Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Since this thread was about events and activities going on for the Super Bowl.......................

Why did someone NOT plan a nice big tubing hill?

I have my Flexible Flyer up in the attic. Now if I can get to Flag Pole Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I have my Flexible Flyer up in the attic. Now if I can get to Flag Pole Hill.
SWEET!
Every time we have bought a sled or such while skiing in Colorado dh always tells me to leave it as, "we will never need it at home". Right...

At least the golf course by me has a lot of great hills and I can sit on the back patio of the clubhouse at the patio tables and relax while the kids tube. Sipping on my hot chocolate w/ vanilla vodka and creme de cocoa (that I'm starting to run out of).

Old 02-04-2011, 10:20 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
It rained the last two times the SB was in Miami. The Colts-Bears game was rainy throughout.
I think people would rather deal with rain than deal with snow. You don't have to shovel rain. Also, I know you talked about Saturday Night and all. But the superbowl weekend really begins on Thursday Night.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think people would rather deal with rain than deal with snow. You don't have to shovel rain. Also, I know you talked about Saturday Night and all. But the superbowl weekend really begins on Thursday Night.
Not really. Miami got blasted for it. So much so that they were warned by the league to add a roof their stadium or face not getting another Super Bowl. The NFL just has to face it, since this is not the first time its happened. You can only have the game in San Diego or LA if you want perfect weather. Its even cold in Arizona this week and they had a dusting according to my brother in Phoenix.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:47 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Not really. Miami got blasted for it. So much so that they were warned by the league to add a roof their stadium or face not getting another Super Bowl. The NFL just has to face it, since this is not the first time its happened. You can only have the game in San Diego or LA if you want perfect weather. Its even cold in Arizona this week and they had a dusting according to my brother in Phoenix.
LA and San Diego could have an earthquake the day of the SB

Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
LA and San Diego could have an earthquake the day of the SB
I've said this a million times already.

I guess people are just ignoring what happend during the '89 World Series.... As if NOTHING ever happens in California that would be disasterous.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,171,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Or Honolulu! I guess the stadium is on the small side compared to Cowboys Stadium but the Pro Bowl was just there. Or maybe give up on having it on North American soil and just do it in the Southern hemisphere -- we could use one of those mega-soccer/futbol/football stadiums in Argentina or Australia

Old 02-04-2011, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,086 times
Now they are predicting another winter storm on Super Bowl Sunday.

http://radar.cbslocal.com/ktvt/5_DAY.jpg

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our lord Jesus Christ for this wonderful week in Dallas history. I know no one will ever forget the graceful bounty in which you have grant to us o lord our savior. Certainly the NFL and national media shan't.

We ask that you lay several more inches of your divine grace before kick off on Sunday and allow our holiest of noblest of brothers and sisters to endure the heavily ice and snow storms outside cowboy stadium during Superbowlth XLV.

Amen and may the force be with me.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:21 AM

143 posts, read 702,262 times
Bill Simmons on ESPN has been wondering why the roads are so bad. He doesn't understand why we don't use salt to clear the ice/snow instead of sand. A cab driver told him we don't use salt because it would be bad for the cars.

He is being very nice considering he ripped [and still rips to this day] Jacksonville and the NFL to shreds for hosting such a big event there. After driving through Jacksonville a few months ago, I would have to agree. Their downtown is really tiny.

I also have to agree with him as far as only having warm-weather cities host the Super Bowl. Just rotate it around Miami, Tampa, NO, Houston, Phoenix, San Diego, and LA.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,091 times
This Dallas weather isn't funny any more. I don't think it is very responsible for the NFL to hold super bowls in cities that are susceptible to weather like this. A lot of people are putting themselves at unnecessary risk to come to Dallas and travel around to events. The NFL needs to start considering more than selling tickets - they need to put some quality in the product. I don't think this superbowl is a quality product. I won't be coming back to Dallas for any super bowls and neither will a lot of people. It just isn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas