Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
Not true , most of the foodies I know are also clean organic eaters . The reason why a lot of them go to Central Market is
the choice but also because a lot of the produce are local. Organic food coming from, China , South America or California ( often sold at Whole Food) are not as fresh as the produce that are grown around here . Also it does cost a lot of money for a farm to be labeled organic , and plenty of farms in Texas may not have the label but do cultivate the organic way , and often this is what you find at Central Market . Central Market is also one of the only store that carry a very large cold cut selection without antibiotics , nitrates and other crap , often cheaper than mainstream supermarkets.
Not everybody going to CM is a snob , it is truly one of the best place to shop when you like fresh food , also the only left with a real bakery that sells the best bread in Plano.

Agreed... most of the Foodies we know are also clean organic eaters....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Not true , most of the foodies I know are also clean organic eaters . The reason why a lot of them go to Central Market is
the choice but also because a lot of the produce are local. Organic food coming from, China , South America or California ( often sold at Whole Food) are not as fresh as the produce that are grown around here . Also it does cost a lot of money for a farm to be labeled organic , and plenty of farms in Texas may not have the label but do cultivate the organic way , and often this is what you find at Central Market . Central Market is also one of the only store that carry a very large cold cut selection without antibiotics , nitrates and other crap , often cheaper than mainstream supermarkets.
Not everybody going to CM is a snob , it is truly one of the best place to shop when you like fresh food , also the only left with a real bakery that sells the best bread in Plano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Agreed... most of the Foodies we know are also clean organic eaters....
Then they're not foodies.

Urban Dictionary: foodie

Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 AM

718 posts, read 1,389,341 times
Well , I define a foodie as somebody in search of all type of food ,eager to try anything and everything , not just gourmet food, somebody that just loves to eat and will look everywhere for it. A foodie is also somebody that wants to know where their products are coming from , I don't see how it cannot be associate with organic , it's part of it.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Well , I define a foodie as somebody in search of all type of food ,eager to try anything and everything , not just gourmet food, somebody that just loves to eat and will look everywhere for it. A foodie is also somebody that wants to know where their products are coming from , I don't see how it cannot be associate with organic , it's part of it.
Agree to disagree, and I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:38 AM

718 posts, read 1,389,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Agree to disagree, and I'm not going to argue about it anymore.
That 's ok arguing about food with a French usually never ends, we can talk about it all day long, this is how we are educated

Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times

I've noticed that there has been zero interest shown in the Ft. Worth Forum about TJ's store opening right there in their city... not one comment posted since... which is rather odd, given the interest and build-up of these store openings in the rest of the cities, i.e., Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Plano!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

I've noticed that there has been zero interest shown in the Ft. Worth Forum about TJ's store opening right there in their city... not one comment posted since... which is rather odd, given the interest and build-up of these store openings in the rest of the cities, i.e., Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Plano!

Good point Bstyet2be...I am not surprised. I do not think that location is going to stay as packed as the others will. The greatest customer base is in Dallas,Collin and Denton Counties. Transplants like myself have been waiting for years in hopes of a Trader Joes. If they opened in say Frisco, the location would be busy non stop.There are a MASS amount of transplants in the Prosper/ Frisco area that are waiting for a Trader Joes.I was surprised that they did not open the first stores in Frisco and Dallas.The Woodlands was a fantastic choice.I think people were surprised that they chose to go to Fort Worth at all and even more surprised that they opened that location first.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,170,832 times
It'll be interesting to see once the newness wears off, and when the Dallas and Plano stores open, how well the Fort Worth store does in comparison to the other North Texas locations.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 PM

219 posts, read 608,829 times
I'm really just glad they're finally coming here. Though I underestimated how much my wife and I would like Central Market...

Old 06-23-2012, 06:25 AM

770 posts, read 1,797,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw2133 View Post
I'm really just glad they're finally coming here. Though I underestimated how much my wife and I would like Central Market...
I' am glad Trader Joes is finally here to. I went to the Fort Worth store a few days ago and liked the store very much. Got me some healthy groceries at a fraction of the cost of say a Kroger or Tom Thumb.

I have a question about Central Market; aren't they supposed to be cheaper and more reasonably priced than Whole Foods as well? I live near the Plano store off of coit, but just haven't made it over there yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas