Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times

Advertisements

I looked at the past day or so's posts here and didn't see mention of this, so here goes...

Changes stoke tension between Pecan Lodge, Farmers Market - Dallas Business Journal

I realize the Farmer's Market's new management is trying to make more $$, but they really should pretty much leave PL alone, IMO. It's an anchor of the market and main reason that so many people even go there in the first place.

If not, I'm sure many area venues would welcome PL's new location with open arms!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,480,689 times
The Farmers Mkt is a disaster. Barely any farmers. The dealers are awful. The shed where Pecan Lodge is has zero flow..it's very awkward.
I think Pecan lodge should move. How about to Garland Rd?

Old 08-06-2013, 06:17 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,635,398 times
That's too bad. It seems like the new owners would want to work with such a successful vendor to keep them there.

(of course, moving to Garland Road would be awesome!!)

Old 08-06-2013, 07:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
The Farmers Mkt is a disaster. Barely any farmers. The dealers are awful. The shed where Pecan Lodge is has zero flow..it's very awkward.
I agree, the Farmer's Market sucks. I have no interest in eating at Pecan Lodge but I can't imagine them staying in their present location.

Of course they'll move eventually and people will get really excited at first, then will gripe that it's not quite the same and the furore will die down, and the place will die a quiet death. I'm predicting...10 years.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,040 times
With all of the planned development at the market, it would not surprise me if they are trying to empty out the shed intentionally. depending on the lease arrangements, it may work out better for the developer if tenants decide to leave on their own.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:17 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
With all of the planned development at the market, it would not surprise me if they are trying to empty out the shed intentionally. depending on the lease arrangements, it may work out better for the developer if tenants decide to leave on their own.
Makes sense.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:36 AM

50 posts, read 98,962 times
I can say with certainty I wouldn't know where the Farmers' Market is but for Pecan Lodge. If they moved, I wouldn't even have a reason to go to the Farmers' Market. I actually hope Pecan Lodge does move, if only to cut down on the ridiculous lines.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
I don't think Farmer's Market is that bad. I've been going there for many years since I've lived here all my life and it's been a staple. We end up going maybe 4 or 5 times a year. When I worked in the area back in the '80s I went every week. Prices are kinda high, but the tomatoes are hard to beat in June and July. Nowhere else can you find them that good unless it's maybe a farmer's own roadside stand in East Texas? And freshly shelled purple hulls and cream peas can't be found in too many other places. One thing I will miss - being able to park under the sheds near the dealers. That might keep me from going in the hottest part of the summer. We've wanted to get some Pecan Lodge barbecue but every time we've been by there, they've either sold out or the line is too long for us. So it really doesn't matter to me if they stay or go. Maybe a regular restaurant would be the answer for everyone involved.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Maybe a regular restaurant would be the answer for everyone involved.
Maybe a true, down-home style farm-to-table restaurant?

Old 08-06-2013, 01:06 PM

173 posts, read 399,018 times
Farmers Market has gone downhill so fast, I can't imagine any redevelopment saving it at this point. We used to go all the time but now, the majority of the vendors have left or raised prices to the extent it's not worth the hassle of parking blocks away. If it weren't for Pecan Lodge, there would be no traffic in that shed. I miss the days of the furniture vendors, a wide variety of pottery and farmers selling fresh fruit. Today, the majority of produce is from the same distributors that the chains use.

I hope PL does move, its legions will follow! I am sure many a landlord will welcome them with open arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas