Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 AM

18 posts, read 75,245 times

Advertisements

I currently have a house in Little Forest Hills, but my fiance is wanting to move once we get married in March. She is looking for an area with newer development suitable to raise kids down the road and I am looking for an area that still has some natural beauty. Can anyone tell me of their experiences with the Shores in Rockwall or any other lake view neighborhoods out there that I may not know about. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 11:58 AM

9 posts, read 24,794 times
Default I have the same question

We were just there and it looked like a gorgeous neighborhood. Does anyone have any more information on it?
Thanks!

Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,242,029 times
Rockwall and Rowlett both have very low crime rates. You can still get acreage in Rockwall. About the only downside I can think of is if you live real close to the lake, the motorboats can be a bit noisy. Ray Hubbard is a huge lake, and its great for fishing and boating. There are quite a few nice parks along the shore of the lake.

Up until recently Rockwall was a one high school town, but now there are two, Rockwall, and Rockwell-Heath. I believe there may also be a freshmen center.

Rockwall is a conservative area in many aspects. I believe at last election it was about 80-90% Republican.

Drugs and alcohol are far less prevalent among teens in the area.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
The Utley Freshman Center is closing if it has not already since the new high school opened up. Strong school spirit for sure in the town. The Shores is very nice w/ a wide range of housing options from the older ranch homes to newer homes. We have several friends that live in The Shores and all are pleased. I don't hear any negatives at all except for the police radaring on Lakeshore

Old 10-30-2007, 03:50 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,242,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
The Utley Freshman Center is closing if it has not already since the new high school opened up. Strong school spirit for sure in the town. The Shores is very nice w/ a wide range of housing options from the older ranch homes to newer homes. We have several friends that live in The Shores and all are pleased. I don't hear any negatives at all except for the police radaring on Lakeshore
oh my yes, watch the speed limits in rockwall. there are some roads where they change a lot, and you must keep your eyes peeled because those Rockwall cops are waiting for you.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
My parents live close to Rockwall and that's where they go to do most of their shopping. They are members at the YMCA and they love it! Rockwall has REALLY grown in the last few years, and it still has a lot of the small-town appeal. There are all sorts of retail and restaurants there, so you rarely have to go in to Mesquite or Dallas.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 PM

9 posts, read 24,794 times
This board is so friendly...thank you all so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas