Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:33 AM

647 posts, read 1,217,268 times

Advertisements

I was visiting TX for the first time from MO a few months ago. At the parking lot of Bishop Art District planning to lunch at Hattie's, I was waiting in the car for an empty lot since the parking lot was full.

This family walked into their car, and I thought oh good, a lot is freeing up and I drove further up to wait. They got into an ugly sedan, about at least 4 of them, if not 5. But nothing happened. The ugly sedan didn't back out. This went on for at least three minutes. I wondered what was going on.

So I got my partner to go down and check out what was happening. She walked past the car nonchalantly and saw that all of them were in the car, but refused to leave the lot. For some reason, they didn't like the fact that by leaving, somebody else who needed the lot was going to get it. What a bunch of douchebags.

As she walked on, she saw that a couple was entering their car opposite, and quickly walked back to where I was parked and signaled for me to go to the other lot which would be freed soon.

As it turned out, my guess was right. As I was backing into the lot as soon as it was emptied, the family of Jackasses backed out of their lot! What's funniest was that because I backed into my lot, they had to wait for me to finish parking before they could drive off. Lol.

Now of course I can't say for certain I know they're local, but chances are they are, just going by probability.

What is wrong with these people and I sincerely hope it's not a Dallas thing. Is Dallas a place known for nurturing Jackasses?? What is it with these people? I've never encountered anything like this EVER in the Midwest. Isn't TX supposed to be a hospitable state oozing Southern charm?

What disturbs me most is that it was a FAMILY, which means the parents were knowingly flaunting their ass-holery to their children, who looked to be under 18 and probably telling them, this should be the way you conduct yourself in society! Be a jackass, its the way to go!

Old 08-16-2013, 06:30 AM

167 posts, read 334,927 times
When I read the title, I was expecting Johnny Knoxville to be mentioned at some point...

Old 08-16-2013, 06:38 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. View Post
When I read the title, I was expecting Johnny Knoxville to be mentioned at some point...
+1

Just sounds like random *ssholes you will find in most any collection of human beings, unfortunately.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:52 AM

88 posts, read 201,942 times
I think you are making assumptions. With that many kids, who knows what was going on, and most likely it had nothing to do with not wanting someone to have their spot. I know with my family, it can sometimes take time to get situated, there could be an issue with a child, they could have been deciding something or figuring out directions. If I was in that situation, I would wave the car on to an open spot just to be nice and let them know not to keep waiting on us. The timing probably just worked out that the kids were finally ready to get going once you were pulling in.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:53 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,463,188 times
Or maybe they had children they were putting into car seats. I feel bad but also hate when people see me getting into my car because it takes me a few minutes to get the kiddos buckled up.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
+1

Just sounds like random *ssholes you will find in most any collection of human beings, unfortunately.
+2

I'm going with random as well.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. View Post
I was thinking perhaps some donkeys were loose in Bishop Arts...

Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 AM

No, the kids weren't that young. More between age 10 and 15.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:40 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Amazingly enough no one is required to actually leave a parking lot even when they get into their vehicle. They could have been waiting for someone else, their children may have needed something that could not wait, their reason for sitting there is their reason and none of your concern.

Could you have parked further away from the door and walked? Since you have no idea what was going on and you think it is funny that they had to wait for you, I don't see them as being the scum you have portrayed them to be.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:43 AM

Okay I'm not saying that it's indicative of Dallas as a whole. I only stayed two days in Dallas (one night) so I did not spend that much time there and it could have been such purely bad luck that I had to run into such people in such a small window of time. Its just that I've not encountered anything like this in the Midwest or Northeast before.

I also thought Texans were very warm and friendly, more effusively so than Midwesterners but I found them less chatty and friendly than Midwesterners. Maybe I should go back again for another long visit, just to see if its true. I did talk to a nice TX couple in San Antonio at the Riverwalk, they were from the countryside of TX and were tourists like me and initiated a conversation. Other than that, nothing really stood out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas