Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,275 times

Advertisements

From the responses, I'd say you've insulted everyone.

You're asking for advice, telling folks they don't know what's what in Dallas. Perhaps you should stay a bit longer in NY... attitude will get you NO WHERE in Dallas.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 PM

15 posts, read 21,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Weeeellll.....you are very welcome for my response to your questions, sounds like you really appreciate getting comments! [NOT] If you open a store here in the DFW area with that attitude, not only am I NOT your customer, you won't have ANY customers.

If you could read correctly, I said "wonderful furniture stores in the Galleria, (&) Dallas AREAS".

I haven't been to Nebraska Furniture Mart since the '80's when I bought a Bernhardt server there; I didn't know that was a tacky brand

Just looked to see what brands of furniture they carry. Here's a copied list from their website, don't think Wal-mart carries these brands.

Suggestion to look into Southlake stands.
*sigh*

What you're failing to realize is that you are comparing apples to oranges. That god awful list you found some where on the internet of brands they carry is a moot point - I will say it again for the cheap seats in the back WE DON"T CARRY THE SAME BRANDS...

I didn't ask about what competitors are coming to the neighborhood. I asked about locations where one might like to see a luxury furniture store and since "north of dallas" seems to be lacking a luxury store, I thought I'd ask the people directly. Hence this thread. I didn't ask you to figure out what you think my competition would be, quite the opposite really. Perhaps you should reread my OP.

Since when is Bernhardt a fun cool luxury brand? They sell big box store type stuff too. All matchy matchy bed room sets and living room sofas that are clearly boring. Oh you think because they're priced high that they're crap doesn't come from China? Nothing unique, fun, cool, colorful, interesting. Just plain old brown beige's boring stuff - nothing to write home about... Don't take my word for it. Check their website and show me something in blue or any other color or how about something with white lacquer... Since you took the time to find a list of brands, find me some colorful unique pieces from this brand you love oh so much. lol

Excuse me if i read that incorrectly but my point still stands. What luxury furniture stores are around the Galleria area? Can you name two?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
From the responses, I'd say you've insulted everyone.

You're asking for advice, telling folks they don't know what's what in Dallas. Perhaps you should stay a bit longer in NY... attitude will get you NO WHERE in Dallas.

Excuse me but what the hell are you talking about? Did you read? I haven't said anything to anyone rude who hasn't insulted me first. I'm so sick of people trying to be all Ms-know-it all but really don't know jack ish about what I'm talking about. I asked for location advice. NOT advice on who my competitors are and it seems thats all folks have been spewing.

Perhaps, you just don't like that this New Yorker is assertive and will not tolerate sarcasm and rude comments and will fire them right back at you. You don't come to my thread insulting ME and think I'm going to just take that take that. NO MA'AM!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:00 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,465,373 times
Welp, good luck in Texas!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
Welp, good luck in Texas!
Thank you!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primeexample View Post
LOL. Thank you for your post. I actually did research that willowbend has been a big fat fail (Saks). However they just opened Z Gallerie and Restoration Hardware and about to get Michell Gold + Bob in there too (so they say). I am definitely apprehensive but this is why I wanted to hear what the REAL locals have to say about it.

Could it also be that folks are going to the galleria or northpark to shop? I went to willowbend on a weekday and I was concerned at the foot traffic and the amount of high school students I saw walking around...
Everything is at NorthPark now - but when I say "everything", it's apparel based, not furniture or decor. Even Galleria is moving down-market; Saks is closing and Belk is taking their spot. LV left to open a flagship @ NorthPark. WillowBend will eventually pull it together but it's no where near the mix of retailers originally planned.

Decor and furniture is really centered in the design district and knox-henderson.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
"Since when is Bernhardt a fun cool luxury brand? They sell big box store type stuff too. All matchy matchy bed room sets and living room sofas that are clearly boring. Oh you think because they're priced high that they're crap doesn't come from China? Nothing unique, fun, cool, colorful, interesting."

Matchy matchy is what sells, for the most part, in the northern suburbs, that's why there is so much up there. That's why people are trying to steer you south.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,465,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
"Since when is Bernhardt a fun cool luxury brand? They sell big box store type stuff too. All matchy matchy bed room sets and living room sofas that are clearly boring. Oh you think because they're priced high that they're crap doesn't come from China? Nothing unique, fun, cool, colorful, interesting."

Matchy matchy is what sells, for the most part, in the northern suburbs, that's why there is so much up there. That's why people are trying to steer you south.
BUT HER DATA SAYS OTHERWISE!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Everything is at NorthPark now - but when I say "everything", it's apparel based, not furniture or decor. Even Galleria is moving down-market; Saks is closing and Belk is taking their spot. LV left to open a flagship @ NorthPark. WillowBend will eventually pull it together but it's no where near the mix of retailers originally planned.

Decor and furniture is really centered in the design district and knox-henderson.
This is very helpful! Thank you. Ya know, I did notice in willow bend there were quite a bit of retailers closing and opening. We were considering taking a short term lease just to see how we'd do but my goodness the emptiness in that place is scary lol.

I'm going to look into knox-henderson area which is one of my favorites anyway. I was just thinking that since there is so much new development in the northern part of dallas they'd might need some sort of luxury furniture *shrug*. Some of my family members moved to the colony recently and they were complaining that there was no place to shop for furniture and they didn't want to drive all the way to knox henderson.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:38 PM

794 posts, read 1,223,985 times
I'm not all that knowledgeable about areas "north of Dallas" but in the late 1990s I worked up in Plano when they were building out the Shops at Legacy and I do recall a few unique home decor stores up there...along with some independent boutiques (clothing and otherwise) and some good restaurants. I hear the area is still thriving but no first hand knowledge. I am not a real estate person but maybe this is an area that would do well for your shop - esp since your data suggests you have lots of buyers up there. There actually was a huge furniture store up there a number of years back and it isn't there any more (so maybe it's a terrible location!) Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas