Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:19 PM

791 posts, read 2,226,225 times

Advertisements

Cool, I have Clearwire wireless broadband right now. I've used it before, then moved to Dallas, and now away from Dallas. TimeWarner failed to meet my install so I called Clearwire (just happened to have the old TN on my cell) and signed up. Then called TW to resched the install of basic/standard cable only. I don't really miss the digital cable stuff and don't plan on uploading much. So far the wireless has been flawless.

And I've had Sprint for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM

80 posts, read 418,076 times
I roamed all around the DFW area on my last trip down there with my iPhone (AT&T) and always had excellent coverage. No dropped calls or anything.

metroPCS generally has excellent coverage as well.

All carriers suck.. it's just a matter of which one sucks the least. :-)

Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 AM

80 posts, read 418,076 times
I'll reply to myself again. I switched to T-Mobile for my personal cell. The AT&T phone was a work phone from my former employer, and I didn't want to get locked into a 2yr agreement with them. T-Mobile has the 'flexpay' service now, which is very nice. All carriers should have that!

The fiancee has Verizon. It worked OK in the San Francisco Bay Area but she has been having dropped calls out the wazoo here. 1 'bar' most of the time.

I've been really happy with T-Mobile so far.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:39 AM

291 posts, read 2,078,142 times
For most of DFW, any of the major carriers work fine. Bring your Sprint phone and give it a Dallas phone number and check it out. Then, once you're settled, you can try other carriers if you have any problems. Outside of town Sprint covers the major highways, and if you leave Sprint's coverage they have excellent roaming agreements.

When it comes to who is "best" in DFW, the nod goes to AT&T only because they dominate the higher-power cellular (850 MHz) channels. But are they worth extra cost? Probably not. Here is a list of all the Texas Cellular Providers.

I have a T-Mobile phone that I use in Texas and have yet to lose the signal. I can make calls on the entire trip from Dallas to Denver. Their roaming capabilites are almost as good as Sprint's and I agree with other posts that T-Mo has done an excellent job of building their DFW network.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,699,218 times
Additional consideration is if you do any international travel. If u do, then aaalso consider Tmo and ATT since these have a GSM network. I have TMO since they will unlock the phone after 2-3 months, which is great. Go to another country (usually GSM) & purchase a cheap SIM card to make calls that are FAR cheaper than what the carriers charge. Just mke sure that you phone has all the 4 GSM bands ("quadband").

Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 AM

108 posts, read 571,222 times
In Dallas everything happens at "Sprint Speed"!

Old 01-18-2008, 11:32 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,321,072 times
Its T-Mobile (dun dun dun dun dun) better signal quality then sprint espically around DFW airport and if you went out of the area you can roam free on other networks with a nationwide plan. More people are switching to them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: