballs/sausage/pork ribs to simmer all day and a cheesecake to make.

Breakfast-yog/fresh fruit.
Lunch-maybe soup-Progresso.
Dinner-Pepper/egg subs and salad.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:56 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning ladies. I just got back Online last night. We made it to FL and didn't take a break before we started gutting this house. We will need a dumpster by Monday at this rate. Thankfully we have a 2 car garage, lol.

Jeannie- Sounds like a very bust time.

Aiangel- So sorry to hear about DH uncle.

Judi- Wow your meal sounds amazing. Was I on your invite, LOL?

Meals are going to be a little strange for a few months. We set up house in the master bedroom and bath. I have a coffee maker, a microwave, the refrigerator is still in the kitchen, and I have to get a hot plate with 2 burners. So meals will be oatmeal/cereal and fruit for breakfast. Lunch will be sandwiches on ww light bread and carrot sticks. Welcome Smart One's dinners from the microwave. I have popcorn, yogurt, and fudgesicles for snacks and dessert. That will be the extent of my meals for the next few months.

I have also started to walk a little each day now that I am on flat land. I take the dog since she also needs to lose some weight. Unfortunately she can only make it about 2 blocks but at least I am getting her out. It's a start.

I was going to join the gym here but I think I will be too busy using a sledgehemmer on the house, lol. Maybe next month.

I figure by Christmas we should be done with this house and then we will start over in the other house. It will be a very busy time for us. I am taking lots of pictures for the "Mike and Lisa Remodeling Adventures".

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will try to write in when I can. I am sitting on a step stool and my laptop is on a wobbly chair, lol.

Lisa

Old 10-03-2009, 07:45 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
aiangel, I am so sorry for your family. Just got back from the gym and did 5.25 miles on the treadmill. Off to soccer game. Judi, I so admire you for all the great cooking that you do. I wish I had half the talent. So does hubby. Lisa, that sound like a lot of work. Stay well.

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana and soymilk

water with lemons for the day
supplements

Old 10-03-2009, 08:52 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Good morning ladies!Jeannie is busy as usual!

Aiangel Sorry to hear about your DH uncle.

Lacey That sounds like a great party! yeah enough to invite us all!

Lisa Still working on our home!

I am having some coffee,half a bagel with lox,a little cream cheese,I usually just have a shmear.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Have plenty all-I love to make people happy thru my cooking-lots of love went into this one.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I went to a funeral today for our next door neighbor and the main theme was her Sunday afternoon meals with several meats and many vegetable dishes and numerous desserts. Actually there were many cars in their driveway many days of the week. We have lived here more than 30 years and I don't recall this lady having a birthday once during the whole period, but she was 98. LOL

She had a big celebration every year for her husband while he was alive, but we asked her when her birthday was and she said she didn't have birthdays anymore. The way she looked, you could almost believe that. Beautiful lady and a beautiful life and inspiring funeral. I feel like I have been to church already this week.

I know that February is the month with the most funerals and the fewest births, but what is with all these funerals lately. That was our second one this week and I have lost count this year.

Aiangel, do some good planning. That makes the funeral so much more pleasant. Our neighbors daughter was a music major and when she worked, was in charge of the chorus in the school where she taught. I saw her hand in the service and it made things so much better. There was beautiful piano music before the service. Special music by a soloist and a trio during the service and we marched out with music played on what looked like a huge violin. Sorry, I can't remember what the instrument is called. The girl playing it was a really pretty great-granddaughter. Two of the grandchildren (one from each of her children) told about being her grandchildren and how wonderful it was and what a difference it had made in their lives.

I got to talk to one of the grandchildren on our way out and told her that when she was talking about how great it was to visit their grandmother, my thought was how lucky our children were to live next door and get to be around them every day. They would be out in the back yard when the children got home from school and would invite them over for a cool glass of whatever they were drinking that day--usually either iced tea or lemonade. My children adopted them as their grandparents, since we were at least two hours from either of their grandparents.

Their adopted Aunt and Uncle are on the other side of us. We really have been blessed with good neighbors.

Last edited by NCN; 10-03-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 03:54 PM

591 posts, read 664,069 times
Jeannie, hope your day will slow down.

Aiangel My prayers are with you and DH

Younglisa, Don't work too hard, take time for yourself

NCN, Sorry your day started off with a funeral. Prayers.

Good morning everyone. I had a pretty good morning. After breakfast Dh and I went to find him softball shoes. Time Together, but not thrilling.

Breakfast... 1/2 cup wheat cereal, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 bananna

lunch... 2 chicken strips, and salad w/italian dressing, tea

dinner.... 1 grilled chicken strip, wheat tortilla, fruit

snack.... fruit, or cottage cheese

Old 10-03-2009, 04:12 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Thank you, ladybee. I do not like funerals, but this one was very uplifting and inspiring. The funeral was just like her. She was uplifting and inspiring. My children have told me so many things that she had talked to them about over the years and she was in there encouraging them to be a better person. That is what her grandchildren said about her too. I am so glad we were blessed to live next door to she and her husband.

I had eggs and bacon for brunch because I knew it had to last through the funeral. Then I had pork (and my husband had chicken) and green beans and tomato slices and biscuits with coffee an milk to drink. I think I will have some grapes now with another cup of coffee while I finish my laundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals