Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM

146 posts, read 508,963 times

Advertisements

Me & my friends are going to go see Man of steel, which would be better to see it at....Dallas Imax theater, Fort Worth Imax, Ennis Drive-in or just a regular theater...We watched Batman Dark knight rises in Galveston's Imax...It was amazing , so I wanted to do something big for the superman movie just didn't know what...Any thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 03:52 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
I go to Ipic theaters only now.

https://www.ipictheaters.com/default.aspx

It's not as grand as an IMAX screen, but the theaters only hold like 80 people, and you sit in huge leather chairs... It's basically like being at home in my home theater. They have one in Fairview/Allen.

However, if you want to see Man of Steel on opening night, you're too late. They started selling tickets like two weeks ago. I got mine about a week and a half ago for the next night's showing.

It's just a more adult theater... no screaming kids, and the theater stays pretty quiet when you only have 80 people in there, allowing you to see/hear all of the movie without interruption.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:22 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorac View Post
Me & my friends are going to go see Man of steel, which would be better to see it at....Dallas Imax theater, Fort Worth Imax, Ennis Drive-in or just a regular theater...We watched Batman Dark knight rises in Galveston's Imax...It was amazing , so I wanted to do something big for the superman movie just didn't know what...Any thoughts

I would choose an IMAX. I think the only IMAX on the Fort Worth side is in Colleyville, but I could be mistaken. The Dallas area has a few. Fort Worth does have the Omni Theater, but I would not recommend seeing an action film there. I saw the Dark Knight Rises at the Omni and it was hard to keep track of what was going on during fast paced scenes, especially if you don't have a great seat near the top. That theater is best suited for the documentaries they show.

Drive-In's are fun, and Ft. Worth just opened a great new one by downtown, but I don't prefer them for movies with lots of special effects. IMAX is far superior.

I've also heard great things about the iPic theater than McKinneyOwnr recommended, but I've never been to it.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM

92 posts, read 169,991 times
How many drive in theaters do we have here in DFW? Anybody got a list?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 PM

19,798 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I go to Ipic theaters only now.

https://www.ipictheaters.com/default.aspx

It's not as grand as an IMAX screen, but the theaters only hold like 80 people, and you sit in huge leather chairs... It's basically like being at home in my home theater. They have one in Fairview/Allen.

However, if you want to see Man of Steel on opening night, you're too late. They started selling tickets like two weeks ago. I got mine about a week and a half ago for the next night's showing.

It's just a more adult theater... no screaming kids, and the theater stays pretty quiet when you only have 80 people in there, allowing you to see/hear all of the movie without interruption.
Win. I'll mix in an Angelika or the new place behind the Nick & Sam's on Beltline from time to time as well.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGeek View Post
How many drive in theaters do we have here in DFW? Anybody got a list?
There's the Galaxy near Ennis.
Brazos in Granbury.
And the new one in Ft Worth that just opened.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
...or the new place behind the Nick & Sam's on Beltline from time to time as well.
That would be LOOK I believe. LOOK Cinemas | Dallas

Old 06-04-2013, 02:18 PM

146 posts, read 508,963 times
Ok awesome thanks

Old 06-05-2013, 10:09 AM

931 posts, read 2,135,300 times
Quote:
Imax is pretty cool if you get a good seat.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Quote:
Imax or ETX (AMC's version) all the way!!

Ipic is fun, especially with the family but it falls short when it comes to the IMAX/ETX and action flicks. The IMAX sound is far superior and really enhances the movie experience when watching shows like Man of Steal.

Ipic = Family time
IMAX = Guys/Gals Action movie night out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas