Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM

64 posts, read 125,166 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are looking at homes this weekend and I drove around Richardson today and was curious about the Greenwood Hill neighborhood, east of Waterview, west of Floyd, south of Campbell and north of Arapaho. It looks like some yards were really well kept and others weren't. And the comps in the area seem to be all over the place. I just couldn't get a good feel for the area. Any tips??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candimom View Post
Hubby and I are looking at homes this weekend and I drove around Richardson today and was curious about the Greenwood Hill neighborhood, east of Waterview, west of Floyd, south of Campbell and north of Arapaho. It looks like some yards were really well kept and others weren't. And the comps in the area seem to be all over the place. I just couldn't get a good feel for the area. Any tips??
I live in Heights Park, just south of that neighborhood. Most neighborhoods west of 75 in Richardson have been very well-kept, but that is not one of them. What is your budget? Heights Park, Richardson Heights, Canyon Creek, the Reservation, etc. all are nicer. Same zip code too.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM

64 posts, read 125,166 times
Thanks! Our budget is no more than $165K. I'm thinking we may do better just to stay around the Firewheel area where we are now.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I live in Heights Park, just south of that neighborhood. Most neighborhoods west of 75 in Richardson have been very well-kept, but that is not one of them. What is your budget? Heights Park, Richardson Heights, Canyon Creek, the Reservation, etc. all are nicer. Same zip code too.
I agree.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candimom View Post
Thanks! Our budget is no more than $165K. I'm thinking we may do better just to stay around the Firewheel area where we are now.
You can find homes in Heights Park, Richardson Heights, and Cottonwood Heights in that price range. Give it another look if you want to live in this area...though $165k is a low entry point to Richardson real estate, which isn't outrageously expensive but isn't the cheapest per square foot either.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
I made a brief appearance at Greenwood Hills Elementary when I was a kid and lived in that area for all of Junior High (North Jr H) and most of High School (Pearce). The prices are all over the board because the individual streets are all over the board. Probably less than half of the houses have been updated from their 60's and 70's original kitchens and bathrooms. This area also has a lot of older seniors, and seniors love their flowers and landscaping, which is why you see many nice yards.

It's a very nice, mature area, but you can't judge the entire area of the boundaries you gave because there are pockets within the area that all have different pricing.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I made a brief appearance at Greenwood Hills Elementary when I was a kid and lived in that area for all of Junior High (North Jr H) and most of High School (Pearce). The prices are all over the board because the individual streets are all over the board. Probably less than half of the houses have been updated from their 60's and 70's original kitchens and bathrooms. This area also has a lot of older seniors, and seniors love their flowers and landscaping, which is why you see many nice yards.

It's a very nice, mature area, but you can't judge the entire area of the boundaries you gave because there are pockets within the area that all have different pricing.
Seems to me like the northwest quadrant of that area is the nicest, and it gets seedier the closer you get to Arapaho. There are some homes along Floyd that are just heinous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas