Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:22 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keket View Post
I have a little sister that is 2 years old that I love very much. So yes, I understand what a child can mean to people. HOWEVER, when most parents don't actually PARENT their children and leave them playing in the street, destroying property, and screaming up and down the neighborhood can be INCREDIBLY frustrating.
When their are parks and playgrounds literally a block up the street and there are toys and bikes laid across the road? No thank you.
I will NOT "cut them and the people" any slack until they pick up their own slack in raising their children.
This is madness..This has nothing to do with the kids, this is the parents, or the people in general..Good luck eliminating all the idiots out of your neighborhood or life for that matter. If it's not bikes and screaming kids, it will be something else. You can definitley tell you are in your twenties..Good luck. Print this thread, look back on it in as little as ten years and reflect on how much you've learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 PM

7 posts, read 56,508 times
Oh I've run into plenty of idiots, but its the idiots with children that are the worst.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:38 PM

229 posts, read 606,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Have you considered a commune??

Man, couple of grumpy curmudgeons in this thread...I mean I understand not wanting to live in a development filled with kids and families, seems easy enough to find..But not wanting kids around so much that you want some written covenant seems silly, selfish...

Hey kids aren't for everyone, I understand that but lighten up a little, jeez. Seems like a sad existence to me quite honestly. I don't expect anyone without kids, and who undertakes such an effort to live away from them to understand the gift that child is in your life. It's truly a magical thing..And as much as some get annoyed hearing about kids from people who have children, we kid people get generally sick of listening to people who consciously decide not to have kids for stupid reasons..My suggestion, get over it, you were a kid once, so cut them and the people that are brave enough to raise them some slack.
Haha, I am one of the most happy go lucky people you will meet.

I never hear single people go ON and ON about how we never want kids. It's only a reaction when we have to hear the constant droning about how your kid opened the cereal box and poured Cheerios all over the kitchen floor. Hilarious? Not really, since there are kids across the country going hungry every night.

And who are you to say that our reasons for not wanting kids are "stupid"? We could retort and say that your reasons for having kids are stupid! Magical thing? That's ridiculous, grow up. The real biological reasons for having kids are obsolete. Last I heard, the world isn't exactly hurting for more people.

Sad existence? Yeah, extremely sad. Instead of spending tons of money on diapers, cleaning agents, and baby clothes, I'll throw in cash for a Porsche, huge down payment on a house, and have enough left over for a great charity to help real kids in need. I have all the time in the world to take someone out on a date, or spend my weekends with friends. I don't have to worry about babysitters and all the crap that entails.

I love kids, but at this stage in my life, see no reason to have any of my own.

Have a great day

Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytravers View Post
Haha, I am one of the most happy go lucky people you will meet.

I never hear single people go ON and ON about how we never want kids. It's only a reaction when we have to hear the constant droning about how your kid opened the cereal box and poured Cheerios all over the kitchen floor. Hilarious? Not really, since there are kids across the country going hungry every night.

And who are you to say that our reasons for not wanting kids are "stupid"? We could retort and say that your reasons for having kids are stupid! Magical thing? That's ridiculous, grow up. The real biological reasons for having kids are obsolete. Last I heard, the world isn't exactly hurting for more people.

Sad existence? Yeah, extremely sad. Instead of spending tons of money on diapers, cleaning agents, and baby clothes, I'll throw in cash for a Porsche, huge down payment on a house, and have enough left over for a great charity to help real kids in need. I love kids, but at this stage in my life, see no reason to have any of my own.

Have a great day
Now this is comedy...Paaaalease Debbie Downer, the world is a much better place than your liberal idealist drivel would have you believe...Just because there are alot of people, some melting icebergs causing Polar bears to go without homes and landfills with too many diapers doesn't justify wasting money on a car and then saying you would ever give to kids in need, rather than have kids..Worry about what is in your own backyard before you think your useful enough to solve the worlds problems through Philanthropy and "progressive" thinking. Better yet, wait until your late in your life and you have no one around to give you a proper send off for all you allegedly contributed to the world.

The interesting thing is I would have thought you would have actually at the very LEAST touched upon one of the reasons for someone not to have kids..Like actual childbirth, 3AM wake up calls, Hardwork, and responsibility..Ironically you didn' t even come close, but rather named a house and porsche as better ideas..How silly. You're right about one thing, timing has to be right, for you maybe never. Talk about growing up..Gimme a break..The better question is why am I reasoning with people who are so far from having a clue. My bad..

Old 12-22-2010, 09:03 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
At 25, I was "Miss Career Girl" living in NYC....never, ever wanting kids and not understanding how my college friends were so wrapped up in their babies.

Now I'm in my early 30's, dating the guy I will spend the rest of my life with, and I can't wait to have kids someday. I still want my career, but now that I'm past the "paying your dues" phase of my career, I can see how I can keep my career and have kids, too. I now say my prayers every night that we'll actually be able to have kids- healthy kids- because so many girls my age have serious fertlity problems....and we're not even close to 35 (high-risk).

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if your thoughts on the matter change. They may not, but they may. My 25 year-old self would not recognize my 30-something self....but I'm happier now than I was back then!

To OP- you got some good rec's as to where to live. Just don't be shocked when your 20-something, still in fraternity mode, neighbors wake you up at 4am arguing about who won at beer pong or bawling their eyes out because their hook-up never called them back. They're not the 3-foot-tall kind of kids, but they're pretty damn immature sometimes.

No

Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
At 25, I was "Miss Career Girl" living in NYC....never, ever wanting kids and not understanding how my college friends were so wrapped up in their babies.

Now I'm in my early 30's, dating the guy I will spend the rest of my life with, and I can't wait to have kids someday. I still want my career, but now that I'm past the "paying your dues" phase of my career, I can see how I can keep my career and have kids, too. I now say my prayers every night that we'll actually be able to have kids- healthy kids- because so many girls my age have serious fertlity problems....and we're not even close to 35 (high-risk).

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if your thoughts on the matter change. They may not, but they may. My 25 year-old self would not recognize my 30-something self....but I'm happier now than I was back then!

To OP- you got some good rec's as to where to live. Just don't be shocked when your 20-something, still in fraternity mode, neighbors wake you up at 4am arguing about who won at beer pong or bawling their eyes out because their hook-up never called them back. They're not the 3-foot-tall kind of kids, but they're pretty damn immature sometimes.

No
Well said..I am 37, wife 35..We look back on our 20-something selves and chuckle often..

Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 PM

229 posts, read 606,806 times
I'm not a liberal. Not even close. Nice assumption, though. I hope you don't teach your kids how to make an ASS out of U and ME, although they will probably just pick it up naturally

I'm glad I know the real reason you want kids, to send you off. They'll probably just put you in a home.

I KNOW I'm not useful enough to solve the worlds problems - and neither will your kids be. Sobering, but the truth. That's my whole argument. I hope your kids' reading comprehension is better than yours.

I'm sure one day I will get older and irrationally want kids, but now is definitely not the time. Saying the time may NEVER be right for me? Nice jab.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Well said..I am 37, wife 35..We look back on our 20-something selves and chuckle often..
Skids! We may not ever agree on where to live, but I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on the more important things in life. That made my evening!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 PM

7 posts, read 56,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post

You're stereo typing my age range unfairly. You're assuming because I'm in my 20's that I'm going out to bars, staying up all night playing video games, etc. Most of the people I associate with are married or committed with no children. My best friend, on the other hand is married and also has a child and they are the one's I spend most of my time with.
Just because I don't want to live around children doesn't mean I think they shouldn't exist, just not around me. I've been married for 5+ years now and have been with my husband since I was 19. I have no desire for children and I have very little maternal instinct. Loud, obnoxious children grate and get under my skin. And unfortunately, 80% of most children fall into this category.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytravers View Post
I'm not a liberal. Not even close. Nice assumption, though. I hope you don't teach your kids how to make an ASS out of U and ME, although they will probably just pick it up naturally

I'm glad I know the real reason you want kids, to send you off. They'll probably just put you in a home.

I KNOW I'm not useful enough to solve the worlds problems - and neither will your kids be. Sobering, but the truth. That's my whole argument. I hope your kids' reading comprehension is better than yours.

I'm sure one day I will get older and irrationally want kids, but now is definitely not the time. Saying the time may NEVER be right for me? Nice jab.

LOL...Your idealistic philosophy will take you far in your lonely life..Forget the house, build a Yurt, hollow out a tree for a canoe and call society quits altogether. This place stinks anyway, it's full of dirty diapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas