Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 18,724 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in the town of Fate to relocate. I understand it's not far from Rockwall. Can anyone shed some light on things like home prices,property taxes,neighborhood safety i.e. crime,shopping,nearest hospitals, etc... I would appreciate any info you know. Thank you, caltotexasap.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Fate is a small town on the outskirts of Rockwall. Because of growth in this area the city limits of Fate and neighboring Rockwall and Royce City have come closer to each other. There used to be not much to Fate except a few small buildings in the "downtown" area and older homesteads in town and the rest on acreage. With the growth has come a lot of developments in the area. Most are modest homes on large lots. Then there are the larger custom homes on acreage. There is one road called Anna Cade that has several very nice custom homes on it. If you ever watched the show "Dallas" the house that Ray Crebs "lived" in on the show is on Anna Cade. There is a small airport for Rockwall out that direction along w/ a winery. Your close to Lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lavon - but no waterfront property IN Fate. The home prices in Fate are pretty average, not too much extravagance unless you want the acreage and a custom home which is getting harder to find. Prices are in the mid to high 100's and up to the high 200's on average.

As for the schools it depends on where you live whether you will attend Royce City or Rockwall schools. I have friends in both and all like the schools. Lots of parental involvement and community involvement for the sports teams.

Shopping, your going to be going into Rockwall to do most of your shopping. If you want the mall then your closest mall is in Garland at Firewheel Town Center or Mesquite at Town East (EXTREMELY CROWDED!). Rockwall is really growing and the options available for shopping now are unreal compared to a few years ago.

Hospital. Well there is Lake Pointe Hospital in Rowlett right over the Hwy 66 bridge from Rockwall. Small community hospital that is pretty good for minor things (I have had good luck when I've had to take my kids there for minor emergencies). The Presbyterian Hospital system is building a small annex in Rockwall. There is also a surgery center in Rockwall now. Otherwise for the BIG hospitals your looking at going into Dallas w/ Baylor probably being the closest. Although in non rush hour you could still get to Medical City Dallas or Presby Dallas in under an hour.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 18,724 times
Dear momof2dfw,Thank you for the info. Can you tell me how safe are the neighborhoods in the Rockwall-Fate area? Thanks again,caltotexasap.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:12 PM

40 posts, read 184,492 times
Can anyone respond to this? Thanks!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:37 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
My wife has a cousin that just moved to Fate. I would think its to rural to have any crime other than teenagers doing something because they are bored. There certainly is no serious crime. Her cousin home is in the 140k range and sits a huge lot. I thought it was strange that the yards were not fenced in. Fate is just starting to make a place for itself but I will say that area is growing. Rockwall is more developed and growing fast. There are alot of people in Mesquite moving to Rockwall because the want larger homes and Mesquite does not offer them (city planners here are morons). I would say both cities are very safe to live in. I you have any specific questions about Fate let me know and I will call her cousin and ask. The city is really in a infancy stage but my guess is it will will be exploding in the next couple of years.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:19 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieB View Post
Can anyone respond to this? Thanks!
From what I know of the area, it seems to be pretty safe... but you can check the actual annual crime stats on the City of Rockwall site that lists annual crime stats (under Depts, Police) as well as the Rockwall County site link...

City of Rockwall, Texas

Rockwall County-Official Website

Also, further info for both Fate and Rockwall can be found on the city-data city sites for both, including the ability to pull up the latest home sales (Rockwall has two zips 75032 & 75087 & Fate is part of 75032):

Fate, Texas (TX) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Rockwall, Texas (TX) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Good luck on your search!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 8,796 times
Thumbs up It's our Fate

I really love living in Fate, Texas. Woodcreek subdivision has it ALL. Nice homes, great amenities, affordable, fantastic schools, and very community oriented!!! Our community is large but you would not know it because of the involvement of committee's along with great functions for the whole family to enjoy. If you are considering Fate, Texas take a look at Woodcreek subdivision located off of Hwy.66, you will like what you see.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:26 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,103,207 times
Default #1 When it comes to growth

Fate has the highest population growth rate of any community in the Dallas-Fort Worth area at 936.71%. The town had only 463 residents in 2000, but that had risen to approximately 4,800 by early 2008. It is expected to have over 5,000 people by the end of the year.

When that happens, Fate can change its status from "general law" to "home-rule". That would allow the town to pass its own ordinances and have more control over its government than it has at present.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:12 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,259 times
Fate is a very nice town that still has a small town feel, but is growing fast and is real close to Rockwall and Dallas. There is a lot of new developments there, and most of Fate is in Rockwall ISD and a little bit of it is in Royse City ISD. I-30 goes right through Fate, so you can be in Rockwall or Dallas pretty fast. Lqake ray Hubbard is in Rockwall and it is a very nice lake. As far as shopping, there is a lot of stores in Rockwall and there is a mall in Garland(Firewheel Town Center-right off 190) and one in Mesquite(Town East Mall-right off 635) which are close by. Fate is also a very safe area. Hope this helps!

Old 08-12-2021, 01:56 PM

139 posts, read 210,990 times
Since Dallasties are some of the cheesiest and immoral people in the US, would you say Fate is more comparable to East Texas folks or the cheesy Dallas people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas