Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,762 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just have to say after living in Texas for the past six months and previously living in several different states and cities... that Texas has some of the nicest people that I have ever met. It is so refreshing to go out in public and get a smile where ever I go. It is so encouraging to meet such helpful people that seem eager and happy to help in any given situation. I have had men open doors for me (something that usually doesn't happen in other places),women stopping to talk for sometimes an hour, teenagers that are polite and police officers that actually do their job amongst many other situations.

I really enjoy the people here in Texas. Yes, the summers are quite hot and there are usual problems like any city but the friendliness of the people makes it worth it. I thought I would never like any place other than Oregon/Washington but I have to say the people here are friendlier. Nothing can compete with the beauty of the PNW but I don't think I would move back after experiencing the positives of this state..

Hopefully I won't get sick of it...maybe I will change my mind after being here for a few years but for now I like it...and growing fonder of it every day.

I just wanted to give a positive comment and a HUGE thank you for the great state of TEXAS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,770 times
Thanks, Raelyn, that's good to hear. Glad you're enjoying it here so far!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Thank you Raeyln, it's always nice to hear that others enjoy our State as much as we do. My mother would skin me alive if I didn't hold a door open, it's just not done as she would say.

Welcome to Texas, and I hope you enjoy your stay and hopefully never tire of the Great State of Texas to become a nuvo Texan or new Texan.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:01 AM

300 posts, read 1,258,602 times
I loved reading this! We are moving there in a matter of weeks and Im so looking forward to friendly people!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 AM

574 posts, read 1,479,029 times
Ditto what preppyglam said! Looking forward to our move!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 AM

112 posts, read 363,616 times
Very interesting. I am looking to move to the USA after I have finished my uni degree and looking at various states in the USA. There are many factors that I look at which includes house prices, job opportunities, churches and schools, climate (e.g wont move to the west coast because of earthquakes, wont move to NY because of the heavy snow and the expense rudeness etc). Texas is a place that I am fond of. I have known a couple of people from Texas who moved to Oz and they were really nice. Of course no where is perfect and you will get your "idiots" but they are everywhere (even in Oz). Texas (esp Dallas) is up high on my list of where I would like to move to (among other states). Thanks to the op for confirming what I think of Texas!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:44 PM

17 posts, read 99,314 times
lol coming2america. i agree. Ppl in NY are rude, and nasty.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I was shocked at how rude people were when I moved to Cali from overseas...then shocked again when we moved to Texas and manners and civility returned.

Good on ya, op! Glad you're having a good time!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:44 AM

42 posts, read 67,116 times
Amen!!!! We are moving from PA. We were transplants to PA from Iowa. The rudeness of the people in Pa is astounding. We lived there 11 years and it was hell. Everyone was nasty. Even in their jobs. They had the attitude of "how dare you come through my line and bother me". No hello, thankyou or goodbye. You could complain but the manager had the same attitude

I bow at the feet of Texas

Old 03-23-2011, 08:23 AM

64 posts, read 130,534 times
most people are delightful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas